Stef

Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator

293 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

INFJ or INFP - I've taken the Myers Briggs many times and always score like 49/51 in favor of either the J or P. INFJ generally fits better though.

I have exactly the same, but it's litteraly 50/50 ! :D But I'm considered as INFP.

I can also switch to E because I trained myself to gain energy with social interactions.

Edited by Lynnel

On 2/7/2016 at 8:05 AM, Leo Gura said:

INTP

No way! Thats my type. Funny, watchting your videos I always pegged you as ISTP. Are you certain?

INFJ here:D I'm surprised, I always tought Leo is a clearcut INTJ!  I can see strong introverted intuition as dominant function combined with extroverted thinking as auxiliary...

@Lynnel Hey! Infj and Infp are very different types. While Infj lead with Ni helped by Fe, Infp lead with Fi helped by Ne... The functions are very different. Infp are more similar to enfp while infj are more similar to enfj. Infp are in tune with their own subjective emotions (Fi) combined with lots of free-spirit creative energy relating already preexisting objects to each other (connect the dots) (Ne). Infj intuition works differently. One idea/object is related to already prexisting subjective toughts and patterns, it is a subjective function. Its long term system building since it always relates to subjective patterns. Next, we use Fe, meaning we are more in tune with the emotions of others. This is our objective function. Its more expressive than Fi. So they are very different type of folks...  ^_^ 

Famous Infp: John Lennon

Famous Infj: Gandhi

Edited by Simon

INTP. I used to be more INTJ, but that changed in recent years.

Edited by Saitama

Have anyone bought the premium ebook? Did you found it to be well invested money?

INFP . @Neuroticon

Thank you for that link very educational and fascinating! Also painfully accurate :P

Surely worth taking a deeper look into.

I love studying these personality things together with astrology in the form of the personal natal chart. Helps make sense out of a huge arrangement of patterns, habits and tendencies in daily life.

Like Leo once made the point :

"We are all interested in our own best interest anyway so why not study the shit out of that self." 

Agreed and glad to share so many interesting topics with interesting people on here :) 

Edited by Miicat

ENFP

Obviously no personality type is truly any better than any other

that being said ENFP is the best and I win

ISTP-T

Shree Ganeshayana Maha . . 

(I'm not Hindu tho.)

Omm...  Inner PeaS  Omm...    ( ᵕ . ᵕ )   ?

INFP-A this time. The last time I took it I was INTJ. But, I've been working on myself since then. I do feel that INFP describes me better.  Even looking back. Maybe I wasn't as honest as I thought I was the first time. 

On 2/7/2016 at 4:05 PM, Leo Gura said:

INTP

Haha! Love that!

I'm INTP too.. I've always had a hunch that people who embark on personal development are skewed towards N types as they are more likely to see the long term benefits of their efforts. What do you think?

Edited by Calmdown5

I tallied up the current personality type entries thus far and created a pie chart:

actualized_personality_chart.png

Edited by Clay Curl
Added suggestions by Saitama; fixes

@Clay Curl Cool, I was hoping someone would take the time. Could you include numbers and compare them to normal stats?

I find it interesting that my type,INTP, and the similar INTJs are only a few percent of the population in general, but a huge chunk here.

Edit: Found a picture

estimated_frequency_table.gif

Woah, we're almost all N types while S types are usually a big majority. 

Edited by Saitama

@Clay Curl Neat, I included one in my post. Funny enough, the vast majority of us seem to be rare types while the more common types are almost absent. I wonder how this reflects on the relative rarity of people wanting to pursue personal development seriously.