Power

Why can't I meditate anymore?

5 posts in this topic

I was on a good meditation streak for 3-4 months. I was making progress and really enjoying meditation until one day I had a minor panic attack (I wasn't even stressed so I have no clue why that happened) which has never happened before. It hasn't happened since and I have never had any problems with that type of stuff. Now whenever I try to meditate I cant make it through even a 20 minute sit, and if I somehow do manage to sit for 20 minutes I don't even feel the slightest bit relaxed after. Sometimes I feel sleepy after meditating lately... I try every day but it feels like I am making zero progress. Are there any different types of meditation I can try to maybe get back in the groove? I miss being able to sit for an hour plus each day and be almost stress free...

remeber a sign of progress is when ur meditation brings up negative shit. getting the shit out is a good sign. this might just be you purging. just sit down and let go and dont have excpectations. this path is a windy road. if ur meditation sessions are all rainbows and butterflies its a sign you need to change shit up.

Its perfectly normal. It will pass no worries. Keep meditating and dont pay much attention to it. To me it seems like you experinced the night of the dark soul. I experienced something similar 2 years ago i felt like i was fragile and break apart in little pieces i had panic attacks too and cried for hours. Meditation progress is not a straight line.

I seems anxiety wreaks havoc. I had a few months of sitting for 20 every evening + sometimes I would do a longer sit just for the pleasure of it. Then I had stress and illness and fell into depression and anxiety and couldn't meditate at all. Now I'm trying again, but I'm struggling to do mere 10 min. Worse then before I started this. 

Maybe try this one  , they call transcendental meditation  , they say it does wonders  ! 

For more info check the website 

https://www.tm.org