Stef

Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator

293 posts in this topic

Intj

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

ISTP jumper.  So instead of Se as 2nd function, I'm using Ni (from someone who does typing via the objective personality system).  Their code would look like = Ti/Ni sb/c(p) MF 

From 16 personalities = ENFJ, INFJ, INFP

I think ISTP is more accurate.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 I read a post somewhere on this forum about this "jumper" thing. Whether it's true or not I don't know. But I just wanted to say that what's been described as jumping just sounds like an unhealthy 1st and 3rd function loop from what I know. 

Like I know that for myself as INTP, I get stagnated by Si if I'm careful. I'm not every INTP though. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I (67%) N (90%) F (52%) P (100%) a (72%) INFP-A, i consider myself rather crippled empatheticaly, so it is curious it would place me in the Feeling section.

As great as its questions are they definitly do not always scale well, apparently.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

1 hour ago, Reciprocality said:

i consider myself rather crippled empatheticaly, so it is curious it would place me in the Feeling section.

I think "Feeling" might mean not necessarily that the person feels a lot, we all do.  I think it's more about knowing one's own or others' values.  Conversely, "Thinking" might be more about respecting one's own reasons or others' reasons for things.  I do not know how MBTI defines these terms though.

16 hours ago, lmfao said:

@Matt23 I read a post somewhere on this forum about this "jumper" thing. Whether it's true or not I don't know. But I just wanted to say that what's been described as jumping just sounds like an unhealthy 1st and 3rd function loop from what I know. 

Like I know that for myself as INTP, I get stagnated by Si if I'm careful. I'm not every INTP though. 

I don't agree that it's looping.  I've heard looping described elsewhere as well, and I think it's something different.  The way they found jumpers was going through a few thousand people, typing them according to strict definition both typers shared, both typers typing the person in separate rooms, and then they say they get the same type 80% ish percent of the time out of their 512 subtypes beyond the MBTI 16.  This is Objective Personality that does this.  I think it's probably the most rigorous data collection of personality systems, maybe Big Five is equal but I don't know much about it. 

I'd look into it though.  Here's a brief overview of their system

It's not the whole thing, but it's the core of it.

INTP. And after reading dozens of MBTI books, I've come to the conclusion we are essentially clones of each other. We can also take over the world if we weren't lazy af and more interested in understanding the world than changing the world. 

INFP-A

I - 68%
N - 70%
F - 78%
P - 53%
A - 92%

Edited by Nos7algiK

Leo is not an INTP he is an ENFP he needs to do more research about this.

On 9/1/2021 at 0:04 PM, blueberries said:

What makes you say that? Surely it makes way more sense for him to be a Ti dom vs an Ne dom

why he is not an Ne dom ?

On 9/1/2021 at 3:04 AM, blueberries said:

What makes you say that? Surely it makes way more sense for him to be a Ti dom vs an Ne dom

Ya, I'd agree. 

INTPs have Ne as a secondary function, so maybe that's where the confusion lies.  Also, we only see Leo in one aspect of his life, that being blasting theories n such at us.  So maybe from what we see it's more of an ENFP-esque part of his personality.  

6 hours ago, Matt23 said:

Ya, I'd agree. 

INTPs have Ne as a secondary function, so maybe that's where the confusion lies.  Also, we only see Leo in one aspect of his life, that being blasting theories n such at us.  So maybe from what we see it's more of an ENFP-esque part of his personality.  

he doesnt seem to have Ti in his ego in fact he has a very strong Fiits obvious in his words, ambitions. ideas about reality it is all Fi.

a thinker would not care much about psychedelics as Leo do.

dont confuse Fi and Ti they are very similar functions in terms of speed and capacity to process information and use mental models, systems, Fremeworks, strategies ect.

Edited by omar30

36 minutes ago, Khr said:

It’s hard to type a highly conscious person to begin with. The goal of ones life is to develop their inferior functions. A highly conscious person would have their inferior functions so developed you wouldn’t be able to tell they are inferior. 

Its right but leo is an Si Inferior. 

He doesn't even have an INTP personality in his four sides of his mind. bec he is an ENFP may be because he has an INFJ Shadow. because of how developed he is you think that his developed infj shadow is an intp.

Another thing you often see in leo videos that he is critic about people and society doing the wrong things not living up to their potential wasting their time etc. His critics is valid i am not saying that he is wrong about it. 

But you begin to see how his mind works how he use words repeated statements. He is always talking about values and heroes journey ect. That is Fi parent. 

Why he is doing that because he has Fe as a Critic function.

I am an INFP so i can relate to Leo and his pattern of thinking.

@blueberries Leo's clearly an Ne dom Looking at the big picture  ,What ifs,Super informative, Fi parent his content is mostly about personal desire ,ambition ,personal core values ,   introspection ,self-awareness towards their own feelings and emotions,'what they want' , likes ,dislikes, importance ,

Produce Principles ,sympathy etc... which Introverted Feelers(Fi) are Good at   rather than Fe users (extraverted Feelers ) who Enforce Social Norms , Collective Desires ,Collective values , Being Good & read Social cues, empathy,prone to Guilt , covert contracts

Moreover ENFPs and ENTPs are considered to be the most introverted among extroverts , so he might be socially introverted but Cognitively is an Extravert   

After watching many of his videos ,I can at least tell he is  an ENFP( but still I don't know leo personally , so I might be wrong ) .  (in Cs joseph model + Beebe -Berens model)   , Don't know what type he could be in other MBTI systems ,models 

Edited by flyingguitarist

@Preety_India Taking those 16P MBTI tests are just waste of your time , Learn about cognitive functions , Jungian analytical psychology , this test is better one  to get a start https://discover.csjoseph.life/

https://sakinorva.net/functions 

( but still learn about theory and explore other models too..  , MBTI is filled with many sub-models, people change the definitions , so there is confusion ,think of like vairities of an apple ) 

@omar30 Hey Omar,  are you from CS Joseph cult ?( hehe ) I consumed lot of his content, joined his community few months ago , later to discover Leo Gura   

@flyingguitarist

16 hours ago, flyingguitarist said:

@omar30 Hey Omar,  are you from CS Joseph cult ?( hehe ) I consumed lot of his content, joined his community few months ago , later to discover Leo Gura   

yeah he did a good job explaining the attitudes of the cognitive functions.