John Iverson

How to have views and subscribers on youtube??

38 posts in this topic

So I am now producing videos on YouTube, my content is about my journey how I change in my views, my behaviors and self at this very moment forward.. I am asking for your suggestions and advice

Make content people like and advertise it.

6 minutes ago, Ether said:

Make content people like and advertise it.

Do you know anything about advertising? Teach me

Read "The Purple Cow", it'll help you create a channel that stands out from the crowd. To succeed on YouTube you need something unique and very useful in other peoples lives :) Something you would love (or die) to watch as well.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

make something rarer(few who have that skill, or few who are that good at that skill) and valuable (so valuable that people are willing to pay for it)

Edited by BjarkeT

Okay here is my 0.50$

Don't use the "post and pray" approach to video production on YouTube. Seek to fulfill the viewers demand instead.

Look for a niche that is still open and searched for or find a niche that you think has a video that lacks quality and you can do it better. Do extensive research on what videos exist in the niche by searching it on YouTube in incognito mode then look if you think you can make a better quality video or a more informative one. (a good example is my video on Jed McKenna on my channel (link under my posts) in that niche nobody had a animation like mine and discussed the topic that I discussed about him. It is my only video that brings some subs now and then)

Keywords: (This is the main word or sentence you build your video around, this will be typed into the search bar by a user to find your video)

• Create a big list of potential keywords.
  • Choose a keyword that has low competition. (You can see this at the "About 505,00 results") under the search bar.
  • Also search in Google too see if the keyword has potential there, on some topics they put videos on the first page. This has the potential to be a very big traffic source.
  • Check that the keyword gets at least 100-1K searches per month.

For search engine optimization (SEO) use this checklist:

Tags:

• Use your exact target keyword first
  • Then a few variations
  • Use longtail tags, also do them first
  • Maybe one or two broad term tags in the end.
  • 500 characters max.

Title:

• Should contain your target keyword
  • Put your keyword as close to the beginning of the title
  • 70 characters is best

Description:

• Include your keyword in the first 25 words.
  • Make a description of at least 250 words about the content.
  • Include your keyword 2-4 times.
  • First 150 characters are visible, 5000 characters max.

Make a killer Thumbnail put a lot of time into this!

I tried advertising, Here is my take on that. Most people think it's just that they don't get discovered. But it is most likely that your content is just not that engaging. So when I advertised my video (the one on mastery) I got some more views but not much engagement. Advertising does not bring a high quality audience that will subscribe more just views. AND these advertisement views will not help you in the search engine because paid views are dismissed over there.

The first 100 are the hardest, keep at it. I just reached 50 lol. Join forums like this and post your videos if they can help someone. Use social media to spread the video and so on. This is essential to get the first 100 subs. From there you have a low but steady audience and your video's have more change of getting noticed.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:32 PM, daniel695 said:

whats  your channel ill check it out!?

I already sent the video :D

@dude Dont try to satisfy anybody...but yourself. If you crack in other expectations, you will always be others slave, dont you want to be that?

Do it FOR YOU. You can post videos, listen to feedback and have fans, you can learn from others but YOU are the ruler of your life. Act like it.

38 minutes ago, Ether said:

@dude Dont try to satisfy anybody...but yourself. If you crack in other expectations, you will always be others slave, dont you want to be that?

Do it FOR YOU. You can post videos, listen to feedback and have fans, you can learn from others but YOU are the ruler of your life. Act like it.

Ow! That's right thankssss!! I will make sure na it is for me now for others

11 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Ow! That's right thankssss!! I will make sure na it is for me now for others

Yeah, dont do it for others. Its not authentic that way.

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

Yeah, dont do it for others. Its not authentic that way.

So far this advice is the most i really appriciate:D thankyou very much!!

4 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

So far this advice is the most i really appriciate:D thankyou very much!!

Yeah, remember to give your 100% on making videos daily and marketing. Those are also essencial.

Read (or i suggest audiobook) Hooked by Nir Eyal, its about how to hook users to return to your products habitually, highly recommended! Just go through a bunch of marketing books.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Ether said:

Yeah, remember to give your 100% on making videos daily and marketing. Those are also essencial.

Marketing? Hm??

What are you doing on YT other than marketing yourself? If you have a message you want to stand in the square and be loud not be in the forest where the squirrels are.

4 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Marketing? Hm??

Marketing, adverstising, pay sites for them to publish your videos.

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Read (or i suggest audiobook) Hooked by Nir Eyal, its about how to hook users to return to your products habitually, highly recommended! Just go through a bunch of marketing books.

Okay i will see the audiobook:D thanks

And! Make sure you have good clickbait titles! I always fall for interesting video titles, just look at Leos titles ”Why brains do not exist” I mean if that doesnt make you want to click then i dont know what does lol