Ether

What do you mean by "We are all one"?

112 posts in this topic

???????????????????

Existential Truth is one.  It’s not conceptual.  BE-ing is not two.  It’s one experience.  You only get duality when you start creating thought-stories.  Then you create all these schemes, right.  But BE-ing reality is a single experience.  And I try to maintain that Holism in how I conceptualize reality too.  For example, I like the scheme of thinking of reality as a Network of Perspectives (the entire Network being the ‘one thing’) , I find this scheme useful.  But I don’t mistake this scheme, this conceptual system, this thought-story for Existential Truth.  They’re two entirely different animals!  But they work together, once you learn how to SYNERGIZE them.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

If you see a dog you share something with the dog because you're able to see it. You're in the same world. Whatever you interact with, you're in the same world with it so you share something with that thing. That's why we're all one, connected.

Practice:

From an element, like oxygen, it can be created any other element in the universe and vice versa with any element. To a point of a very complex biological organism. Any particle in the universe has all the information of the whole universe, isn't this marvelous? 

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@Ether

Are you alone? 

What does is mean to be alone? 

Currently, yes. Well, alone means there is no one around you in the area where you are.

Just now, Ether said:

Currently, yes. Well, alone means there is no one around you in the area where you are.

I’m sorry mr @Ether

i read it as alone, but it says one. My apologies??

An easy way to understand that statement is to understand the nature of thought.

Once grasped, you will see that only thought creates this sense of separation, division, and so on. 

Edited by Faceless

But it’s only in the ending of this thought/thinker is there actually this oneness. 

If there is a dualistic movement there is no oneness. 

Edited by Faceless

This can be experienced directly, but even just using logic and science... Everything is interconnected with everything else. Anything with mass (or equivalently, energy) exerts a gravitational pull on everything else with mass/energy. And that's just Newtonian speak. We can arbitrarily draw imaginary boundaries around objects to separate them from the rest of reality (which can be useful and practical to do), but they are just that, imaginary. Every boundary line can be instead looked at as where an object meets with the rest of reality, and thus, reality is an extension of that object.

Moving to quantum mechanics, reality is nonlocal. Space and time are illusory, eminating from a more fundamental "stuff". "Where" is this stuff? Well that question doesn't even make sense, the "stuff" transcends location. This "stuff" is nonmaterial (like consciousness), a "field of potential existence", and sources information (which is that which has meaning... meaning to whom/what? "Consciousness"). And from this consciousness is manifested all of the seemingly separate objects, as plays and displays of itself. 

Just like in a dream... you dream for example of "other" people, they may even talk to you while you sit there listening, not knowing what they'll say next... And yet it is all generated by "your" consciousness. Even the space you seemingly traverse in your dream isn't really there, it emanates from consciousness. As does all the seemingly separate objects, and the "you" main character of your dream... All plays and displays of consciousness. 

And it is getting more widely accepted that the physical universe is like a hologram. And a fundamental feature of holograms is that every piece of them contains the information of the whole. This may be how particles "know" how to behave. A ball falls down in the manner it does because it contains all relevant information of the state of the universe within it.

Additionally, when we say Reality, that is automatically all inclusive. If we find anything separate from Reality, it is automatically included in Reality. Hence, Reality is one.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

9 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

It happens in one.

This is a conceptualization and product of the “movement of thought” 

If you “the center” thought, is still in motion then oneness is an idea and nothing more. 

Unless the you “the movement of duality ends” the fact remains that the self as a divisive/dualistic entity is merely interpreting nonduality and not ending the actual movement of duality In oneself. 

If conciousness is full of its conditioned movement/content then “ONENESS” is an idea. 

Ideas don’t end the movement of duality. Actually Ending Duality does. 

Unless this is actual in oneself,LOVE is not. 

Edited by Faceless

you can understand this through the concept of empathy. look inside, and remember a situation in your past in which you experienced a meaningful experience. now, can you connect to that previous version of yours? can you feel now the same emotions you had once again? can you sense now the same sensations you had once again? can you think now the same thoughts you had once again? This way you train your empathy "muscle".

now look outside, now, can you connect with other humans (or animals)? can you feel the same feelings/emotions they are having right now? can you sense the same sensations they are having right now? Can you think the same thoughts they are having right now? If you have succeeded in all these, you realize that through empathy, all "others" are just "mirrors" that show you sides in your personality. and that's how "We are all one".

5 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

@Faceless

Let's hope a car hits you when you're crossing the road. 

Then we will see if duality is a mere "concept"

You see my friend, you are caught in time/mind. 

Explore yourself and maybe you will soon understand what I mean by the ending of of dualistic action. 

explore the nature of fear, desire, pleasure...then come back and share with me a first hand discussion. 

Edited by Faceless

Just now, Etagnwo said:

So I'm caught in my mind now just because I don't understand your gobbledygook?

??‍♂️

Explore yourself and find out 

1 minute ago, Etagnwo said:

Wait!

Isn't "my friend" and "yourself" an abstraction?

That is the nature of language yes 

hehe ? 

@Etagnwo

notice that fear in you? 

The movment of duality....watch it, observe it. 

5 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

So let me get this straight. I need to explore myself so that I can understand you?

How about you get off your high horse, quit the pretentious teacher role and just have a normal conversation?

I never asked you for your advice and I never asked to be put in the role of student. I said I didn't understand the complicated language you use 

There is no teacher. 

This is why say explore yourself.