Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CroMagna

Non-Profit Jobs

3 posts in this topic

I'm interested in working as an admin at a non-profit.  My top three causes are 1. feminism 2. HIV/AIDS 3. the homeless.  I have years of volunteer experience in the non-profit sector and tons of admin work experience.   I believe non-profit work is "me" as I'm a free spirit and free spirits tend to work at non-profits (free spirits are usually "earthy.")

In 2012, I worked with a job coach for about two years to break into this field.  All she did was show up, randomly apply to jobs on online (which I could have easily done on my own), and leave.  It was a profound waste of my time.  If I hadn't figure something else out, I would still be unemployed, up to today.

Anyway, any tips on how to get a job in this field?

Non-profit doesn't necessarily mean it's a place where there is justice or real impact. You can have an impact helping even in a lucratif business, maybe you can start your own non-profit organization, or don't stick to one field, you can try but think also about looking for something different that you can also enjoy 

Thanks!  How about Case Manager?  That way I'm helping people with things like food stamps and welfare.