TimStr

Realizing absolute formlessness - 7 day solo retreat + 300µg AL-LAD - Report & advice

30 posts in this topic

Awesome man!!!!   So beautiful.

I loved this part  "The only way to relate to other beings without creating suffering is the way of utter vulnerability. Like if you literally would lay you naked body in the arms of another person, exhale your last breath and say: You can have everything! My entire existence, it's yours!" This kind of surrender is the exact same surrender that is needed for enlightenment."

I think this happens when you fall in love with someone.  The trick would be to fall in love with reality, Truth, existence and be able to stay in love forever...  

Great stuff.

11 hours ago, TimStr said:

Yeah, that is sooo stunning! And this created this "Oh my god! It's all me!" moment. :D Glad to hear, that you share that experience.

Have you posted a trip report about your trip?

oh shit, I know that 'Oh my god, it's all me' moments. they blow your mind. speechless. <3 

yeah, I always write a trip report afterwards, helps me to sort my mind and to gather insights. then there comes the difficult part....integrating the experience in daily life. embodying the revealed.. I'm rooting for you, I wish you all the best <3

whatever arises, love that

2 hours ago, Nexeternity said:

I loved this part  "The only way to relate to other beings without creating suffering is the way of utter vulnerability. Like if you literally would lay you naked body in the arms of another person, exhale your last breath and say: You can have everything! My entire existence, it's yours!" This kind of surrender is the exact same surrender that is needed for enlightenment."

I think this happens when you fall in love with someone.  The trick would be to fall in love with reality, Truth, existence and be able to stay in love forever...  

<3 I love this! utter surrender..

whatever arises, love that

9 hours ago, brovakhiin said:

Nice. I'm in a similar boat also practicing both Kriya (or qi Gong), and Shinzen's mindfulness. Do you think the Kriya is  reallydoing anything for you?

I think, my Kriya practice hasn't fully kicked in yet. But doing it very intensely 2 times/day as I did on the retreat definitely had an effect on me.

I see the true value of Kriya in working with the body and especially with the breath to create a deep surrender. I don't see this in any other technique really. And this is big, because surrender and breathing are directly related. The way you breath litterally is the way you let go. I think, it's hard to really let go with a exclusively cerebral technique like meditation.

Edited by TimStr

3 hours ago, Nexeternity said:

Yeah, totally! :) And this is also how you free love from any sort of neediness and clinging.

I think that some aspects of spirituality can only be learned through love and intimacy. :)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@TimStr Great report! Great work. Some powerful insights there.

P.S. I don't advise 5-MeO for people who have never done milder psychedelics. AL-LAD is great for newbies but still very powerful.

Great to have you back around, Leo. :D

I am really looking forward to your reports as well. ^_^

On 5/30/2018 at 6:11 PM, TimStr said:

There is one. :)

And there is also Leos Getting Started Page:

https://actualized.org/start

Great! We're nearly there. There are lots of very informative resources. 

Just need reorganising in alphabetical order, brief notes/links, labelled glossary and pinned.

On 1.6.2018 at 10:39 AM, brovakhiin said:

I have another theory I would like you to comment on. My theory is that psychedelic-induced awakenings are deeper and more mind-blowing than sober ones tend to be, but also have less of a lasting impact on self and life, because when sober you're "closer" to it, so to speak.

Yeah, I can relate to that. When a psychedelic starts to kick in, you're already in an altered state even before an awakening happens.

On 1.6.2018 at 10:39 AM, brovakhiin said:

Sometimes it's really hard to discern a change after a spiritual experience at all once normality has returned, except there seems to be less do-ership, or less belief in a do-er, and you notice that "you" are more energetic and expressive (freed up energy). I looooove Shinzen's formulation of turning into a Self-Wave as opposed to a Self-Particle. Flow is everywhere.

Yeah, I am back in the realm of forms for over a week now and the realm of forms hardly changed. But it was hugely insightful to see, how I recreate all my egoic patterns, my addictions, self-judging, denial and so on.