Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
optimize

Paranormal Fear + Story Creepy

3 posts in this topic

So my parents have been telling me creepy stories they have heard from monks. They know I have been a sole practitioner for a while(like most of you). And tell me related stories to sole practitioners. One  story that really creeps me out:

This musician started doing meditation by himself for relaxation. And then he started seeing paranormal things. One thing he saw was a really pretty girl. And the girl went inside his body and try to take over his body. And he didn't know what to do so he went to a monk and got help. The monk helped him by chanting together some religious phrase or something till the girl went away or something like that. Then the monk warned people of doing this spiritual work alone without any direct guidance. Other stories involve paranormal things trying to trick you to follow them.

This story creeps me out because if something like that happened I won't know what to do and probably would just write another forum post. The only meditation/spiritual stuff I follow is LEO and actualized.org stuff! So far I only have watched his free videos, follow his kriya book he recommended, and read random stuff on the forum.

Also I'm scared that I would get tricked by a pretty girl cause I'm a virgin and get really horny sometimes while I meditate which I try to ignore hardcore.  Maybe I should get a girlfriend? Things I have been focusing on for last few years are life purpose mostly and spiritually work.

Yes I have listened to Leo's video of dark side of meditation many times and read his replies to such topics. And what I remember the general advice was to stay present and you can just ignore them. But what freaks me out is that I didn't know they could do stuff to you???!?!?!?

Also my sister had started meditating a few months ago and she saw creepy paranormal things while she was awake. She talks to my parents more about the creepy stories than I do. I didn't ask for details cause I'm a scaredy cat. I try not talk about spiritual work with my parents.

The only weird stuff that happened to me so far is not that bad. It doesn't scare me. I use to have my body move by itself like my torso just rotate. And sometimes I see a light. And recently I hear this ringing sound. Before I would hear this ringing sound only when I meditate and now I hear it all the time. Also during this time, I started following the kriya book Leo suggested. And I was focusing on this ringing sound during concentration.

So I'm asking is for some advice how deal with my fears and what to think of this? I still do my meditation(strong determination meditation) and kriya practice every day. I'm following the kriya book rigorously. I want to avoid any traumatic experiences. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

start reading books. leo's booklist is great. one book id recommend is "the sedona method" it offers ways to let go and surrender, usually what you have to do with fears like you have.

i started being scared of going psychotic because i started to hear sounds while meditating, but i just surrendered that fear and it barely happens anymore, and i dont fear.

Well generally you will be fine. It seems to me to be very rare for there to be something controlling you in any relevant way unless you deliberately let it. The rule of thumb is to not trust or even talk to anything. They can fake appearance etc, so not even an angel which one might hold good should be trusted.

Fearing them gives then power, hating them gives them power, but they are generally very weak. You don't have to really care about them. Keeping up with kriya practice and not being too stubborn about this will absolutely leave you fine 99% of the time.