Ross

Is this whole thing a scam?

44 posts in this topic

I would probably get cal newports book so good they can't ignore you instead. I really like leos content but sorry I am not a big fan of the life purpose course.

Cal Newport's books have had a huge impact on my professional/life purpose life and what I should focus on.

Cal Newport books are also researched from a scientific perspective and scientific research on how people who feel passionate about what they do became passionate. 

the book is also cheaper than the life purpose course(only around 20 dollars on amazon) and you can even get most of the information from interviews with the author for free on youtube. 

"In this eye-opening account, Cal Newport debunks the long-held belief that "follow your passion" is good advice.  Not only is the cliché flawed-preexisting passions are rare and have little to do with how most people end up loving their work-but it can also be dangerous, leading to anxiety and chronic job hopping.

After making his case against passion, Newport sets out on a quest to discover the reality of how people end up loving what they do. Spending time with organic farmers, venture capitalists, screenwriters, freelance computer programmers, and others who admitted to deriving great satisfaction from their work, Newport uncovers the strategies they used and the pitfalls they avoided in developing their compelling careers. 

Matching your job to a preexisting passion does not matter, he reveals. Passion comes after you put in the hard work to become excellent at something valuable, not before. 
In other words, what you do for a living is much less important than how you do it.

With a title taken from the comedian Steve Martin, who once said his advice for aspiring entertainers was to "be so good they can't ignore you," Cal Newport's clearly written manifesto is mandatory reading for anyone fretting about what to do with their life, or frustrated by their current job situation and eager to find a fresh new way to take control of their livelihood. He provides an evidence-based blueprint for creating work you love.

SO GOOD THEY CAN'T IGNORE YOU will change the way we think about our careers, happiness, and the crafting of a remarkable life."

quoted from the description of the book from amazon.

Edited by BjarkeT

I bought Leo´s life purpose few years ago, when it was released.

I got stuck in the end and couldn´t pinpoint my niche. I then thought that i will revisit the course at some point.

It was still very much worth the cost and i recommend it. I don´t think anybody can say it is a scam. Some might think it´s too expensive, but i think it could have been way more expensive. Leo is not some greedy internet marketer.

I would also recommend reading Newports books like BjarkeT.

If you cant dish out 200k for a course then you should question your motivation

Dont look at me! Look inside!

12 minutes ago, Rilles said:

If you cant dish out 200k for a course then you should question your motivation

200k sounds quite a lot :)

200 dollars sounds better

1 hour ago, BjarkeT said:

I would probably get cal newports book so good they can't ignore you instead. I really like leos content but sorry I am not a big fan of the life purpose course.

Cal Newport's books have had a huge impact on my professional/life purpose life and what I should focus on.

Cal Newport books are also researched from a scientific perspective and scientific research on how people who feel passionate about what they do became passionate. 

the book is also cheaper than the life purpose course(only around 20 dollars on amazon) and you can even get most of the information from interviews with the author for free on youtube. 

"In this eye-opening account, Cal Newport debunks the long-held belief that "follow your passion" is good advice.  Not only is the cliché flawed-preexisting passions are rare and have little to do with how most people end up loving their work-but it can also be dangerous, leading to anxiety and chronic job hopping.

After making his case against passion, Newport sets out on a quest to discover the reality of how people end up loving what they do. Spending time with organic farmers, venture capitalists, screenwriters, freelance computer programmers, and others who admitted to deriving great satisfaction from their work, Newport uncovers the strategies they used and the pitfalls they avoided in developing their compelling careers. 

Matching your job to a preexisting passion does not matter, he reveals. Passion comes after you put in the hard work to become excellent at something valuable, not before. 
In other words, what you do for a living is much less important than how you do it.

With a title taken from the comedian Steve Martin, who once said his advice for aspiring entertainers was to "be so good they can't ignore you," Cal Newport's clearly written manifesto is mandatory reading for anyone fretting about what to do with their life, or frustrated by their current job situation and eager to find a fresh new way to take control of their livelihood. He provides an evidence-based blueprint for creating work you love.

SO GOOD THEY CAN'T IGNORE YOU will change the way we think about our careers, happiness, and the crafting of a remarkable life."

quoted from the description of the book from amazon.

I want to read this one  !  Thanks for the advice 

5 hours ago, Ross said:

Also, in general, with no offence to Leo and everyone in this thread, is Actualised.org just a massive scam?

If Leo would be trying to make more money, he would be releasing more courses, writing books, have big sales funnel, doing more and shorter videos, never focus on psychedelics and other very niche topics, etc.

Is he using marketing? Of course he is, otherwise no-one would watch or buy his stuff. But is he doing it to some exagerrated level, like for ex. Tai Lopez does? No. So I think you shouldn't worry too much about Leo's intentions, these are quite clear.

People from Quora can say all the non-sense they want on every topic. You need to learn to judge by yourself wheter what they are saying is trust-worthy or not.

6 hours ago, Ross said:

I told him more about this webpage and Leo in general and he said he is a very big scam. He then went to websites and researched reviews on actualised.org and found one which was criticising Leo and life purpose course saying that Leo doesn’t have much background knowledge to say the things he does in videos.

He didn't do research. xD He made a blind statement and then looked for the proof of that statement, disregarding all the opposing facts, like genuine positive reviews of the Life Purpose Course.

I had better progress with my life reading the books of Leo’s booklist than watching his $249 course (which I gotta be honest is ridiculously priced). Visually, you wont see any difference than what you see already see on YouTube, which is just a bald man in a black tee speaking in front of a camera. If you want my PERSONAL advice I’d to skip on the course. 

I understand Leo has to make some profit for his business. But the reality is, the material on that course is already almost 3 years old. It definitely needs a price cut. 

Edited by Alii

for me, all Leo and guru's words make perfect sense to me that is why I do not agree with you. 

Lol a pretty well thought-out scam if he’s going to put hundreds of hours and a ton of effort into his videos. Especially with him putting out several videos that are almost an hour long on his Youtube channel for free?

Ask yourself some of these questions:

“Does my Dad have what I want in life and is he satisfied and fulfilled?” Maybe you can ask him that too.

”Do the random people on Google or Quora have exactly what I want in life and are they fulfilled? Do I even know who they are?”

”Do I myself have what I want and am I fullfilled?” If not then sure be skeptical of what’s out there, but at the same time be skeptical of your skepticism.

“Are we currently living in a psychologically developed and advanced society, and should I listen to them or is everyone else dealing with their own psychological issues like depression, anxiety, neuroticism, narcissicism, insecurities, borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, agoraphobia disorder, anger management, closed-mindedness, PTSD, antisocial personality disorder, ADD/ADHD, social anxiety, avoidant personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, etc.”

Ask yourself these questions. And btw I took the last one a little bit to the extreme to give you an idea that a lot of us are dealing with a lot of deep psychological issues and you can’t afford to listen to some ‘random’ review on Google. Understand that a lot of people are closed-minded, and naturally a lot of people don’t like change so they tend to deny it.

Another thing to add, understand the difference between theory and action. Watch Leo’s video on that. Just because someone buys a course online on how to start a business doesn’t mean they will automatically start a business. And just because they didn’t come up with the business, doesn’t mean the course is a scam. The course is there to guide you, but if you’re not going to take any action on it, then that’s all on you.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

The course from Leo is a mind focused, society functioning. It is very good modern day psychology initiation.  

But don't put Enlightenment expectations on it. 

I realize it costs money that’s why a lot of people are opining about it.  But I would suggest this for people who are opining about this matter — do the Course yourself and then come tell us about what you think about it.  Opining about it without going though it is a bit silly.  Seriously!  You don’t know everything a priori.  You need to go through the process and then come out the other end — and then you’ll know.  Leo’s Life Purpose Course is like that.  Life Purpose is not inconsistent with Enlightenment.  Again, do the Course and find out.  Stop trying to pre-judge things a priori!  That’s a big trap that I see a lot of people making, and some people seem to be more prone to this trap than others are.  Life Purpose is part of the big-picture view of reality that you are formulating.  A big-picture view of reality is a superpower in this work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

has a money back guarantee. see for yourself

16 hours ago, Ross said:

I recently wanted to buy the life purpose course from this website which costs a lot. I realised I didn’t have enough money so I asked my dad if it was possible if I worked hard enough, then I’m allowed to get it. I told him more about it and he was very skeptical to the point where he completely disapproves of me buying it. I told him more about this webpage and Leo in general and he said he is a very big scam. He then went to websites and researched reviews on actualised.org and found one which was criticising Leo and life purpose course saying that Leo doesn’t have much background knowledge to say the things he does in videos. Also, the reviewer talks about how it’s hard to measure the success from life purpose course. To some extent I feel like this is true because how do we know the material Leo is giving us is going to work in our lives. Me personally, I feel like some aspects of my life are better such not having any depression due to my mediation habit. But at the same time I feel other things aren’t working such as visualisations which have had no effect in my progress, no matter how consistent I do them. 

So basically I want answers to these questions: 

Does the life purpose course work? Does anyone here have any LIFE CHANGING effects from it? Does anyone have any reviews on it, and if so are they successful? 

Also, in general, with no offence to Leo and everyone in this thread, is Actualised.org just a massive scam? Where Leo tries to come up with marketing ideas where he says things that seem out of the ordinary and profound just to grab your attention and money and in the end get no results just like other markets out there that “promise” something. How can we trust this website? 

To find the review I was talking about, just type ‘is Leo Gura a scam?’ On Quora.

bro, just listen to thousands of hours of free content on youtube. See for yourself. Ultimately what works for someone really well won't work at all with someone else. It's up to you to find what works for you. 

No all of his shit is based on esoteric and eastern philosophy, it's been around longer than he has, he is just putting it into a 2 hour vlog format so that regular people can understand the profound implications of the greatest thinkers of human kind.

On 5/21/2018 at 2:45 PM, Ross said:

I recently wanted to buy the life purpose course from this website which costs a lot. I realised I didn’t have enough money so I asked my dad if it was possible if I worked hard enough, then I’m allowed to get it. I told him more about it and he was very skeptical to the point where he completely disapproves of me buying it. I told him more about this webpage and Leo in general and he said he is a very big scam. He then went to websites and researched reviews on actualised.org and found one which was criticising Leo and life purpose course saying that Leo doesn’t have much background knowledge to say the things he does in videos. Also, the reviewer talks about how it’s hard to measure the success from life purpose course. To some extent I feel like this is true because how do we know the material Leo is giving us is going to work in our lives. Me personally, I feel like some aspects of my life are better such not having any depression due to my mediation habit. But at the same time I feel other things aren’t working such as visualisations which have had no effect in my progress, no matter how consistent I do them. 

So basically I want answers to these questions: 

Does the life purpose course work? Does anyone here have any LIFE CHANGING effects from it? Does anyone have any reviews on it, and if so are they successful? 

Also, in general, with no offence to Leo and everyone in this thread, is Actualised.org just a massive scam? Where Leo tries to come up with marketing ideas where he says things that seem out of the ordinary and profound just to grab your attention and money and in the end get no results just like other markets out there that “promise” something. How can we trust this website? 

To find the review I was talking about, just type ‘is Leo Gura a scam?’ On Quora.

Hey Ross,

Your father made you think a lot. Not better, not right, but a lot. A progress has been made here. As a side note: You cannot buy anything important! You will  need to create. That you are looking, is not for sale, not here, and not anywhere else. You can waste your money on all the materials you will find worthy... not on what''s in your head. Nothing can go there to see "what's what" for you, so maybe you will understand that YOU are the only one authorised for this job - to see inside you. Is not wrong to think that someone like Leo can help, but not like you aspect. These characters will only manifest A will when you have lost your own. It s a nice and easy way, but you need to know that for something real you need to end up in the mud to be able to see what is above. You will need to crash, Ross. No easy way around it. This thing of trying to buy experiences... make it lost.And the important thing is that is no pressure...either you get it or you won't. At the end of it,

will be the same. Spend 5$ to buy lunch to someone needy,t hat will be your best spending for today. If you think otherwise, tell me: if you pay me enough... will I be able to tell you what you are? - where is your logic in this?

(even your darkest/ dirtiest/ awful thoughs...are still yours! but also...the same place host the rest of you). Happy crash!

Edited by Silvian
grammar

@Ross

I advice you to focus on the free stuff. There is actually sooo much content to work with that it kept me busy for years.....and...there is re -watch value in it.

It is impossible to watch it just once and get it. One needs to grow and then rewatch it and there in plain view you will discover something new. It was there all the time but you did not see it. It made me laugh many times. I like surpassing my limits.

It is like being able to see ultraviolet.

I really don´t care if an Angel or Devil helps me. The deed is what matters not the name given by others for the messenger.

I been watching Leo since the start, it has been quite the ride. I don´t waste time with something useless. There must be something in it for me.

...-nooo...I do not get paid to write this......the gain for me is promoting a better world to live in...for me and mine to live in....in a way my action doing so is both selfless and selfish.

4 years of actualized.org... sounds like a choice....

Edited by Ether
A

What is a "scam" for one person is help for another.

You have to consider your own dogmatic view also.

I took the life purpose course and it was the starting point of my new life. It helped me and was worth every penny since I used it the right way. People expect others to do it for them. A course doesn't change your life. You do. The course is only there to guide you.

- Enter your fear and you are free -

The life purpose course is not a quick fix solution or something tangible. It isn't a how-to guide teaching you how to make a million dollars. If it doesn't work for you it's because you didn't make it work. These courses channel independent work and assurance from yourself and your own values. It's a map of mysterious terrain to a destination, not a ticket on a plane there. No such transportation exists to get you to this destination, just maps. 

Edited by Widdle Puppy