Stef

Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator

293 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2019 at 7:10 PM, Seeker_87 said:

I am INFJ ?

Me too! Used to be ENFJ, then INFP, now I think I'm finally a strong and stable INFJ-A

@Aquarius Your personality type doesn't change. If it does, it's because you got your type wrong.

Most people lack the self-awareness to discover their actual personality type. Consider it more of a values assessment.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Commodent  For most people, it just takes to have some sort of change in their mood and they are a different personality type

@bejapuskas Perceived personality type, that is. A Fi-dom doesn't suddenly become a Ni-dom. A Fi-dom might start identifying more with their Ni, but that doesn't change the fact that they still spend 95% of their day in a Introverted Feelings state.

Your type doesn't change.

@Commodent  I don't agree with you, but this seems like an interested theme for debate, don't you for example think, that it might be the case, that the introverted individual wants to express themselves truthfuly and authentically, so they seek out people with whom they can be themselves (which changes) and among these people they might act as if they were extroverted. And extroverts are better at expressing themselves, so they do not mind so much... But still I dont think this is given, I have developed this mindset that I am in control, but please prove me wrong, I am really interested in what you think. :) 

@bejapuskas Let's say your dominant cognitive function is Fi. You will spend 95% of your day view through the lens of how you feel about things and your personal values. This is what you've been doing your entire life, and it's so encompassing you aren't really aware of it. You can't fathom any other way of doing it. C.G. Jung said so himself, you are BLIND to your 1st and 4th function. People are only really aware of their 2nd and 3rd function. You can exercise your weaker functions, even tone down your dominant function. But your type will still stay the same. In fact, you want to balance out your dominant function. Doing so won't change your personality type, though, and that's the thing. You mature. You don't become a completely different person.

18 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

that the introverted individual wants to express themselves truthfuly and authentically, so they seek out people with whom they can be themselves (which changes) and among these people they might act as if they were extroverted

They might act as if they were extroverted, but they still won't be extroverted. They would still go home and recharge their batteries in their introverted state. Extroversion will drain them, because they're not naturally good at it. And even more, their bodies are not wired to be in that extroverted state all the time. So if they exert themselves too much, they will become physically sick.

Sorry, this discussion is honestly not very interesting. What I'm saying is well-established and really not worth the time arguing over. If you have any further questions, I'd advice you to simply educate yourself some more on the topic. E.g. by reading the book "Psychological Types" by C.G. Jung.

I was ENTJ 2-3 years ago, but now i took the test again and i m ENFP   but the F and the P were 51% , so I guess the personality can change over time and the types around 50% are not well covered , i think there is big difference if you are 0 or 49% in some of the letters or 51-100% .  
I was also more introverted 3 years ago, it was also around 50-50, now i am more extroverted i guess, the only constant is that i m high in the N(intuition) :)

@SkrOzz I'm not saying your personality doesn't change. It does (hopefully). Your type however, remains constant throughout your life. It is the framework in which you evolve.

Self-assessment tests are inherently unreliable, because people are in general not able to perceive themselves accurately (and no, you are not the rare, special exception). So the only thing you will learn from such tests is really just how you perceive yourself, and not how you are objectively.

Unless you type yourself using input from others and do some serious studies on cognitive functions, any self-typing is useless.

Convince me mbti is real, and I m full listening.

for me that's only an astrology for smart people.

but maybe I m totaly wrong and arbitrary emotional pointer lead to "real absolute" truth.

I never heard someone highly intellectual talking about mbti.

Mbti is cool 

Next level would be to see what the consciousness is behind the personality trait 

@Aeris

mbti is like understanding mind pattern that each personality type uses to work with data (aka real world)

the more you understand it, the more you will start to see others in yourself and yourself in others

and that's what integration / conscioussness work is in a nutshell

astrology is a real thing btw (even Leo says that, if I'm not "too smart" for you)

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

3 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@Aeris

mbti is like understanding mind pattern that each personality type uses to work with data (aka real world)

the more you understand it, the more you will start to see others in yourself and yourself in others

and that's what integration / conscioussness work is in a nutshell

astrology is a real thing btw (even Leo says that, if I'm not "too smart" for you)

Apparently I m INTP // 7 - 5 - 3 

Sagitarius + moon in pisces

What can you tell about me ?

For me this is working based on

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect

leo is bullshitting you, for keeping blue people on his forum.

Edited by Aeris

This test isn't very good. Literally anyone who's read a bit more into this will tell you to learn cognitive functions.

And that isn't what this test is based off.

12 hours ago, Aeris said:

Convince me mbti is real, and I m full listening.

for me that's only an astrology for smart people.

but maybe I m totaly wrong and arbitrary emotional pointer lead to "real absolute" truth.

I never heard someone highly intellectual talking about mbti.

People of the same subtype as you tend to look the same, dress the same, and have exactly the same life problems as you:

VjhfV9d.png

Curios pattern, isn't it?

Source: https://www.objectivepersonality.com/home

Edited by Commodent

@Aeris

i'm not sure if he gives a fuck about stage blue people lol

about your chart - i don't know, i'm not an astrologer, but new moons and full moons affect you and i've experienced it many times already

if it's a comfirmation bias - let it be, because it's fucking awesome and i grew like crazy thanks to that knowledge 

i've spoken to astrologer via skype and just by looking at my chart he knew about my childhood, my traumas, my intimacy issue and a lot more stuff, he couldn't just take it from "stars" (well, actually, he could)

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed