Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zweistein

What if we are all Super-Marios that can actually "point to the screen"?

13 posts in this topic

I love the Super-Mario analogy, @Leo Gura!

So, let's say that Super-Mario can actually realize that he is "being played" in a videogame (isn't that what we are doing here by self-actualizing ourselves?). He stops following the "orders" of the players (=society?) who sit in front of the screen. So, we Super-Marios stop being victims of the society. 

But how will this story end? What will all the Super-Marios do? 

• It makes no difference he's still stuck in a game and there's nothing for him to do then to be the game, the limitation of the game is his whole reality.
  • He can't point outside the screen where ever his hand goes will just be pixels. For him to point at the screen he will literally need to come out into our world. Its like if I said experience/imagine a 4D, 5D or 6D dimensional world,  see its impossible.
Edited by blazed

I think this is a misinterpretation of what he meant. He meant the  whole video game

You have the tv and the console powering it. You have mario in the world of the game, he can jump around, he can look up, down, he can crouch make expressions, power up, save people, fly, do flips, but he can't point to the fact that he is a collection of pixels on a screen flickering and changing colors based on a set of 1s and 0 that a team of programmers designed to be read by the console.

He wouldn't even begin to imagine that he could do that. And he can do some pretty wild and amazing things.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

Here is a link to a Tom Campbell video, if you want to go down the consciousness VR road

Edited by Colin

I still remember one of my DMT experiences where like Mario 64 when you jump in and out of the paintings. Life on earth became a painting frozen in time and i was back in the (real world) lol..

Still blows my mind till this day.

B R E A T H E

"We're all puppets Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings." - dr Manhattan, 'Watchmen'

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

"We're all puppets Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings." - dr Manhattan, 'Watchmen'

Funny-cartoon-Kermit-the-frog.jpg

@Zweistein The Mario cannot point to the pixels , only the pixels itself can do that , because absolutely speaking , the mario don't acttualy exists , only pixels exists . Them same way that you can't se ''the truth'' thinking that you are a self 

@Colin Yeah, interesting parallel with VR. :-)

Maybe I should have written: "let's pretend" Super-Mario could point to the screen.... It's just a little thought experiment.

I think it has so many parallels to what we are trying to do here with self-actualization. In a way we are Super-Marios realizing that we are "living" inside a video game and we can't seem to get out. Although some Super-Marios seem to be enlightened already somehow and seem to be pointing to the screen (like Leo, right?) - or maybe he is already sitting outside the screen with his VR helmet on and influencing the ruleset. Haha.... 

So, if we could think out the end, how would it end?

@Zweistein Well if you were to follow the ideas of consciousness VR, then everyone is already outside of the VR, because everyone is consciousness. 

Tom Campbell and others have said that they can unplug from this "console and tv" and "plug into another console and tv." 

I have experienced glimpses of this.

Currently, I am still dealing with the echoes of my religious and cultural upbringing so the idea of doing this still kind of scares me on a gut level. Ha.

But, I am improving every day +1 at a time.

Dcy789zVwAIfjw7.jpg

I think the pixel is the building block ... If you zoomed in yourself (your body) ifinitely what you would discover is empty awareness... How do you point that out? I dont think that will ever be an instrument so sofisticated to do that cause it would be against the rules. . . Nor the less every religion and philosophy points that out in metaphores. Generally speaking most of humanity calls the same thing in different names like god, brahman, allah, consciousness, the great self, ecy but what leo refers to "rasing your consciousness" is grasping the essence of these metaphores. I dont think that awakening leads to pointing at the pixel i think it leads to knowing you're made of pixels, you're made to play so dont get to serious about it. Is like having a lucid dream, what you do if you know you're in a dream? Dream more and dream better.... Usually you enjoy dreaming more and more because you have some sort of control. Now imagine the dream lasts 80 years (in avarage) and you get awakened (like knowing you're dreaming) i bet your life or the experience of life gets 100.000.000 times better just because you're not caught in small neurotic feedback loops inside the great consciousness but you have the feeling you're all of that in a place called here and now. With that said we have a specific orgsnism which right now cannot allow us to look it ... Just feel it

This is a nice zoom-out into the universe and back plus zoom-into the body clip, perfect for meditation/contemplation :-) 

Edited by Zweistein