Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rebec

Blend

4 posts in this topic

I've got a new job offer and I accepted it (it's a step up from my current job, in my heart it feels like the right way). Normally I am (was?) a very bubble, extravert person which shares this kind news with everyone, even those who don't want to hear it.

But now I don't. I even hasitate to tell my family (I can't react like it's a big achievement or that I am proud). It feels strange. I don't feel this is an achievement or a step up (there's no ladder to climb, only a dot which you move on a infinite white paper). I feel blend. And something in me wants me to be very enthusiastic, but it seems impossible.

Is this normal while self-actualizing? Is it possible that your character changes (from extravert to introvert)? Any tips?

100% normal. You can't have the full benefits of both without combining both. You need to get the strength of both, rather than picking. 

The introvert/extrovert diagram can be seen as a cycle. You can go from introvert to extrovert at any time. It's because when you're in the introvert phase, you work on yourself. You self-actualize, do self-enquiry, you meditate, and do all the habits to self-improve. All the work is done internally. But then what happens is that the extrovert is the reflection of the introvert. That's how I see the model. So it's normal. You become introverted but as time goes on, that introvert work will be reflected and thus you will be extrovert. This is also vice versa.

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

Hold the same regard for big or small, abundant or little and reward the unkind with kindness.
Plan for the difficult while it is easy.
Act upon the great from the beginning of the minute.
All difficult affairs must be taken care of when they are easy.
All great accomplishments must be performed from the small tasks.
Hence, a saint does not strive to do something great.
And as a result he is able to accomplish the great.
He who makes promises easily seldom keeps his words.
He who constantly regards things as easy shall result in difficulty.
Therefore, the saint is aware of the difficulties ahead and hence is cautious in managing affairs while they are sill easy and small to prevent resulting into problems.

It is normal what you're going through. Sometimes our instincts surprise us, but it is fine to not feel like telling. You shouldn't hold back your enjoyment too much at all however, but of course holding onto it won't help either