Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nadosa

God damn - I think I found a reasonable explanation for why Ive felt like I should be

4 posts in this topic

dead. Why I felt trapped in time. Why I felt like after that day I WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO LIVE ANYMORE.

So, as fellow DPDR sufferer, actually not anymore, but I really really struggled with irrational thoughts after the symptoms faded, I have a big big problem with time and my existence associated with it.

So, I have really confused you with my countless talkings about "ego death" (smth not commonly used in buddhism) and feeling like “I am not supposed to be alive” anymore. I write down these words which brought me to a realization. I checked my beliefs, the deepest once again and I think I unwired a knot or at least found a bit better description of how I feel.

In 2017 time was running away and I felt like I couldnt bear/handle its speed, time was so fast because of 24/7 worrying, but suddenly I felt like I slipped out of a logical sense of time and that was when I had this old “I” dying feeling. Like it was August and I felt like I wasnt ready for it yet that time ran so fast and I resisted with all I could against time – of course time was moving forward and so I continued to feel “out of time”. That is the whole issue. It is totally based on time and my resistance.

I feel like I am somehow an being in psychological time and I am dependent on it in order to exist, TRULY BELIEVING (I didnt want time to continue, I fought it constantly) I was slipping out of that makes me feel not normal, because just a normal person has a normal sense of time and is somehow existing “healthily” in this concept. I feel like I am not supposed to or just cant live in psychological time anymore.

When I was going for a run I felt like, I am not existing anyways in a "whole", so I had a complete blockade and training wasnt doing anything. I just couldnt explain what happened. I've had a complete blockade in all of my healing methods, so that everything felt useless, until I felt like hm maybe you were really supposed to die? Damn I felt like I just outsmarted psychological time. That proves that we are not human, but much more.

That day where I was heavily resisting the passage of time, I interpret as the day where I felt like “I was supposed to die”, because time moved forward without me stopping. This created a big delusion, I thought I really was supposed to die whereas I was just fighting against an illusion.

Ok, I hope that makes sense, and even if, how the hell did this create such a big confict? I mean lifes been truly HELL with that belief, I couldnt/cant do anything, not even meditation because I thought it's been "after my death day".

But that basically explains my mental turmoil when I looked at the calendar for example.

I dont know if this fight + belief has been the reason for 8 months of suffering, but is that possible?

Edited by Nadosa

47 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

That's a mindfuck...

A worn out mind is prone to irrationality ? I truly believed I am somehow human dependent on time and that time was moving forward without me.

Letting this belief go makes me feel so insane. Can anyone guide me through this? It is like I revealed the mind's secret weapon which now goes full ham against me. It is like waking up from a dream, but the monsters of the dream try to tear me back. 

Edited by Nadosa