Stef

Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator

293 posts in this topic

ISTP

I've found that on these kind of tests people answer more in accordance on how they would like to act, rather than how they actually act. So I would say if you've typed yourself without input from other people, the results are pretty useless.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Commodent  Or maybe people should learn how to be honest about themselves? I understand it is hard, but we can definitely do better...

ENFJ

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

@bejapuskas I think it's moreso a lack of awareness rather than honesty. You have done some things your whole life so you become blind to them. Just like a fish in water that doesn't know what water is. So these things would be hard to see no matter how honest you intend to be with yourself. You can painstakingly try to get a good picture of how you behave, unintentionally fooling yourself a lot in the process, or you could get input from others in order to drastically speed up the process. Both methods work, but the latter is a hundredfold more efficient. Our habitual patterns, some of them even causing a lot of harm, are usually invisible to us and glaringly obvious to others.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Commodent  I get what you mean, you have to be both vigilant and honest at the same time, either one of them on their own is not effective :) 

ENFJ-T protagonist apparently

However, it depicts me to be a lot more social than I tend to be, perhaps because I am better at socializing with people i don't know at all than acquaintances. A lot of the other stuff is accurate but I also have characteristics from the other types tooO.o 

Tbh I'm not treating as it being v reliable but I may use it as a tool to help me develop characteristics from different personalities to be the person I want to be/to achieve my goals. 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Got ENFJ though I feel a lot like INFJ.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

But how accurate is mbti ?

Isn't mbti a Giant delusion projection bias ?

How much truth is there to mbti.

Cause It's only two random girls who worked on it.

Many people believe astrology.

What is solid in mbti ? Is it something that own a true sense of Logic behind ?

Same for enneagram.

I liked to toy with mbti. But I don't consider it truly useful as a judgement tool.

Spiral dynamic work but we could attribute underlying meaning to every word. Put a reflection of the bs we Hope define us.

Can we truly define a persona with those models ?

Do you believe in them' ?

@Bill W @Joseph Maynor @Leo Gura @ajasatya @Serotoninluv

@Aeris You're supposed to fill such tests with answers that are based on behavioral evidence. It's very different from astrology or anything like that.

Such tests can even unveil things that you do not expect so that you can embrace them or work on yourself to change them. Particularly speaking, these tests are very good to flag people pleasers.

unborn Truth

12 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Aeris You're supposed to fill such tests with answers that are based on behavioral evidence. It's very different from astrology or anything like that.

Such tests can even unveil things that you do not expect so that you can embrace them or work on yourself to change them. Particularly speaking, these tests are very good to flag people pleasers.

I wouldn't say that mbti is utter bs. I find a lot of sense and truth in it. I just cannot be a non sceptic. always doubting my models and truth.

Sure but what constitute a 'behavioral évidence'. In absolute you get sense through observation of people in the physical. But can we trust those observation ?

And at a personal level did you find the mbti as an helping tool for communication ?

Can't we like in spiral gravitate toward multiple mbti résult ?

Intj & intp are the more close of my persona. One of my friend told me intj or intp without knowing. I think this is accurate but maybe he project ?

Just now, ajasatya said:

@Aeris It's not about "people". It's about yourself. Use it wisely.

I get what you mean. At the end of the day ' I m the whole universe '

It wasn't to control. But I m looking for tools to improve my communication skill.

Try see it as "cognitive function" test, as an extension of Jungs work.
If you see it as personality test, you are going to have a baaad time.

Edited by Yog

Infj-T Ennegram 4w5.

I prefer trutiy over the other mbti site for testing, also reading the descriptions of all types helps a lot. 

Cognitive functions are also good to know I prefer to type them over full types. 

There is eben neuroscience with mbti no idea how valid IT is. Nevertheless quiet interesting. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

I believe that forever identifying with your MBTI test is the biggest draw back to self actualization. If we are the same person as we were several years ago, what have we really truly accomplished at a psychological and spiritual level?

Sounds a lot like complacency to me. Keep progressing, changing and perceiving life in a whole new way. The online test could be distorted by our aspirations, I have went from an INTP to now someone who is incredibly social and the life of the room. Perhaps I was truly this way and in denial from all the repression and self guilt.

Edited by Deepconcepts

I used to get INPT and now I have INFP-T personality. I guess the results depend on your current mood or something because I never feel exactly the same in every situation. These tests are just for fun, I wouldn't take them too seriously.

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Took it a couple years ago and got enfj, took it just now and got enfj- A

amazing how consistent it is.

86% extraverted

66% Intuitive

86% Feeling

71% Judging

58% Assertive

This confirms an idea I've had related to life purpose that I eventually want to become a political or social leader, my personality is ripe for it, if I could get a couple decades of life experience and development under my belt