Karin12414

A Month of Reflection

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys :)

Hope you have all been well.

I have spent the past month in reflection and meditation to discover who I am. I got into some personal yoga and have been spending time contemplating the things I have experienced in my life so far. I am starting to feel lighter and happier with life overall. 

I decided that I wanted to be more confident and proactive with my life. I am only 18 so it feels like the world is open for anything to happen in my life :)

I found a local group that offers support for victims or sexual assault and I have met some of the most beautiful, broken people. I have been able to form close connections with some of the girls and have even been asked to be a sponsor for one of the younger girls in our group. 

I feel like when I talk to her and listen to her story, I am not doing it as a victim to another victim. I feel like I am separated from that past and I am able to talk to her as a survivor

I got a job as a server and I'm already doing very well there :) I am saving all of my money and my friend is looking to find a place with me. 

I haven't had any issues with my brother and I have been able to feel comfortable and confident at home.

I won't go as far as saying that I am completely cured and enlightened or anything like that. But I am feeling a way I have never been able to feel. Just liberated. 

I want to travel and learn more about this world. And I feel like the person I am now can achieve all of that.

Once again, I thank you guys for your continued love and support. I truly owe so much to you guys. 

:x:x:x

@Karin12414 congratulations girl! Keep it up, you're doing great!!! 

Don't let anyone or anything limit you from being all you can be :)

continue growing and never stop no matter what :x