TheSomeBody

what is your daily practice

19 posts in this topic

im struggeling latly to construct a daily practice. i see so much information that i dont know what to do.

so i though about making this thread so people like me could find the practice that fits for them

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

just do what feels right for you...try a few practices and see which ones you resonate with

I dont like mindfulness with labelling or self enquiry but love the Do-Nothing technique (maybe because I was a workaholic and this technique is a means of dropping all effort and decision making)

okay so my daily routine is as follows:

1. Hatha yoga - 50mins

2. Do-Nothing Meditation - 60mins

3. Spiritual Reading - 20mins

@TheSomeBody  my daily practice (currently) is what I call SOAK.  Softness, Openness, Appreciation, and Kindness...that is what I practice throughout the day.  Being softer (speech and such), more open (vulnerable...no defenses or walls)...appreciating all that is...and being kind to myself and others.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

This might help: 

You are addicted to alcohol? Yhym... Try quitting coffee.

2 hours ago, eputkonen said:

@TheSomeBody  my daily practice (currently) is what I call SOAK.  Softness, Openness, Appreciation, and Kindness...that is what I practice throughout the day.  Being softer (speech and such), more open (vulnerable...no defenses or walls)...appreciating all that is...and being kind to myself and others.

But what for? Since you are already enlightened?

You don't need to know words like "enlightenment", "spirituality, meditation" etc. to increase your consciousness and ultimately know yourself. What you need to do is just to be yourself. That is very easy, it's the most relaxing thing. As trying to be yourself you will find your road and from then on you will just face the various obstacles that you need to learn from in order to reach your true self. I can give you "practices", but you will just look at them as a mechanical thing to do everyday. Start to know yourself, what you like to do, what you cherish most and as you do this, as you start increasing your relationship with your real self, you will immediately start to be confronted by your fears. And those are the things that needs to be transcended. How do you face your fears? The answer will be given by yourself. You will get nowhere if you don't start trusting and requesting advice from yourself.

10-20min of Vipassana meditation in the morning.

Focusing on my breath during the day. If I remember - focusing on my body and thoughts.

Walking Meditation

Walk meditatively as if the eternity is yours, just walk the way you go for a morning walk in a relaxed way about three times slower than your usual walk. Bring your attention to the feeling of your feet touching the ground. Walk consciously but relaxed, as if walking is everything. 

Listening Meditation

If you are listening with all kinds of prejudices, that is a wrong way of listening; it is really a way of not listening. You appear to be listening, but you are only hearing not listening. Right listening means you have put aside your mind. It does not mean that you become gullible, that you start believing whatsoever is said to you. It has nothing to do with belief or disbelief. Right listening means, "I am not concerned right now whether to believe or not to believe. There is no question of agreement or disagreement at this moment. I am simply trying to listen to whatsoever it is.

Osho said :

“I don't speak to teach something; I speak to create something. These are not lectures; these are simply a device for you to become silent, because if you are told to become silent without making any effort you will find great difficulty.”

" My words keep you awake, and just between the words I give you gaps. And those are the real, essential things. Waiting for another word, you have to listen to silence.

13 hours ago, Violina said:

Focusing on my breath during the day. If I remember - focusing on my body and thoughts.

I had the same idea about "remembering" about focusing on smth. It didn't work. 

Does it work for u? How often do you remember about that? 

I found more useful to make body scan during daily repetitive acts like brushing teeth or taking a walk. 

You are addicted to alcohol? Yhym... Try quitting coffee.

I have a to-do list and then I first move to the next thing on the list after I have completed the task above(one task at a time) usually there is something on the list that I do deliberate practice on like digital art, piano performing, getting out of my comfort zone, My deep work ability(intense concentration on cognitive demanding task)

I think it helps to have a productivity system to get things done and sometimes create a project and making productivity a habit.

Edited by BjarkeT

20 hours ago, Blissout said:

But what for? Since you are already enlightened?

Because it's fun and interesting...for the joy of it.  Just something to play with.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

Awaken and you will know what to do. 

6 hours ago, Quanty said:

Awaken and you will know what to do. 

but i get awakened from a technique or information

On 26.5.2018 at 9:58 PM, student said:

You don't need to know words like "enlightenment", "spirituality, meditation" etc. to increase your consciousness and ultimately know yourself. What you need to do is just to be yourself. That is very easy, it's the most relaxing thing. As trying to be yourself you will find your road and from then on you will just face the various obstacles that you need to learn from in order to reach your true self. I can give you "practices", but you will just look at them as a mechanical thing to do everyday. Start to know yourself, what you like to do, what you cherish most and as you do this, as you start increasing your relationship with your real self, you will immediately start to be confronted by your fears. And those are the things that needs to be transcended. How do you face your fears? The answer will be given by yourself. You will get nowhere if you don't start trusting and requesting advice from yourself.

the road is just come across of random stuff and then get enlighenment?

On 26.5.2018 at 6:44 PM, Sage_Elias said:

just do what feels right for you...try a few practices and see which ones you resonate with

I dont like mindfulness with labelling or self enquiry but love the Do-Nothing technique (maybe because I was a workaholic and this technique is a means of dropping all effort and decision making)

okay so my daily routine is as follows:

1. Hatha yoga - 50mins

2. Do-Nothing Meditation - 60mins

3. Spiritual Reading - 20mins

what kind of hatha yoga you do? can you give me your practice?

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

@Amilaer---

On 27/05/2018 at 0:29 PM, Amilaer--- said:

I had the same idea about "remembering" about focusing on smth. It didn't work. 

Does it work for u? How often do you remember about that? 

I found more useful to make body scan during daily repetitive acts like brushing teeth or taking a walk. 

Oh, yes, this is really difficult. I used to use the app on my phone ''Remindfulness'', now every morning I try to read my notebook about how much focus is important, about watching myself in every situations. And it's better and better.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:44 PM, Sage_Elias said:

1. Hatha yoga - 50mins

I am getting into Hatha yoga as well. Planning to take one of Sadhguru's courses that helps you learn Surya Kriya.

I'd like to start my home hatha practice before I start that course but no idea where to start, do you have some pointers on how you work at it at home?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Breath. Put all the focus of your entire life into your own Breath, let anything else in second place. 

Heart. Put all of your focus of your entire life on to your heart, let everything else be second place.

Your Breathe is not your spiritual core, you can only go so far with it. You can’t experience true absolute oneness unless you go intro the spiritual heart (not talking about the heart chakra).

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Quanty Try combining breath awareness with feeling your foot touching the ground at the same time as you walk. Try to even the weight on your whole foot as you make a step.

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:16 PM, TheSomeBody said:

the road is just come across of random stuff and then get enlighenment?

The road is your entire life. The question is if you're learning anything from the experiences it gives to you. You will not find intelligence in staying the same. Your life wants to change you by the everyday obstacles you meet. You can meditate, but like I said, it will most likely be a mechanical thing, and it will not be enough. Life is rich in obstacles and opportunities to learn from. Everything points to one thing, and that is the transcendence of self. Thinking everyday of "enlightenment" will just darken your vision about your true self and will make you most likely to look at it like a trophy or anything else, which will be ultimately false. 

You must know what the meaning of meditation is and why people do it, before you start doing it, because it will increase the quality of it. Mediation is silence and enjoying the silence, the loss of everything. Consciousness can be raised by multiple ways. Desire is the only thing you need and it will get you there. Don't do anything that you don't really understand or enjoy, because you will just lie to yourself and be insincere and just prolong the road. Sorry for responding so late.