Faceless

Self deception

50 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Saumaya said:

I think most of the reason why people do not turn inward is because most of the society(parents, teachers, friends etc) pushes you towards societal success. There is very rare talk of turning inward. Even when people try to explore themselves, they get stuck at rudimentary self help. A developed society is infinite palace of distraction from exploring the true nature of oneself. Self deception is bound to happen, after all everyone is pursuing societal success, why shouldn't I. Some try to neurotically pursue it or some try to have 'fun' while escaping it. The reinforcement from society about how good you are doing in the world or how bad you are doing is the biggest proponent of self deception.

Nobody tells you to find your true nature first and then you can do whatever you want. People live a life of quiet desperation and die, never fully exploring themselves.

Nice.

Society is truly only interested in its self-perpetuation, not interested in the individual that belongs to the society.  Goes back to Leo’s video about collective egos and how institutions, systems, societies have them. 

Society wants you to work, be cooperative and charitable with other members, consume, and obey the laws. And reproduce to maintain its continuity. Going inward serves no purpose for society. 

The law-abiding, productive, consumeristic individual who meshes with others is the perfect citizen, regardless of the personal suffering they may endure.

Edited by robdl

What is the root driving force of self deception. 

Could we say it is desire? 

There’s something to be said for noticing how we typically, unknowingly, are reconciling the present with “what we know to be true” from our experiences of the past, and “what we want to be true” (what we desire, and have been desiring for a while) for our future. There is a mental continuity keeping track of past-present-future experience.

There is a fear there, that in my case was so unbelievably subtle, yet so deep, so foundational, I had no awareness of it. I was blowing right past it ALL THE TIME consistently without any realization at all. There was an imaginary “I” formed and sustained by this. You might say I was running, building, pushing - my entire life - and I truly felt no fear...but, that was why I felt no fear. When I realized this, I realized I had a fear of not being unique, not being the best version of myself, not being the best dad I can be, husband, employer, friend, person, etc. Everything. I wasn’t competing with others, I was competing with some made up “best version” of myself, in my own head, which I “set up” in the past, and felt should play out in the future. It was running my life so completely, and I was perfectly happy, that I didn’t see it, at all. 

That made up constructed “I” - I referred to that as awareness. I honestly did. 

I surrendered all experiences of my past. I’ll share from my past if I think it will help someone, but I’m done trying to keep any or all of my past in my present, as if I have some “right view” or any understanding at all really. I’m done filtering the present through the lens of what “I” desire for my future. 

I surrendered my past and future, and the “I” was gone. The present remains. Awareness. Not my awareness, like there’s his awareness and her awareness, but - the awareness. The awareness that is infinite, which can never be reconciled or resolved with the finite. There was no “I” there to resolve! There’s no entity there to be wrong or right, or to judge or be judged. Just awareness, the same “thing” that everyone else and everything else is. 

If I think anything in the present is any certain way, or I “know” anything about it from what I’ve learned in the past - Then I am in psychological time.

If I think anything in the present is any certain way, or I “see it” in a way which favors or gravitates towards the future that “I” desire - Then I am in psychological time. 

No longer. 

The infinite will not fit in any finite’s head, but man do I respect a person who goes all 15 rounds before they finally surrender. 

Each one surrenders ultimately. The variable is when. 

And when you finally do surrender, it’s to God. And it IS freedom. It IS timeless. It IS Selfless. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm That is a beautiful perspective you have. It is scary letting go of that "I" that constantly compares the present to past experiences or an imaginary "better" future self. It means you live with no reference points, driven forward by your heart/excitement over a bottomless cliff of nothingness.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Solace Never been so ordinary, or in such  peace. I’m not really conveying a perspective, at least that’s not the intention. The intention is to help anyone to be free. You know what I mean. ❤️

24 minutes ago, Solace said:

That is a beautiful perspective you have.

It is actually the absence of a perspective. 

The understanding of the movement of psychological time to see the entirety of the duality. 

In this total comprehension of duality one becomes free of it. One can then see this movement as it arises and rip it ot at its root. As this awareness deepens one will prevent all together the burden of experience acting as a veil to any new, dynamic, alive  experiencing. In this the center will cease to manifest in that new experiencing and there will be a total sense of centerlessness. This is the essense of what was known as communion with the TAO, THE IMMEASURABLE, TO BE ONE WITH THE UNNAMEABLE. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Many thanks to us. ?????????????????????

9 minutes ago, Faceless said:

It is actually the absence of a perspective. 

The understanding of the movement of psychological time to see the entirety of the duality. 

In this total comprehension of duality one becomes free of it. One can then see this movement as it arises and rip it ot at its root. As this awareness deepens one will prevent all together the burden of experience acting as a veil to any new, dynamic, alive  experiencing. In this the center will cease to manifest in that new experiencing and there will be a total sense of centerlessness. This is the essense of what was known as communion with the TAO, THE IMMEASURABLE, TO BE ONE WITH THE UNNAMEABLE. 

Yes! The peace that was there all along, through the highs and lows, it was always there. Always will be. 

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless Many thanks to us. ?????????????????????

Yes! The peace that was there all along, through the highs and lows, it was always there. Always will be. 

Thanks to us??

15 hours ago, zoey101 said:

I personally think not knowing is so much more fun. When I finally came out and realized that I knew NOTHING about the world other than my small encounters with it, I became a little more relaxed about things in my life. It's still tough, but it's all part of the big adventure :)

@Faceless I think routine is maybe one that comes to my mind. As you get older and have kids, a job, and whatever else piles on to your plate, you can easily get stuck in a routine and, sometimes, it feels almost impossible to deviate from it. 

That's true... Routine it's a big one  !  We fall for this deception as soon as we get older  !