7thLetter

Ways to exercise your brain?

13 posts in this topic

Lately I've been trying and looking into different ways to grow while doing the techniques that Leo already suggests. I'm a highly analytical guy and I've been learning how to analyze candlestick charts in order to trade different markets like the Forex market. Trading is something I want to master, which is why I have been looking to improve my focus, analytical mind, mental clarity, memory, etc. What are some of the things that you suggest that would help with this? I've already got a couple Self-actualization habits that I've been working on such as reading/writing, meditation, contemplation, which help but I'd say are different from what this topic is about. I guess we're talking more about IQ here rather than EQ.

Some of the things I have been doing lately are:

- Playing and learning chess daily

- Listening to classical music

- Playing brain games on Lumosity.com daily (Not sure if this helps)

- Other puzzle games such as Sudoku or Crossword puzzles

- Solving quick math questions on iPhone/Computer daily

- Improving typing speed through online games

- Cardio (Biking & Treadmill)

Suggestions?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@Outer  Been on my way to mastering that. And I've heard of Dual N-Back but its not making any sense to me to be honest

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Coding is a nice way to stimulate your brain

You're not human, you're the universe

You could learn to program -- just pick a random programming language and watch some tutorials on youtube. Once you've got the basics down, go to a website like CodeFights.com and solve the problems there. It's a great hobby to have, since if you get good at it, potential job opportunities open up as well. Win win in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Create and develop your own Course of Study.  

could you elaborate please?

@B_Naz @StephenK Been looking into coding as well lately. Will definitely look into it even more. I love how there’s a lot of sites that offer interactive games that teach you coding

@Nahm Leo talks about it quite a but but I haven’t actually looked into it myself. Will check it out thanks :)

Brain games don't really work so I have heard. One of the best ways is deliberate practice with deep work because you consciously stretch where you are comfortable and improve the skills you are trying to become better at. Deep work is about optimizing your intensity of concentration which give you an advantage at doing deliberate practice and helps you do it at a higher quality and faster speed.

Edited by BjarkeT

Best brain exercise: Nap. 

All the mind exercises are just bindings. 

@7thLetter Cool.   I think it’s a tiny bit fair to say quantum mechanics helps ‘fill a gap’ in understanding between what our ordinary senses take in, and the Being. Not literally, literally speaking it’s a total magic mystery (how it is that there is actually no gap).  Only that I am that I am. I love the mystery though, and how it’s all around me all the time, how I get to be “in” it. But anyways, QM’s can be a usefool tool. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 hours ago, B_Naz said:

Coding is a nice way to stimulate your brain

That one

Specially if your a beginner learn python which has very little instructions to begin with then you can enjoy yourself .

I solved a problem a set today after days of working on it, boy I feel so good . it stimulated me so much I even went running for a kilometer .