Dali Llama

Am I the monkey mind?

19 posts in this topic

If the objective of meditation is to eliminate the monkey mind, why would I ever let myself meditate If I am the monkey mind?

1 minute ago, Dali Llama said:

If the objective of meditation is to eliminate the monkey mind, why would I ever let myself meditate If I am the monkey mind?

Suicide, quite common! 

You are the monkey mind, and you're not happy with it! Simple as that!

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Its called the monkey mind because right now its completely out of your control. Rambling on and on. Its just a tiny fraction of who you are yet you are completely identified with it. So in a way yes, everything you call "I" is referring to this monkey mind.

In meditation we start to question this assumption of "I", simply by witnessing what's actually here. What's aware of this monkey mind? Where do some of these thoughts come from? And why should I believe every single one of them? In time this notion of who or what you are starts to shift somewhere else. 

So the monkey mind isn't the one that's meditating. Through meditation the monkey mind is seen to be false, and seen to have been false all along. You don't even have to eliminate it. It can just be what it is, without identifying yourself with it. What a relief.

You are the perceiver of the monkey mind, if you were the monkey mind you would disappear every time you focused on something else.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

The reason why it has such a hold on you is because you identify yourself with it, you give it interest. What is aware of the monkey mind, what observes it. Be the observer, don't identify yourself with what is being observed. Let thoughts come and go, be detached from them if you want freedom from it. 

@Highest It seems impossible to do anything without thinking about it even if I were to let my thoughts come and go I'm still thinking about doing that which sustains the monkey mind

2 hours ago, Dali Llama said:

the alliance is alive

the monkey mind may be all over the place, but ultimately it wants to do good

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

1 minute ago, Dali Llama said:

@Arkandeus :o So its not destroyed but pacified?

thats a good question.

it is my belief that the mind aligned with our souls exerts its divine purpose, divine thoughts,imaginations, abilities

and that it is active when needed, taking its harmonious place as a part of our being

in the past I rushed towards enlightenment, wanting to shut off the mind

then it occured to me that I never used my mind consciously, I woke up with consciousness and spiritual identity and I doomed the mind

now I want to explore the mind with this new consciousness and spiritual identity

I will share that me dooming my mind was not a mistake, I needed to have some distance from it,like an adolescent rebelling against his parents who told him what to do all this time, while the parents didnt know any better but they just tried to help as best as they could

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

4 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

it is my belief that the mind aligned with our souls exerts its divine purpose, divine thoughts,imaginations, abilities

I can relate to that, I feel like maybe thats how we are as kids before our perception gets conceptualized.

How did you maintain your consciousness when you woke up with it?

Everything is here to help you, even your monkey mind. It’s strange, and very questionable thoughts are making you more accepting by the minute.

You only have thoughts to show you what you haven’t loved within yourself. When you become enlightened I believe you can still have thoughts (divine by nature) but you mainly live intuitively from the heart in a place beyond thought or emotions. Stillness, calmness and feeling :) Still exploring that!

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

The objective of meditation is to find yourself. When you are in the middle of your normal day, in the middle of your own thought's chaos, you just "meditate", you stay silent. You just do what you actually want to do, and that is not having any opinion about yourself, any "traits", any "weaknesses". You just put those "important" ideas and perspectives aside and be something else. Something that is not that. Just "something else" and that is enough. From there... discover for yourself how things really are. The "objective" is building a relationship with yourself. And that feels whole and just how you want it to be.

11 hours ago, Dali Llama said:

Great question...

Any positve movement to end the “monkey mind” is a movement of monkey mind. 

We are the “monkey mind” until that monkey mind is not. 

Dont escape the fact “monkey mind” to an idea the “observer of monkey mind.” This is classic illusion taking place. Many are not aware of this and go there whole lives in self deception. Be careful buddy. You seem to see the contradiction there as you presented that question up above.. :)

Until duality ends you are still moving in accordance to the dualistic mind. Don’t evade the fact. Stay with it. Face it. Learn about it. In that understanding is action, FREEDOM ??

Edited by Faceless

12 hours ago, Dali Llama said:

That depends.. Are you the monkey mind? Or are you the one aware of the monkey mind? 

Only the monkey mind is saying "I am the monkey mind", you are quietly witnessing, you're the canvas upon which monkey mind draws a painting.

Now if you want a picasso painting, perhaps you need to transform your monkey mind into a butterfly mind.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

12 hours ago, Dali Llama said:

Some things have to be clear to you - you are not your thoughts, you can never be the monkey mind. This is classic identification with thinking!!  I prescribe you the Eckhart Tolle pill.

If you can be aware of it, it's not you. Neti neti. That simple.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I haven’t come to experience oneness/bliss 24/7, only in brief glimpses every few weeks :) I share from these experiences. It’s all about vibrating higher and higher through anchoring love as much as possible.

I wish you the best. I’m feel so blessed that the Dali Lama is on this forum to ask me that :P

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

3 hours ago, Dodo said:

Some things have to be clear to you - you are not your thoughts, you can never be the monkey mind. This is classic identification with thinking!!  I prescribe you the Eckhart Tolle pill.

If you can be aware of it, it's not you. Neti neti. That simple.

No. It’s not that simple. It goes much deeper than that. 

3 hours ago, Dodo said:

Only the monkey mind is saying "I am the monkey mind", you are quietly witnessing, you're the canvas upon which monkey mind draws a painting.

Are you sure? 

Even the monkey mind will say I am not the monkey mind. If one is still moving in accordance to duality any positve action as far as being the quiet witnesser implies belief “an attempt to evade fear” therefore an “illusion”

This is a deception that is quite common when people don’t explore for themselves. It’s about understanding/emptying/ending  the movement of duality, not subtly perpetuating it. 

This can be very difficult.

As it is dangerous to identify with thought. It is also dangerous to identify with the the silent observer that watches.

As thought in its very nature will convince itself it is not in movement. 

We should let them get to certain realizations on there own. Don’t you think? 

Edited by Faceless