Ether

What do you mean by "We are all one"?

112 posts in this topic

@Ether “Old boy” was the experiencer of nonduality. A concept of an individual. The character in time who convinced the audience it’s the actor. The filter of the present. The unseeable haze. The firmament to clarity. The lynch pin of the gateless gate. The ‘protector’ of actual reality. The invisible shield of fear. The offended, perturbed, and engaged when addressed as - my friend, buddy, and ‘old boy’. The seer of other and therefore, other. The owner of memories and desires.  Old boy was a selfless half dead workhorse still running in it’s mind even as it was being put down, and of course, freed.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Ether “Old boy” was the experiencer of nonduality. A concept of an individual. The character in time who convinced the audience it’s the actor. The filter of the present. The unseeable haze. The firmament to clarity. The lynch pin of the gateless gate. The ‘protector’ of actual reality. The invisible shield of fear. The offended, perturbed, and engaged when addressed as - my friend, buddy, and ‘old boy’. The seer of other and therefore, other. The owner of memories and desires.  Old boy was a selfless half dead workhorse still running in it’s mind even as it was being put down, and of course, freed.

??

3 minutes ago, Outer said:

@Faceless

Please consider going to college and take an English 101 class if you're serious about communicating your insights. Otherwise no one will understand you. You do not know how to communicate right now, sorry.

Lol that's just mean. His english is not a problem. It is more than fine. It is talking in abstractions and expecting others to fall into some kind of frame of realization that may be the stubborn issue.

Faceless, you are unknowingly being condescending to the people you communicate with. You've taken on the role of the mystic trying to awake people to your realization but there is no humility.  To state an opposing perspective and say 'it is fact, end of story' is not productive and it is abrasive to a conversation. You're assuming that just because someone is not seeing eye to eye that they just don't get it. Naturally this breeds resentment in people.

It is the subtle satisfaction to reinforcing your belief system while simultaneously convincing yourself that it is somehow above other thoughts and beliefs. 

The Buddha and mystics are like this. They are vague, they respond to questions with more questions and if someone doesn't understand, then truly, they are not ready. The problem comes when this stuff is being imitated rather than truly embodied. 

3 minutes ago, Arman said:

Faceless, you are unknowingly being condescending to the people you communicate with.

The stronger the ego, the more it particularly feels condescended to. 

What do you mean by "We are all one"?

Irrespective of circumstances, thoughts, emotions, beliefs, karma; our witnessing presence shares the same qualities. Unattached, self-luminous, nondual, limitless, without any phenomenal quality, always present unconditionally. 

Beneath the folly of our characters and positions, its the same knowing, same being, same witnessing presence.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Wait what is the debate here... Whether the "Self" transcends experience? Don't we all do that every night in deep sleep? (Tbf I don't remember anything from deep sleep, maybe some crazy ineffable stuff is going on).

We are aware, but not of anything in particular. Just Pure Consciousness, resting its attention, returned to its Source

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

@Arman i completely agree with you. i think a reason why me (and practically everyone on here) quite like Leo's approach to explaining this is because he does it in a non-bullshit, straight to the point, open to skeptism way. I noticed Faceless's way of explaining the concept of nonduality is through the use of something similar to riddles. However i dont think his points are wrong or anything, just that sometimes ( a lot of the times) when i dont understand, i feel like im dumb or inadequate to understand this lesson thats being presented to me. Sometimes i get frustrated when i ask him to elaborate but he doesnt answer the question directly, instead answers by the use of other riddles.  Then again there is a great deal of myself projecting onto faceless's answers (my insecurity leading me to believe that im dumb since i dont understand or my somewhat lacking of self-worth jumping to conclusions that he is speaking is a condescending-im-more-spiritual-than-you kinda way). We are all here to learn. Peace

Also just wondering @Mikael89 @Faceless @Outer @Anna1 have any of you actually experienced no-self, or "enlightenment". Not talking about the philosophical questioning that all is one, but actually feeling it, the infinite? 

If someone has something they want to teach, I'd say to give the benefit of the doubt and ask for clarification if you don't understand their point of view.  Rather than allowing the ego to reflexively feel condescended to.  Have a conversation, rather than a defensive pissing contest.

Defensive egos miss opportunities for learning.

Edited by robdl

Just now, Mikael89 said:

The thing is that truth (awareness) doesn't care about having cool experiences, only the mind/ego does.

So truth invisible in the background, no matter what.

It doesn't care about good or bad, love or hate, pain or pleasure, and so on. 

That's why I'm against all this "Oh truth is looooove, love love love oooooh <3", oh please, get a room. Spiritual teachers almost never even mention the word love.

Enlightenment is not for the mind, it doesn't really like it.

Finally someone said it!

I remember an interview of Peter Ralston where he was asked why he doesn't use sales pitches like love, compassion etc. He replied that he doesn't wanna mislead people by alluring them with irrelevant stuff.

Also I remember from Jed Mckenna books where he points out that the true spiritual teachers only has  Truth. But the students are there for all sorts of egoic purposes/love/bliss/ecstasy/self aggrandizing etc. Thats why there is huge communication gap and almost no one wakes up.

"We don't have what they want and we have what they don't want''

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

HA! People always say...”If it helps just one person, it’s worth it”. Lol! I was ‘that one person’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

50 minutes ago, Outer said:

When is memory taking place?

The present moment. So what? Are you saying there is nothing beyond the present moment, and experiencing?

If so, you may need to go back and review yout own teachings, Bentinho Massaro ;)...

https://www.trinfinityacademy.com/courses/infinity-awareness-wakes-up-to-the-absolute/lesson-3-what-is-beyond-experiencing/

https://www.trinfinityacademy.com/courses/infinity-awareness-wakes-up-to-the-absolute/lesson-1-infinity-is-originally-unaware-of-itself/

(Btw to anyone interested the trinfinity courses are some of the very best free teachings out there).

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

HA! People always say...”If it helps just one person, it’s worth it”. Lol! I was ‘that one person’. 

Fr?

--

Stop fighting already

I wonder what yall are gaining from all this fighting? What happens after you proved your opponent wrong? Are you happy then? Or are you just following your own ego-tail like a dog? Think about that

Dont look at me! Look inside!

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I wonder what yall are gaining from all this fighting? What happens after you proved your opponent wrong? Are you happy then? Or are you just following your own ego-tail like a dog? Think about that

Screenshot_2018-04-10-13-24-48_com.tence

Using the word "Love" to describe the indescribable is just as valid as using the word "Truth." And both fall short.
And if you've never heard spiritual teachers talk about love before, you haven't been paying attention. It's all they do. ;)

1 hour ago, moon777light said:

have any of you actually experienced no-self, or "enlightenment". Not talking about the philosophical questioning that all is one, but actually feeling it, the infinite? 

Yes, but it's a non-experience, it only seems like an experience to the ego. Its awakening "from" thinking ur an ego, thats why its not an experience. It's seeing from the perspective of yourself (awareness) and being aware OF objects, both subtle and gross. It's not a big deal really, it's what "is" anyways. Most just don't realize it, but when you do it's quite funny.

The challenge is too not get sucked back into believing the story of "me". You know it (the person you appear to be) has an "apparent" transient reality, another words, it exists...it just aint real. So, you play your role, but not being identified with it, as you. 

So, you (awareness) will be "associated" with the hologram person, if you will, until the death of the body. To think you will trancend to some mystical place, is a satori dream, it will have you chasing "experiences" until the end of time, still believing in a story, even if it's a nicer, more comfortable story. It's still a story.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?