Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaucherJunge

Non-attachment

12 posts in this topic

How to master non-attachment? What are your ways to keep it up?

Just be present. You cant be attached to a person, object, event, activity if you are not thinking constantly about it Lmao.

34 minutes ago, Ether said:

Just be present. You cant be attached to a person, object, event, activity if you are not thinking constantly about it Lmao.

I don't think that being present means that there can't be thought, it is surely possible to think consciously. There are even meditations where you are meant to be thinking and just stay present meanwhile. 
Also from my perspective, it is impossible to quiet my mind completely when it comes to certain persons. Even with that adivce in mind, keeping this up for the rest of my life, there is still active attachments right now which would stay.
I think most of this plays out on an unconscious level anyway, you would have to be in a state of permanent no mind not to get attached at all.

Edited by LaucherJunge

23 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

u rule 

Lol 

:)

@LaucherJunge

To add to what @Ether said, find out why you're attached in the first place.

For instance, let's say you're attached to a certain relationship. Why? What are you afraid of that is making you cling to this relationship?

Maybe it's a fear that if you ended the relationship the person would hate you. Or maybe it's a fear that no one would ever like you again.

Attachment = fear, always.

Your natural state is non-attachment. So don't seek to be non-attached, instead become conscious of the fear that is holding the attachment in place. The hypnosis then crumbles.

Thank you all for your advice.
So the best way seems to be being present, but in another way that I have been before. I have been really present in the past years but I have never seen attachment as something that is holding me back. Now that I really deliberately watch the attachment forming and also seeing the attachment which already formed in the past I feel like I removed a kind of spiritual bottleneck. Suddenly I have memories from years ago coming up noticing the attachment they unconsciously created, I am curious where my path will go now.

Edited by LaucherJunge

15 hours ago, aurum said:

@LaucherJunge

To add to what @Ether said, find out why you're attached in the first place.

For instance, let's say you're attached to a certain relationship. Why? What are you afraid of that is making you cling to this relationship?

Maybe it's a fear that if you ended the relationship the person would hate you. Or maybe it's a fear that no one would ever like you again.

Attachment = fear, always.

Your natural state is non-attachment. So don't seek to be non-attached, instead become conscious of the fear that is holding the attachment in place. The hypnosis then crumbles.

Yes. Thank you :) 

By attaching to your body/mind above anything else ;) 

Being present is a consequence of the above. 

35 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Look into what is attached. 

Great, I had exactly this thought during a meditation around the time you posted that.