The White Belt

How did you do it, Leo?

11 posts in this topic

How did you manage to not throw the baby out with the bathwater? 

You say you've realised that everything is pointless, meaningless.

Yet you've still managed to run your website, keep up your weekly videos, manage your business, answer your emails etc.

I just read your comments about how doing things is pointless, and my mind tries to tell me to throw away my passions and big goals.

I'm struggling to not give into my mind.

How did you manage it?

How did you reconcile the paradox in your mind?

Please tell me! 

x

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

if life is meaningless , who said that you can't have a website ? who said that it is a paradox . when you think everything needs a meaning , them this pointlessness seems like a paradox , but if you really grasp the significance of that , life being meaningless is what makes you free and what makes all this possible ... my thoughts , thank you man

Edited by tecladocasio

If you have not yet grasped the idea of life having no point in a very personal and mystical way then there's no point in thinking about it, since you don't really have a direction. 
It seems to me though, that you have accepted the conceptualization of real objectives being put in place as non-existent. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities to your life, if life is a dream and you're lucid of it, choose to dream a good life, with imaginary goals and sensations, instead of a nightmare.
Dreaming and living a purpose inside of such dream is not a paradox at all, it is doing the smartest thing you can when you know you're dreaming.

@Leo Gura I'd really appreciate it if you took the time to answer, please. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

I am in you'r position right now. I feel that everything i do it's just a distraction from being now, including life purpose and all the social stuff. I really think about to become a monk to be present all the time, but i'd like to hear an opinion from @Leo Gura he got to have an idea why to stay in society and have a purpose, after his awakenings.

On 01/06/2018 at 7:17 PM, moon777light said:

you might as well make this meaningless life fun :D 

True, its not that life is meningless...its that meaning doesnt exist.

No meaning doesnt equal meningless. If one thing doesnt exist, it doesnt mean there is lack of it, it means its not there!

Its the same as not knowing. If I say: "I dont know if my club won yesterday".

It doesnt mean the club lost, it means it could have either won or lost but the result is unknown.

Edited by Ether
a

@The White Belt Well, life goes on. There's not much choice. Either you choose to kill yourself or you choose to keep living. If you choose to keep living, then you might as well enjoy living. In which case, you might as well set some goals for yourself that you feel will please you and help the world. And then you discipline yourself to work on those goals and enjoy the process.

That's life in a nutshell.

Even though I know it's meaningless, I still have certain things I want to get out of life, and certain things I want to create. The creativity is for its own sake. Start doing the things you find most fascinating/beautiful. Or, if you can't do that immediately due to financial limitations, then make a strategic plan to work towards that goal. Ideally, every day should be you doing your art and enjoying the process and enjoying life. You'll need a strategic plan to actualize that. But first you need to find your life purpose (the thing you find most fascinating/beautiful).

Yes, it's challenging. Some days are difficult.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thanks Leo. I watched your paradox of personal development video after asking the question. 

It helped. 

You said you would probably do about 30 videos each one on a paradox.

Not a bad idea. Perhaps you can make one called 'The paradox of doing meaningful things in a meaningless existence'.

Just a suggestion. :) 

― Shunryu Suzuki

@The White Belt Yeah... I forgot about that. That would be a cool series on paradoxes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Also its good to remember you haven't actually lost anything its just that you went from thinking something is important to thinking it's not important, time to start brain washing yourself with life goals and motivational videos!