Ibn Sina

WHO THE HELL AM I? 

10 posts in this topic

Who am I? Am I the body? I cannot be the body because it has changed so much since the time I was born. I didn't choose this body. I could have been in anyones body, literally anyone's body but here I have got this  body which looks like a mixture of my parents body. In other words, I am inside the body of a guy named Jack or Mack or Fidel or Lionel I don't know but me having this body and any other person possessing it is literally the same thing and me possessing any other person's body, is literally the same thing. So the substance of me is cannot be the substance of my body. Let's  say that I never ever  looked at my body till the day I died. Even in that case, I will have the sense of me, though not a sense of what my body looks like, just like  blind people have a sense of them, but they don't know what their body looks like, may be they have never even seen what a human being looks like but even in them there  is a 'me' in them,

Am I the mind? My mind is sometimes thinking about x and sometimes about y. At every point of time in my life, my mental screen has contained that many mental states  or contents. My mind is changing all the time (Why am I even saying 'My' mind when I am speculating whether I am my mind or not? . If I say something like 'My' dog, am I the dog? Of course not. And if I am saying 'my mind' , am I the mind? Of course not) . Sometimes it is focused on x sometimes y sometimes about enlightenment, sometimes about other people, or what I have to do, or  what I should be doing, or youtube videos etc So these mental states are changing, so I cannot be that. I am that which is constant in midst of all these mental changes. SO WHO THE HELL AM I?  We have such a vague understanding of who we are. And it is precisely this vagueness that takes the form of ego and controls our lives. 

Our mind is continuously filled up by contents of this dream called  reality. It is just distracting us over and  over and over. We are getting carried away by these contents. Works, news, gossips, these are all contents  of this dream. Most of us will forever be carried by these contents. But we need to look at the pixels, not the content. We are  moving, jumping, crying, laughing , eating  and  shitting, everything is changing so much, but what is  that which is constant? AH! There is something which is constant, not matter how much we make or break things. No matter how much we jump or dance, there is something that is so damn constant! And this constant thing is extending not just in the body, but across the entire breadth of existence! Sadly, this awareness is not powerful enough, the signal is not powerful enough. Sooner or later, we will get carried away by the contents of reality.  Until we become enlightened that is , or may be JUST MAY BE, we get into the habit of sensing this constant thing beneath the ever changing circus of reality. So does that mean enlightenment is a habit? I don't know.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

You wrote this like you are a madman :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I am taking a serious look on Leo's enlightenment videos. He is making me mad. I wonder how he gets these great ideas.  ( contents and  pixels, asking - what  is constant beneath these constant changes in reality , flattening out the picture etc.)  His video- advanced tips for self inquiry, was quite intense for me. Hence my ramblings.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

1 hour ago, Ibn Sina said:

If I say something like 'My' dog, am I the dog? Of course not. And if I am saying 'my mind' , am I the mind? Of course not) .

I love this 

You're not human, you're the universe

We have such a vague understanding of who we are. And it is precisely this vagueness that takes the form of ego and controls our lives. 

Beautifully executed!

So does that mean enlightenment is a habit? 

No. Maybe it's like reverse wiring of a habit. You are basically unhooking yourself from the pathological habit of grasping and clinging to impermanent appearances(which has no substance/reality other than name and form).

When you expose and familiarize yourself with the Truth over and over again, that unexamined sick habit dissolves and what remains is the absolute, pure essence of you. An unaltered, undistorted, natural being.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

WHO THE HELL AM I? 

Self reflection will clear that right up. 

Understand that fear will interfere with the investigation. Fear will cause self deception. Explore fear and work your way into the i. Fear is always in association to something else within the conditioned conciousness. 

Edited by Faceless

The identity is within the experience. See beyond thoughts for deeper knowledge, turn inward, not "out there"

Don't identify with the external world, the body/mind as a whole is a direct experience, a direct hologram of the whole existence. 

So, to feel the entire universe, one must identify with his own being. The being you are experiencing as a human, already is the entire nothingness in a mobile version. 

@Ibn Sina you can sum up all of your identification with thoughts, senses, body, with the "I" thoughts. 

The best method of self inquiry I tried is Ramana Maharchi: you basically try to find the "I" thought. You find its source. You keep on and on till it vanishes, and the Self perveils.