Patang

my wakeup call

16 posts in this topic

once, some years ago, a little after i began my inner journey, i've been asking myself, is that quest for spiritual growth really applicable, or i'm delusioning myself, i'm chasing a mirage, an illusion. some answers i've got were that there is nothing out there, this is the reality, so deal with it, you asshole (that was me, yes!). now, after i've touched the core of my human image i've got a wakeup call. now i know that there is nothing out there, all of this, as far as i can feel, taste, smell, hear or see, is nothing, an illusion, and simply does not exist (even if i lift my dark glasses, i can still see nothing). further more, i myself does not exist, nor my consciousness and any sense of self. i am an awareness experiencing itself.

after all, it is an endless nothing ;)

In Freedom without the burden of THINGS experience is not. 

This exists. Your thoughts exist...in your mind only.

4 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Okay, so one guy say "this exists", and one guy say "nothing exists".

What do those two comments have in common?

Awareness in both comments.

Exists exists.

Common?? Reality exists at the same time it's nothing :D boom!!

23 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Okay, so one guy say "this exists", and one guy say "nothing exists".

What do those two comments have in common?

They are both right, from an absolute perspective nothing exists and from a relative perspective this exists.

51 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I could go on and on..

That's cool most of the mystics and guru's play paradox anyway.

And many talk about the nothingness, emptiness and silence.

You just cherry picking because you want to prove a point.

Here are some of the gurus you mentioned talking about emptiness, I will update the list

Osho - http://www.osho.com/iosho/library/read-book/online-library-nothingness-eckhart-empty-38103edb-6d6?p=5f7618faff0ef1ed80aa13530a49577f

Alan Watts -

Echart Tolle:

Sadhguru:

"Everything comes from nothingness and goes back to nothingness. Nothingness is the basis of existence. #SadhguruQuotes"

https://twitter.com/sadhgurujv/status/944032314698412032?lang=en

Adyashanti:

Mooji:

"You stay as the awareness itself, but don't say YES I am awareness! No you're not, the minute you that which says "i am awareness" is not awareness, awareness does not say it is awareness"

Dude I'm getting bored of linking stuff "I can go on and on"....

Edited by blazed

@Mikael89

Because Nothingness and Existence is the same thing, this is NOTHINGNESS.

You're in IT right now.

How do you know any of this exist without your own bias confirmation and illusions of the mind?

You're so damn stuck in ego you just dont want to get it, you just want to prove your point.

What the **** is awareness if its not nothingness, define it to me.

Right I am done, ran out of patience I can't tell if trolling at this point or not either way waste of time and energy.

You've even bent the videos to confirm your own beliefs, go to any of these gurus and say "I am awareness" watch them rip a new butt hole into you and make you come out being more confused than ever.

And yes you are aware of nothingness, which is everything else that you are not aware of, because guess what, it's nothingness!

You basically say I am consciousness the LIGHT that shines upon the darkness to reveal the room, yet completely and utterly ignoring the dark room in the first place. What is more fundamental the light or the dark room? The yin or the yang?

Edited by blazed

45 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Second: he say that nothingness is not a blank space. Which would mean that nothingness is not nothing.

Actually he says:

"nothingness is really like the nothingness of space which contains the whole universe, all the sun and stars, and the mountians and rivers and the good men the bad men and the animals in the insect the whole bit, all contained in the void. out of this voids comes everything and you're it."

So i don't know if you're just outright lying and trolling or just so delusional you hear completely different words to feed your beliefs???

45 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Third: he say that consciousness is not a thing, which I totally agree with.

Dude make up your mind, You saying consciousness is "not a thing" is the same thing as "nothing"

Edited by blazed

16 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

"There is only awareness. I appear inside awareness."

"Nothing exists outside of consciousness."

- Mooji

If you read the quotes which I gave, most of the gurus use the language "You are awareness."

But of course they are not saying that the ego is awareness, I know my ego isn't awareness. It's the true self which is awareness.

Since you are aware of nothingness then nothingness exists inside awareness.

That dark room stuff is just concepts by the mind. You assume there is a "dark room". You will never see/be aware of that dark room.

Why do you want to call existance, awareness and all this nothing? 

"Nothing exists outside of consciousness."

I love it, the irony, yes everything that is outside your awareness is nothing :)

Ok another example:

If you say bye to your girlfriend/wife on her way to work and you go to work, is she:

A) in some imaginary place in your mind (e.g. an assumption oh "she's obviously at the office".

or B) lost in nothingness until you observe her again through preception and awareness.

If we take away your eyes her visual beauty is lost forever in the nothingness.

Edited by blazed

8 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Yes but that's not what he meant. You can play with the words all you want.

Before you said that this is nothing. But now you changed it to that only everything outside of awareness is nothing?

Even that nothing is inside awareness, obviously because we are talking about it. So it's not nothing, it's awareness.

At 3:13
"If you think of this nothingness as mere blankness and you hold on to the idea of blankness and kind of (grizzly? can't hear) about it you haven't understood it. Nothingness is really like the nothingness of space which contains the whole universe..."

I heard the "blank space" word wrong, he actually said blankness, but it pretty much means the same thing anyway.

Dude he's talking about a dark room, like that you put someone in a solitary confinment, thats not what nothingness is, its not boredom or darkness or torture.

Actually i keep telling you nothingness and existence is the same thing. Everything you see right now is nothingess, awareness is nothingness. It's not a thing. You can change awareness into another word such as "being" or "existence" etc.

You're assuming you know what "real" means. How do you know this isn't what nothingness looks like?

If we deduct all your sense perceptions what are you left with? There that is your true self.

Once you lose, sight, sound, touch, taste, smell, and mind you will find your true self, the nothingness.

Edited by blazed

13 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I'm not sure about that.

Well you already know you can lose each individual sense and still live on.

the only one that is difficult is the mind/brain. But you see mind has gaps, there is times where you're not thinkin about anything just zoned out, or you could have alzheimers disease in final stages and still be alive, or you could hit your head and have a full identity loss. Or you can get scientists to electricute parts of your brains and have involuntary movement/spasm/reactions, they can remove parts of your brain and change your entire personality function.

In zen they say this:

"Sweep away thoughts!" means one must do zazen. Once thoughts are quieted, the Original Face appears. Thoughts can be compared to clouds. When clouds vanish, the moon appears. The moon of suchness is the Original Face. Thoughts are also like the fogging of a mirror. When you wipe away all condensation, a mirror reflects clearly. Quiet your thoughts and behold your Original Face before you were born!"

You are that before the body was born, you will be that when you die. Once you die it's like you never existed in the first place, again nothingness.

Because if I asked you what were you before you were this body what do you remember? you will not know, its just nothingness.

Edited by blazed

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

Do you believe in eternal death (eternity of absolute nothing)?

its a paradox.

The mind can't really talk about infinity whilst being so finite.

Eternal death would be assuming a dark room for eternity, nothingness is not that.

19 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

How could we even talk about nothing? It's not possible to talk about nothing.

If we are able to talk about nothing: then it's something.

they mean "nothing" = "not a thing" = "not even some thing" = "being"