Star Net

Topics that You do not agree with LEO ...

72 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Ether honest question... Why do you come to actualized?

Entertainment. 

2 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Ether seriously? That's it?

Yeah, sometimes advice or knowledge but mostly. I know places\mentors.

I agree with this saying...

"The map is not the territory metaphorically illustrates the differences between belief and reality. The phrase was coined by Alfred Korzybski. Our perception of the world is being generated by our brain and can be considered as a 'map' of reality written in neural patterns."

But, I want to add to it.

A map could be any tool we use to get somewhere or find something we're looking for. If we find it, we may only think we found it. It may only be a vista point, not the actual territory. It's not so easy to find the actual territory, even though we may be using several maps and many references. Maps are only maps -- concepts after concepts. The territory has to happen to you on its own, and then you realize. It cannot be induced by maps. You won't learn the lessons along the way. Induced territories could be very misguided for a long time.

And then following the actual territory, you get used to it, learn from it, and continue. 

When you get guided by the territory, it will not follow any human principles. Human principles will only be reduced to words and pointers.

I do not agree that we should eat vegetables only. I tried it once and I died.

I need bread, Milk and natural sugar. 

6 minutes ago, John Lula said:

@Ether I'm am becomming addicted. Removed news from my pc (and life) and replaced with this and other stuff.

Then dont  come in here every 5 minutes. Come here, post, reply, etc, then wait for 5 minutes, then do the same in 5 minutes.

I dont have an addiction to this place but more to another forum and thats what im doing

5 hours ago, Ether said:

That the "Brain doesnt exist".

What about when cirgeons open up your skull? Is there no brain? If we get a brain injury, how come something stops working as well? How about you smash your own head to see if there is no brain? How can we think if there is no brain? What, we think with our leg? Our hand?

Really ,Leo...

Did you watch the entire video? He addresses every question here with lots of detail. Check it out. 

1 hour ago, BjarkeT said:

That direct experience is how you figure out the truth. I Don't think this is a good technique at all for finding the truth as this is also why some people believe the earth is flat. You can have two different people experience the same thing but that doesn't mean they get the same outcome out of it.

This is a good point, but what’s the alternative? I feel like something you experience directly is more credible than a belief, no?

Edited by DMM710

@DMM710 I would prefer something like the scientific method not direct experience at all or at least as little as possible sorry.

30 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

@DMM710 I would prefer something like the scientific method not direct experience at all or at least as little as possible sorry.

So what’s your opinion on enlightenment? That’s not something that can be proven scientifically. Honestly most of the stuff discussed on here isn’t provable through the scientific method. You make a interesting point though, definitely something to think about. 

29 minutes ago, Ether said:

@DMM710 I dont want theories, I want facts

Fair enough

Edited by DMM710

You gotta be careful in how you interpret Leo because he’s communicating to people at different levels of consciousness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@DMM710 can't speak about enlightenment since i am not here for it at all. I am here for personal growth.

Hi @DMM710

1 hour ago, DMM710 said:

Honestly most of the stuff discussed on here isn’t provable through the scientific method

Then, How can You prove them ? without science ...

Edited by Star Net

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You gotta be careful in how you interpret Leo because he’s communicating to people at different levels of consciousness.

Is this wise? Does this actualize? Or is it more ego-ties?

Edited by WindInTheLeaf

@Ether You're really not wrong to stand up for what you logically believe, means you're really looking for something factual and tangible instead of just buying into whatever you read online. That is a very healthy habit in some ways, we would not have dogma if everyone was just as skeptical and rational as you are.

The funny thing is, that there's no real need for intellectual proof on this subject at all. Such conclusion is derived from direct, mystical experience and transcends the illusion of rationality. Once you have an awakening experience, you'll easily comprehend what Leo means when he says that brains don't exist. He was very clever to pick a brain as an example. He could've picked anything else and be right but choosing a concept so enlaced with consciousness in the conventional knowledge you can spot people that are unaware of spiritual reality and live in a materialistic paradigm pretty quickly.

Great topic! Flushes the heretics out into the open ;)

4 hours ago, nour-cha93 said:

I do not agree that we should eat vegetables only.

I never said you should eat only vegetables.

5 hours ago, BjarkeT said:

That direct experience is how you figure out the truth. I Don't think this is a good technique at all for finding the truth as this is also why some people believe the earth is flat. You can have two different people experience the same thing but that doesn't mean they get the same outcome out of it.

Belief is NOT direct experience.

All conspiracy theories are beliefs. This is the exact opposite of direct experience.

And direct experience is way different than ordinary experience. Direct experience is direct consciousness. It is not ordinary human experience. Direct consciousness means you BECOME the truth, directly. It transcends perception or knowledge.

The only way to access Truth is via direct consciousness. You cannot access it via belief, knowledge, theory, science, or human perception.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Great topic :) Hum. There's actually not much I full on disagree with, but there's a lot of shades and degrees where I'm not quite on board. 

I remember strongly disagreeing with Leo's early "relationship" advice. Really superficial. 

Ever since noticing how careless Leo is with numbers, I let them one ear in the other ear out. 

I do get annoyed by the repeated critique of scientists. We may be ignorant of spirituality but we're not quite as ignorant of the metaphysics of science as Leo likes to stress. 

I tend to be careful with all the 'reality=infinite loving consciousness' stuff explained lately. It sounds like a story. Nothing wrong with stories, but I'll wait till I have the experience - and maybe craft a different story around it. (Yet I deeply appreciate the explanation on how reality has to have paradoxes in it's very structure.)

I tend to disagree on cutting out dairy, though I haven't done enough research yet. Here in the center of Europe milk has been for thousands of years what sustained people throughout a long winter. Unlike the US where everyone's a mix of races, I think most people here do process milk just fine. (Though there's surely such a thing as too much of it.) And I do strongly believe in yogurt ;) 

The whole mindset of "you have to improve yourself, there's nothing more important to life" - I bought into it quite a bit but I don't think it's true or beneficial for everyone, in particular, I have to be way softer or else I collapse. 

I disagree with Leo's advice to people to breath intensely without pausing for 20-90 minutes with the "shamanic breathing". Or at least so it seems from the video. I think some people will push themselves too far.  As much as I've learned about Grof's technique, not pausing is not required. But I'm not sure I'll only be attending my first seminar next week, so maybe I'll know more then. 

Anyway, Leo, nice to see you back :)

Edited by Elisabeth