Michael569

Adrenal Weakness

12 posts in this topic

A while ago I made a post on allergies. Having dug deeper into this topic and putting one and one together I concluded that I have weakened Adrenal Glands. Perhaps genetically or perhaps destroyed by years of kick&boxing and very rough circuit trainings on daily basis that overstressed them.  

I also have relatively low blood pressure, constantly clogged nasal sinuses and frequently cold feet and hands. Having linked all these together, the diagnoses matches perfectly. 

So my question to you folks is: "Does anyone have experience with treating adrenal fatigue? Would you be able to recommend a good adrenal formula or any tips that helped you or someone you know? 

Thanks in advance!!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Do you eat any animal foods? If not, adding some to your diet could be immensely beneficial... meat organs bones and all. Tough to support that kind of intense physical activity with just plant foods. (Of course make sure the animals are raised as humanely as possible).

Additionally trace minerals (especially magnesium and iodine) are immensely helpful.

And of course, try to optimize your sleeping, moving, eating and breathing. And do some relaxation exercises.... Concentration meditation is immensely helpful for stress (as opposed to insight meditation).

Here is a thorough af article on the topic:

https://draxe.com/3-steps-to-heal-adrenal-fatigue/

Good luck, I'm getting into MMA myself and have had some adrenal fatigue symptoms in the past so I'll be doing all of the above as well

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Had to comment, as your situation is ridiculously similar to my history, right down to the kickboxing! I went to see a Functional Medicine doctor a few years back and she identified that my adrenal glands were completely tapped out. Apparently if your first line of immune-respone (the gut) is compromised, your adrenal glands play a big role in the secondary line of the defence and that can wear them out big time. So you might want to get your gut checked for the balance of good vs. bad bacteria and/or leaky gut syndrome. The Immune System Recovery Plan was the book my doctor recommended to read, if I wanted to know more.

Ironically the regime she put me on of diet changes, supplements and getting bloodwork and fecal matter tests, actually added a whole other layer of stress and I burned out completely trying to implement them all at once! 

I've recently started seeing a herbalist (originally for a separate matter) but she seemed to know quite a lot about the adrenals and how to support them. 

This guy on youtube is actually quite good I've found, might be worth checking out. He reinforces simple stuff, that's almost always the hardest to implement... :P he's just an every day kinda guy so no ulterior motives, I don't think! He has a good bit of stuff about adrenal issues and chronic fatigue.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM-sTCzs4dmwGkyfeFdWVPg

Edited by Gavalanche
typo

@InfinitePotential thanks ! I've read Dr Axe's article a while ago and found few helpful tips in there. 

I've stopped drinking coffee now completely and meditation / breathing exercises is something I have been doing for a long time now. I admit I don't consume any animals. I agree with you that the animal flesh does give you a bit of the "aggressive energy" you need for these types of workouts, but I'll aim to cool it down and do more calisthenics and bodyweight. 

@Gavalanche thanks man, I didn't make the connection that a gut could be involved. TBH I consider myself lucky with my digestion as it works perfectly. I am very pro-herbs when it comes to rebuilding adrenal glands, I don't think it can be done any other way. Of course cleaning ones diet is necessary. 

@pluto thank you sir, some of those are already on my list. Will also look at the other ones !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I'm getting my adrenals online too, but exclusively the Dr. Morse way which I'm sure you're familiar with. Numerous times he mentions how foods aside from raw veggies and fruits, such as too many nuts, meat, cheese etc. with foreign or high amount of protein will be detrimental in regenerating those glands along with the kidneys. Have yet to see how all of this will work out in the end. My diastolic number definitely got a kick up on his herbs for the past week, which are seen as relating to kidney function. My systolic may have gone up slightly, but still not high enough yet. The systolic is seen as relating to the adrenals.

So, nothing concrete yet, but I'll let you know if some more improvements happen. :)

@Huginn thanks for the update!

I am actually on Dr Morse's procedure myself. there is a reseller in UK fortunately. Taking his adrenal, kidney and lymphatic formulas but it's only been few days so curious how it will go. His website is full of reviews of people getting riddiculous results from this so hoping for the best !

And also I've removed a lot of cooked food, high protein meals etc, keeping it more raw and simple. 

@Michael569  Cool beans. I'd like to know how it works for you in the end. :) I'm taking his kidney & bladder and endocrine balance formula right now. Going to add the lymphatic one after a week along with some others. Got a protocol I'm following.

Morse often mentions berries as very effective in detoxing/regenerating the adrenal glands. I've been staying away from those because I can't get organic ones at a good price. Same with grapes. I'm hoping to gorge on wild berries in August/September and get some dark seeded organic grapes this summer. That should be a kicker. :)

Release the uptight of the Rectum and let the belly out. Breathe and channel the breath on legs/rectum. You will get in shape with practice. 

For the sinuses and nose, open up the throat channeling the energy from the rectum. Relax the throat and imagine you sit on it while you breathe in legs. 

Edited by Quanty

@Quanty interesting! Does the opening of rectum have something to do with allowing circulation of chi?  I've read about it once but never tried it. 

Would you be able to share any good articles on this type of healing? 

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

@Quanty interesting! Does the opening of rectum have something to do with allowing circulation of chi?  I've read about it once but never tried it. 

Would you be able to share any good articles on this type of healing? 

It has everything to do with Chi/Kundalini/Rabbit hole/!st chakra/the gate to the third eye.

There are no articles there about the subject, look as much as you want.

The only information you will find is in art, poetry, etc, or a good enlightened master. 

Browse my posts, I have made guides on how to do it through personal experience. I myself do hardcore meditation as a way of life the majority of awake hours. Have a hermit-like kind of life. 

Edited by Quanty