Eva

Hooked on Whatsapp

2 posts in this topic

Dear Actualized.org community.

I have noticed that my twitch with the Whatsapp app has been going a bit too far lately and I'm feeling really shitty about it, so I wish to work on it. I'm not on any social media because of this same issue and it has been working really well for me. Lately, I've been spending hours a day in Whatsapp and it has been starting to affect my relationships as well. I guess I'm trying to mask my loneliness with those meaningless conversations. I'm also in a long distance relationship at the moment and my increasing neediness with him is straining our relationship quite a bit nowadays. 

Any good resources to help me combat this?

3 hours ago, Eva said:

I guess I'm trying to mask my loneliness with those meaningless conversations.

That is a very profound double realization. First, it dosen't matter what I write on this page, it can never touch you as deeply as a real conversation, or deeper yet, with yourself.

Second, you are trying to get away from loneliness when it arises. That is okay, it is painful to feel after all. Just know that the only way to heal loneliness is by facing it, otherwise it will stay in your body, and come up again, leading to addiction. Wish there was a shortcut too dear one :)

Perhaps ask, knowing that beliefs feed your emotions, what would I have to believe about myself in order to feel lonely? Ask and you shall recieve Eva.

I hope you find the unity, connection, love and intimacy that you deserve more of, not less. You are not alone in this, many people are here too.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️