Star Net

Topics that You do not agree with LEO ...

72 posts in this topic

Infinity. 

I think there's a difference between infinity manifest and infinity unmanifest. And therefor not all of infinity has to exist or has to ever exist. Even though the possibility for anything is always there. Like emptiness.

Or in other words, infinity as the paint with which God paints. As a creative force exploring what infinity has to offer. After all, it's infinite. You can keep exploring it forever. And that's what's happening as we speak. 

And so a universe like this is formed. And I feel like there's something that has this huge responsibility of making it all work out like it does so perfectly in this universe. Instead of a universe where there's only a little yellow circle moving around in a green space for billions of years without end. If there's no will to experience it, it won't be experienced.

31 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

I disagree with Leo's advice to people to breath intensely without pausing for 20-90 minutes with the "shamanic breathing". Or at least so it seems from the video. I think some people will push themselves too far.  As much as I've learned about Grof's technique, not pausing is not required. But I'm not sure I'll only be attending my first seminar next week, so maybe I'll know more then. 

There's a mega thread on this, you can use that as evidence for yourself

You might as well ban me or at the very least excommunicate me from this forum for what I'm about to say...

I'm not entirely sure Trump is the stage orange/red kind of guy Leo depicts him to be.  He may be accused of being a low conscious, misogynistic, racist xenophobe, but the testimonies of his previous lovers/spouses, the current black unemployment rate, and the growing peace between the Koreas say otherwise.  He likes taking a comprehensive, dare I say, stage yellow approach to politics.

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

10 minutes ago, WildeChilde said:

He likes taking a comprehensive, dare I say, stage yellow approach to politics.

Bahahahahahahaha.... :D

That's the funniest thing I'm gonna hear all week.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Belief is NOT direct experience.

All conspiracy theories are beliefs. This is the exact opposite of direct experience.

And direct experience is way different than ordinary experience. Direct experience is direct consciousness. It is not ordinary human experience. Direct consciousness means you BECOME the truth, directly. It transcends perception or knowledge.

The only way to access Truth is via direct consciousness. You cannot access it via belief, knowledge, theory, science, or human perception.

This ^

B R E A T H E

I think it is impossible to achieve the completely selfless state as long as You are a live,

in  some cases there are benefits of dealing with life from a self perspective ( Not selfish ), and in the other cases there are benefits of dealing with life from a selfless perspective,

but it is impossible to be completely selfless in life, ( I am not encouraging anyone to kill Himself or Herself, Do not commit suicide ) Warning,

because even when You are using language You are saying Me, He, She, My, Her, His ..... and these about self, So You can not  even think, Talk or  write without using self.

I think the right way to live is a combination of being self in some cases and selfless in other cases, and that will be beneficial for Yourself, and for everything around You.

I think if You are looking to be completely selfless in life, You are wasting Your life, because You are looking to achieve something that unachievable,     ( I am not encouraging anyone to kill Himself or Herself, Do not commit suicide ) Warning,

I'm a firm believer that in any circumstances, there is absolutely NO reason to try to make a proud, god fearing, church going female to do the satanic act of squirting. Nowhere in  the Bible that is adviced.

I don’t agree about `Rant against pickup artists`. I think in our dating world when women are so up on the pedestal, proactivity and communication skills with women  are crucial to develop. I know he doesn’t say that you shouldn’t develop it, but the whole tone of that video is that you should better stay on your couch and meditate than to go out.

1 hour ago, Haloman said:

I don’t agree about `Rant against pickup artists`. I think in our dating world when women are so up on the pedestal, proactivity and communication skills with women  are crucial to develop. I know he doesn’t say that you shouldn’t develop it, but the whole tone of that video is that you should better stay on your couch and meditate than to go out.

Or... pickup on your couch O.o

On 6/4/2018 at 10:48 AM, BjarkeT said:

I Don't think this is a good technique at all for finding the truth as this is also why some people believe the earth is flat.

people who believe the earth is flat do not have direct experience. people who went outside earth do. you are misunderstanding direct experience. 

for ex:

in 1930s the general population had an opinion of science without having done the science themselves. 

einstein came in and proved the scientific community and the general public wrong. 

the general public had such strong beliefs in science, without having any direct experience of it. they had a wrong, strong opinion because of a lack of direct exp. 

Edited by d0ornokey

wow that's such a great topic, I know I held as belief some stuff that Leo said and it had bitten me in the ass.

it wasnt that i was gullible or something, I was just lazy to think for myself.

The reason you cant take on belief unconsciously anything anyone says, even if it may be correct, is because you might not understand what the person meant! which means you believe something that's not true!

of course, Leo should look beyond his own interpretations of his experience, and beyond infinity

infinity has no absolute, and has no ground. groundless and empty as Leo says.

while true ground of all, true absolute, actual God of monotheism, Allah/Elohim/Christian God,

True God transcends infinity itself

thats the biggest mind twist, especially for nonduality folks

and alive infinite intelligence that Leo tripped to, is not really a God of monotheism

it is what Sufis call as Universal Being, or Universal Soul, or Self-unfolding Being

or just big SELF

also known as Adam Kadmon in Kabbala

think about it, you just trip and arrive to godhead, who is actually just a bored intelligence with human qualities 

and its not even clear whether he is alive or dead. whether you can call him god or just a dead reality

what kind of god is this? god with existential boredom? nothingness whatsoever? empty awareness field? infinite machine of infinite possibilities? is it god or is it some mechanic calculator? can you intuit that there are inconsistencies here

brahman = atman. but brahman is not God that transcends infinity. brahman is the name for impersonal aspect of this reality, which is maybe dead maybe alive, maybe dream maybe real, maybe this maybe that, utter nonduality

however pretty nondual picture only applies to this reality, but it fails when you recognise that your witnessing of the here and now, is not simply equal to reality but its rather pointing to absence of the real subject in the reality, it points to absence of actually real thing in this infinite reality. coz actually real and true is beyond this infinity. absolute truth is not infinity, or being, absolute truth totally transcends infinity, and you can't trip to it, in other words creator and creation are not in nondual bowl, they are not the same thing.

absence of the real subject in this reality points to that real subject does not exist in this infinite reality, real subject transcends infinity

so its not true to equate all old gods into the same god, all religions into all being about same thing, archaic paradigms of pantheism and monism to monotheism based on revelations, all mystical schools into the same thing, all notions into one undifferentiated bowl of oneness, and think that this undifferentiated bowl of maybe alive maybe dead reality is the absolute truth that people pray to? and consider as holy? praying to dead consciousness? to infinite machine with existential boredom? can you see that its not so simple my friends. but in the same time its all much more simple than we think it is, and 'deluded' religions who followed prophetic revelations understood it much better than us modern-time sages, not just conceptually but also experientially, because only messengers who had message from Absolute Truth could taught you how do you form relationship, binding (religare) with Absolute Truth, God. and your reliance upon your own techniques or own understanding can only take you to merging with brahman.

do you really think that Jesus or Muhammad did what they did just so you can merge with dead brahman

intuition can sense things that actual direct experience cannot. actually, intuition is more real than experience, or than perception. and ur intuition probably sense that something isn't correct about this, and your experience of god might probably been tricking your understanding of the map of the territory

human-being is reflection or projection of this universal being (Adam kadmon), its an archetype of reality, thats why you are one with it, thats why Leo sense that he is it, and it is him. of course reality is infinite mirrors all referring to each other, thats why its all relative, because absolute is simply not in this reality

true God is witness of this reality/infinity, but his essence is not here, he is not 'what is', his essence transcends 'what is'. God is what isn't, his absence in this reality actually points to him existing outside of this reality,

when mystics say God is everything they confuse realisation of him witnessing everything with his actual essence being in everything, but we can't say that his essence is in this reality, coz its totally different from this infinite reality, Sufism had this debates between various schools and resolved this misunderstanding long time ago, Sufism has term called 'monotheism of witness', which means that being is all one, while Allah is witness of being, and actual essence of God transcends being

our infinity and this infinite intelligence is probably like a tiny toy in his 'hands'

maybe this whole thing of misunderstanding god is the obstacle towards your enlightenment. so Leo, I believe in you

but I carefully follow Leo's growth, and it is very interesting to watch, because he brings lots of interesting stuff, even if I don't agree with him about God. coz without Leo i would still be studying all the things like nonduality that he studied for us, so without Leo i wouldn't come even close to anything, but now i wish to repay Leo, so that this maybe will boost his progress. he is great in investigating reality, but i hope there will be time when he will start to investigate about what can be outside of 'all there is'

Edited by Monkey-man

Just now, Saumaya said:

I do not agree with leo on the point that enlightenment has degrees or levels. 

I do.

Sure, ultimate enlightenment is the final level but there is: Low, medium, high levels of joy and the amount of it, the level of your counsciousness (which cant be measured),etc.

Just now, Ether said:

I do.

Sure, ultimate enlightenment is the final level but there is: Low, medium, high levels of joy and the amount of it, the level of your counsciousness (which cant be measured),etc.

Thats a different thing all together

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@molosku You’re completely missing that Moses and the Red Sea is an anology!

“Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, ...and the waters were divided.” 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

In Leo's video on what is consciousness (or perhaps it was from his may-retreat-report) he says that atoms are made out of consciousness. But atoms don't exist to be made or not made out of consciousness if there is no objective reality in which they can exist. Their existence is merely inferred from observable phenomena (which appears in consciousness). The fact that Leo says objective reality doesn't exist in some videos and then say atoms are made out of consciousness is contradictory. 

Edited by anaj

To me, more emphasis has to be focused on structuring the life purpose like Maslow. Spirituality/no-self/non-duality/etc goes at the very top, but we, as a group, tend to talk about this too much. The foundation looks like an upside down Maslow. Your niche that you're passionate about should be the foundation. If it's being a doctor, so be it. If it's being a farmer, so be it. Etc. Human beings cannot survive without different professions. Once you have this going, then you can incorporate the self-transendence part. By then, the person would have gained enough self-inquiry and experience. I would structure my life purpose so that more ppl would turn inwards instead of chit chatting about spirituality. It doesn't help. Sometimes it's like the blind leading the blind. If they (the viewers) have to talk, it would be communicating a skill. Talking or emphasising on any "maps" (as I described already) won't change one's karma. Positive things in life must be earned.

16 hours ago, Key Elements said:

To me, more emphasis has to be focused on structuring the life purpose like Maslow. Spirituality/no-self/non-duality/etc goes at the very top, but we, as a group, tend to talk about this too much. The foundation looks like an upside down Maslow. Your niche that you're passionate about should be the foundation. If it's being a doctor, so be it. If it's being a farmer, so be it. Etc. Human beings cannot survive without different professions. Once you have this going, then you can incorporate the self-transendence part. By then, the person would have gained enough self-inquiry and experience. I would structure my life purpose so that more ppl would turn inwards instead of chit chatting about spirituality. It doesn't help. Sometimes it's like the blind leading the blind. If they (the viewers) have to talk, it would be communicating a skill. Talking or emphasising on any "maps" (as I described already) won't change one's karma. Positive things in life must be earned.

100% agree

Too little emphasis on the basics of self-development these days. 

Edited by SFRL

@Saumaya There are levels to everything. Leo can say it all say it all day long, but you can never know unless you investigate and experience it.