Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Why?

Ending Kriya Yoga Practice?

13 posts in this topic

Hello there,

Basically my asian and Christian Mum ripped my "Kriya Secrets Revealed" book in an intense and violent rage in front of me because she thinks anything Indian-related is poor, disgusting and evil. This is also combined with the fact that, recently, I had burnout from overworking myself at school and have self-inflicted quite some stress on myself from worrying about "future" circumstances, whether that be exams, career, and other miscellaneous fears. I told her this was only temporary and an inevitable part of the growth process, but she is set on condemning anything that brings about emotional resistance as "evil". 

So since I can't practice Kriya for a while (I don't believe I can persuade my parents anymore and they check on me at random times in my room to see what I'm doing), what should I do?

My options (and you can offer me some as well):

-Letting go of Kriya yoga and going back to 30mins of mindfulness meditation (the only practice she's accepting of because it's inside her Western paradigm) and holotropic breathwork (done in secret).

-Downloading an online pdf of the book and waking up early in the morning to read and do the practices.

-Accumulating all this theory for the next few years and finally having enough money to afford an apartment to do all of the formal spiritual practices there, but I intuit that Kriya yoga would yield good results, because it's more complex, sophisticated and involved than your average meditation practice. 

27 minutes ago, Why? said:

Basically my asian and Christian Mum ripped my "Kriya Secrets Revealed" book in an intense and violent rage in front of me

Parents are cruel to their children because parents have some investment in them. Parents have some ambitions they would like to fulfill through their children -- that's why they are cruel. Parents are cruel because they have ideas: they want their children to be this and that. They would like their children to be rich, famous, respected; they would like their children to fulfill their unfulfilled egos. Their children are going to be their journeys.

30 minutes ago, Why? said:

she thinks anything Indian-related is poor, disgusting and evil.

May be she is thinking like this from her experience.

Indian Gurus are sometimes very notorious.

Rape Accusations Against Bikram Choudhury Examined in Dark ESPN ’30 for 30’ Podcast

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Rape-Accusations-Against-Bikram-Chowdhury-12944371.php

Yo...if this practice means a lot to you then be relentless and continue to do your practice

this is your life...eventually she will ease up the pressure and perhaps even accept your practice in time

Wow.. I feel for you..

I wish it will work out for you in a best possible way.

There's something that you could try. You can still do kriya yoga from sadhguru. It's called Isha kriya. Also there's sadhguru presence time sadhana - very powerful way to receive his grace. I do it everyday.

Having grace on your side alone can change your life in a way you didn't think possible.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Salvijus

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

There's something that you could try. You can still do kriya yoga from sadhguru. It's called Isha kriya. Also there's sadhguru presence time sadhana - very powerful way to receive his grace. I do it everyday.

Having grace on your side alone can change your life in a way you didn't think possible.

I would love to learn more about it :)

@Why? Kriya Yoga isn't for everyone, you have to identify with your spiritual practice. I, for example, can't practice it because when i do, i became extremely agitated, anxious, angry, unfocused, i feel old injuries hurting like HELL. I don't know exactly why (i suspect, from books i read, that i am passing through a kundalini awakening and its amplifying unbalanced chakras), but it makes me unfunctional in the day-to-day world, so, i need something else, i'm going to try something loving/devotional as i don't identify either with more popular methods of meditation(like mindfulness/vipassana). Maybe the universe is telling you something. 

Edited by Recursoinominado

i have had the same  experience. @Why? A few years back i was doing a devotional ritual and set up an altar in my bedroom. The moment my father saw, he knocked down everything form my table in big rage and told me to throw everything away. The best thing is to do it in secret. Can you practice it in the bathroom, locked door? Thats what i used to do back when i did more "odd" practices, during toilet time or bathroom time, i would actually practice the ritual instead of showering, which is what my parents thought i was doing

15 hours ago, Why? said:

Downloading an online pdf of the book and waking up early in the morning to read and do the practices.

Lying while pursuing Truth? Just like fucking for virginity.

Maybe a thing you should focus on is having a very honest conversation with your mother where each side gets to express what they feel and gets to be listened to?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

3 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

@Salvijus

I would love to learn more about it :)

@Why? Kriya Yoga isn't for everyone, you have to identify with your spiritual practice. I, for example, can't practice it because when i do, i became extremely agitated, anxious, angry, unfocused, i feel old injuries hurting like HELL. I don't know exactly why (i suspect, from books i read, that i am passing through a kundalini awakening and its amplifying unbalanced chakras), but it makes me unfunctional in the day-to-day world, so, i need something else, i'm going to try something loving/devotional as i don't identify either with more popular methods of meditation(like mindfulness/vipassana). Maybe the universe is telling you something. 

Well sorry, when it comes to kriya and grace I have zero clue how it works. Nothing more I can tell you :D But I can vouch for from my own experience (I do it for 6months now) and from people I met (various Isha Hatha Yoga teachers and various Isha meditators who do Isha practices for a couple of years) that all the kriyas and yogas that sadhguru is offering are legit life transformers. 

Just try Isha kriya meditation witch is on youtube for free and see how it feels. And try sadhguru's presence time sadhana. I'm sure you're going to notice a difference in quality of life.

Edited by Salvijus

Thank you everyone for the replies.

I believe it's impossible to compromise with my parents, since their so adamant about obtaining decent grades, making money, becoming rich and successful rather than pursuing what I desire.

For now, I'll implement mindfulness meditation, but I can't do anything that involves the voice. The house that I live in is quite throughout the day and an "Aaa" sound from wherever I am in the house will most likely get me into trouble.

Edited by Why?
Realising that sadhguru's presence time sadhana requires chanting

For the chant "Brahmananda Swaroopa", at which volume should I chant it at? Is whispering ok, or even in my mind?

2 hours ago, Why? said:

For the chant "Brahmananda Swaroopa", at which volume should I chant it at? Is whispering ok, or even in my mind?

If chanting loudly is not possible, which is very important because it gives the foundation, skip it. 

Close your mouth and repeat and chant mentally. The throat, the tongue, the lips, everything should be closed, the whole body locked, and this chanting should only be in the mind, but as loudly as possible: with the same loudness as if you were using with the body. Now allow the mind too to be saturated with chant.

You can chant in a very low volume. It works. I'm doing the chant quietly even though I can do it at any volume and it works perfectly everytime. 

Doing Aaa is also really not about the volume. Just to feel the vibrations in your belly. I'm able to do it with very minimal sound coming out of my mouth. @Why?

Edited by Salvijus

On 26/05/2018 at 6:38 PM, Salvijus said:

Well sorry, when it comes to kriya and grace I have zero clue how it works. Nothing more I can tell you :D But I can vouch for from my own experience (I do it for 6months now) and from people I met (various Isha Hatha Yoga teachers and various Isha meditators who do Isha practices for a couple of years) that all the kriyas and yogas that sadhguru is offering are legit life transformers. 

Just try Isha kriya meditation witch is on youtube for free and see how it feels. And try sadhguru's presence time sadhana. I'm sure you're going to notice a difference in quality of life.

Thank you, i am going to try!