Spiral

Strange phobias

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I think I have telephonophobia, the irrational fear of phone calls. Sounds ridiculous I know, but I hate phone calls. I really don't want people to call me or make phone calls myself.  

Also meeting strangers in like a date-like situation, this only applies if we have not met in person before. It really makes me nervous, and don't understand why.  I have in my option a great dating record but this still makes me anxious. Talking to strangers is fine and even something I enjoy but it's a appointment no not all.

Tips? 

1) do an affirmation, watch some videos on those

2) figure out root of fear

3)  deal with fear by facing it

same. but it's not extreme to that point. it definitely gives me anxiety though  

Slow exposure. 

Find root thought that is causing fear, become aware of what you do to evade, reassure and avoid. 

Have a friend call you for 20 seconds, stay on the phone and repeat root thought to yourself, sit with the anxiety, make sure to not do any of your avoiding or reassuring behaviours, be completely with that fearing root thought for the whole 20 seconds. Hang up. Repeat and make time on the phone longer (slowly). Slow exposure of the anxiety you endure with naturally decline. It works, trust me ? feel free to pm if you'd like more info or someone for moral support ♥️

The phone vibration is usually set to bounce directly in FA tone/heart. I had similar fears.

Use hands-free (no headphones, nor phone to the ears) when picking the phone.