Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMM710

Questions for people who use a journal

7 posts in this topic

What benefits have you gotten from journaling?

How long have you been doing it, and how long did it take before you saw the benefits?

What do you journal about exactly?

-eh, i think nearly 2 months? The first few weeks i was doing it consistently and it helped them THE MOST, i noticed i was overcoming deep emotional and mental health issues i had like social anxiety (that ive had for probably 15 years?) but currently i'm going through a big ego backlash period so im still trying to get my motivation back. I saw the benefits literally within a week of doing it. I journal about sensations i feel during my meditation, shamanic breathing, and emotions i've felt throughout the day. It really benefits my mind just pouring out all the feelings i had bottled up for the day, and i can tell you i sleep better at night. I've started kriya and journaled about that but only one day because i saw leo's dont half ass yoga video, and thought it wouldnt be worth doing the yoga on a crappy diet (so im waiting until summer break to re-start kriya).

I think its definitely worth it. Plus its a great way to document your progress and would be really interesting to reflect back after a year :) 

Journals are great. I use my journal to keep all of the knowledge I've acquired. I literally note down everything that I find interesting or I have learned so that I won't forget and it is easier to recap. I am a big note taker. My journal isn't just limited to self-actualization but to everything. For example, when I watch documentaries, I use my journal to write down what I have learned, or if I found out a definition of a keyword, I have a page dedicated just to keywords which I append it to.

It's really great to have a place to note down stuff. It's so that you can just search for the information you found out but just cannot remember. It's a great recap tool and is limitless, you can literally add whatever you want to your journal and personalize it for your needs like having a meditation log, or a page dedicated to specific topics, a timetable, diet plan, literally anything

I would highly recommend you to have a journal, and it's best to have it as digital, because you can add diagrams, graphics, and links to useful websites. It's also easier to edit, and add stuff to it. You can create pages, and have hierarchies for those pages too. Program I recommend is OneNote, but if you don't like Microsoft (which I don't, haha), an alternative and open-source program called Zim - a desktop wiki.

You're not human, you're the universe

I don't have a journal habit, but when I feel down and strong emotions are crushing me, I sometimes start writing. Making a conversation between me and me can be very helpful in these situations. Finding out what is wrong, what I need and want is much easier on paper I find.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Sometimes when you feel down or empty it's nice to know that you have a safe place to write down how you feel, and what's going on in life. I have a personal paper journal (kept for 2 years) and every few days I'll just write down all of my inspirations, ideas, or problems; then close it up and move on feeling a bit more integrated and whole. A journal is sacred, and a good place to give your heart a voice :) 

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Probably the single best tool besides synergizing with other perspectives and my own hard work that’s been responsible for my growth.  It codifies your growth.  Then you can build off your growth in an objective way because you can see it.  You know where you’ve been, and you can see where you’re going.  Journaling is for the fabulous few in this work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Amen. Your journal is like a treasure trove of insights. Loving it man :)

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️