John Iverson

Who's your favorite Psychologist? Give me names , contributions, books, and articles

31 posts in this topic

When you master thyself, you awaken. Everything else is also mastered.

B R E A T H E

12 hours ago, Erlend K said:

This is the book that got me started on my spiritual path, and inspired me to undergo years of psychodynamic therapy.

Other psychologists who had a major influence on me include:

Victor Frankl (Existential psychology) - 'Man's Search for Meaning' is the book that made me realize the importance of meaning, it's superiority to hedonism, and conviced me that finding meaning lies at the core of being human.

Daniel Kahneman (Behavioural psychology, Cognitive biases) - Reading his Noble Prize awarded 'Thinking Fast and Slow' is hands down the most eye opening, self-insight boosting reading experience I have ever had.

Carol Dweck (Developmental and Social Psychology) - Her main work is 'Mindset'. This was monumental to the way i related to learning.

David D. Burns (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) - Reading 'Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy' made me realize how most of my thoughtstream was irrational BS, and that I had the power to change my patterns of though.

This is interesting!! I have a feeling that those books are worth reading and worth learning

5 hours ago, pluto said:

When you master thyself, you awaken. Everything else is also mastered.

What do you mean?

6 hours ago, Solace said:

Poor Jordan Peterson, let's send him love and positivity instead of our judgement, for our judgement ultimately pushes a part of our unloved shadow away. Use observations, and blessings in it's place.

Yes he is poor, he argue with people and talks something,  i dont know to him ? And his rebuttal is , he is a clinical psychologist and that being clinical psychologist that the argument dropped and his work is research based he has a proof of his non sense

11 hours ago, okulele said:

"King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine" by Robert L. Moore and Douglas Gillette

If you are a man and want to discover the psychological possibilities available for you, this one is amazing. Based on Jung's work I think.

Great i will add that on my list... i know Jung! Hahahaha

8 hours ago, Rebec said:

To add to the list;

Gabor Maté

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabor_Maté_(physician)

I don't know this guy until you send here the link of his profile.. the first time i saw him is by Attending event of Sadhguru! Hahaha and when i see him i sensed that he is so many pride.. he only see his views and not that open minded he is just curious of Sadhguru not totally open.. his intuition sensed that Sadhguru is something.. and when he experienced the event man! It change his paradighm! HAHAHAHAHAHHA! I felt that vibe to him in the video!! AHahahhahaa

Edited by John Iverson

My friend always talking about Jordan Peterson. He always said Peterson is genius or rock start today. I don't know that much about peterson? should I need to watch his video? 

If you want to get lost in concepts and intellectualism, with a dash of entertainment that appeals to the monkey within, then go for it man. I believe there are many better teachers, such as ascended masters, the higher self consciousness, higher dimensional beings or enlightened psychologists who really have the potential of waking you up.

Ken Wilber for example is both enlightened and a psychologist. Peterson isn't enlightened. Choose who you follow carefully, you en-train with them :)

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

18 hours ago, Solace said:

If you want to get lost in concepts and intellectualism, with a dash of entertainment that appeals to the monkey within, then go for it man. I believe there are many better teachers, such as ascended masters, the higher self consciousness, higher dimensional beings or enlightened psychologists who really have the potential of waking you up.

Ken Wilber for example is both enlightened and a psychologist. Peterson isn't enlightened. Choose who you follow carefully, you en-train with them :)

Thank you very much. 

I like Jordan Peterson, but I have one annoyance with him. For someone who wrote a 564-page book on belief systems, he has done a terrible job of letting go of his own.