TeamBills

What Actualized.org Video Has Helped You The Most?

45 posts in this topic

The one that turned it around for me and made me realise I was a hypochrite. And very relevant to our Western orange societies today:

All stories and explanations are false.

8 hours ago, TeamBills said:

@fluidmonolith It doesn't sound familiar to me. If you're interested in finding the video I recommend using Youtube's subtitles feature. It puts the video into text. Leo has a meditation playlist so you could go through those videos until you find the words you quoted. I will warn that programs that get text from videos are usually not great quality. This is even true for YouTube's system.

Thank you for the advice. It was this video:

Leo was specifically referring to mindfulness meditation in this video but the advice given is useful for other meditation practices as well. See 39:45 - 46:00 (approximately). Again, to summarize (paraphrase): "do it every day, without excuses or holidays or vacations or bad days or busy days". This section of this video has been of the greatest use to me.

I can't mention only one video... Here's my Top 12 (roughly in order):

1- Removing Should Statements

First time I saw this video I felt a big weight off my shoulders, and I had a taste of how (infinitely) free reality is. 

2- The Theme of Going Full-Circle

The many examples he gave in this video shows that counterintutiveness is a real thing. Btw, I think there should be a megathread on examples of going full circle. 

3- 40 Signs You Are Neurotic 

Neurosis is my number 1 enemy, so very important video. 

4- Masculinity Vs Femininity

I can't understand why this isn't taught in schools. So useful... 

5- 10 Important Things You Don't Know That You Want 

Reconnecting with being. I think to truly grasp how awesome this episode is, you should try psychedelics.

6- How To Deal With Strong Negative Emotions 

Love the superconductor concept

7-Awareness Alone is Curative

Thoughts cannot deeply change other thoughts, only awareness can

8- How To Stop Caring What Others Think of You 

I can relate to Leo's personal story related to people-pleasing

9- Curing Perfectionism 

Differentiating "maximizer vs satisfier" has helped me a lot drop my perfectionism. (Even though right now I am being a pretty maximizer making this list lol) 

10- The Role of Balance is Personal Development 

Balance is a fluid thing. Just like riding a bike... 

11- Spiral Dynamics Series 

Yes, it's just a model, but it is actually very useful for understanding people, nations, myself, etc

12- Multiperspective 

I don't remember what this video was actually called, but it was posted on the blog. It was about the benefits/downsides of studying lots of perspectives. 

Wow... Making this list made me realized that I learned a lot cool things from Leo... :)

How To Stop Being A Victim part 2. Grasping the main insight in this video has transformed my self image and I am still enjoying the benefits from this video and helping me get a lot more benefits from all the other videos I have watched from actualized.org and other personal development videos and books.

How you lie, Awareness alone is curative, How your mind distorts reality, Grasping the illusory nature of thought.. and many more. But I think these were the ones that really kicked me in the right direction when I needed it the most. And ironically the early videos about spiritual enlightenment and the guided Neti Neti self-inquiry made me rethink my decision to kill myself (physically).

This had made me cry when i didn't cry most of my life and grew me the most and made me love myself more and put things in perspective. This accelerated my purchase of life purpose course and booklist and made take actions immediately. I joined audible and bought many of leos on list books. I just think 24/7 of life and death and life purpose course. This course made me progressively careless and less about what other people think of me in real life, and I am still progressing in this matter. its just awesome and this most important of all leos videos.

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

@universe Hell yeah man, that Needy vs non Non Needy perception video changed my shit up big time. I was literally going around labelling everything and now I'm in a state of acceptance and I'm just seeing everything for how it is, not how I want it to be. It has shifted my consciousness. I supplemented it with some Adyashanti videos on letting go and also with a solid practice of 'do nothing' meditation (which helps release control) and I'm loving life right now. 

These are my best 

1. 65 core life principles

2. How you lie. All your dirty Sneaky lies and Manipulations Exposed. 

3. The counter intuitive nature of life

4. The staggering depth of awerness. 

These are the worst. some parts of it. 

1. What is God? 

The worst ?

Nonono, you just resist your filthy little lies ?

The irony is that you put the video on lies on the best ???

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Belay kelemework Your thread was merged with an existing thread discussing Leo’s videos in general.

You’ve already started another thread on the god video

2 hours ago, Belay kelemework said:

These are the worst. some parts of it. 

1. What is God? 

It's a very advanced video. It won't make any sense for stage blue or orange.

@TeamBills

I watch Leo's videos because I enjoy them. He seems very authentic to me, and that's why I like him.

All of his videos are of huge value for me, sometimes I would watch some old videos and still find value there.

One of the best videos in my opinion is: Sameness vs. Difference.

I watched it twice, and I still think there's something there for me to understand.

I'm amazed at how much depth there is in them, every time I re-watch any given video, I appreciate how much work I still have to do!

Leo is really an artist! ?

Stage blue/orange won't admit there are stages, unfortunately.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

How to Deal With Strong Negative Emotions

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

????

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Leo's Self-Deception series parts 1-3, and of course the Spiral Dynamics series. Just those alone have radically transformed my outlook on life over a few months. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

If I'd have to pick only one... :x

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

10 Ox pictures is one of my favs.

5 hours ago, Shin said:

Stage blue/orange won't admit there are stages, unfortunately.

Interesting observation. I would agree. People seem to get much more open-minded at high Green and then it skyrockets at Yellow.

This one actually helps you see your avatar from a cosmic perspective.