Stef

Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator

293 posts in this topic

INTP master race. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

INFP :)

Quite accurate I guess. I've been embracing intuitiveness and being over of logic and thinking. That used to be a huge problem. I'm changing from an endless planner into an intuitive doer.

I just retook this test and I got a different answer. For years I would always get INTJ, but just now, after ensuring I was being totally honest and answering the questions as I am now, and not how my mind projects I could/would/should be, I got INTP.

Although INTJ did seem to have explained my personality quite well, INTP does it way better.

However,  I am a firm believer that not test can literally explain away such complex beings such as ourselves, it is interesting how these tests do seem to have the major patterns we act out most of the time.

According to the theory of MBTI, you can't be a borderline INTP/INTJ or INFP/INFJ, that's total nonsense. As an INTP uses totally different cognitive functions than the INTJ(actually the exact opposite functions), the INFP also uses different functions than the INFJ. These types may look similar from the outside, they reach their conclusions about reality in a totally different way.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

15 minutes ago, vizual said:

According to the theory of MBTI, you can't be a borderline INTP/INTJ or INFP/INFJ, that's total nonsense. As an INTP uses totally different cognitive functions than the INTJ(actually the exact opposite functions), the INFP also uses different functions than the INFJ. These types may look similar from the outside, they reach their conclusions about reality in a totally different way.

Yeah, you guys should review the theory: 

On 28/02/2016 at 0:23 PM, Ludwig said:

@Neuroticon Thank you for the post, very helpful this test.

Another ISFP-T here? I haven't seen another adventurer type yet. :)

Yep! Me :)ISFP, -A/-T)

INFP-T with hint of ENFP-T

I'm INFP and when life is going exciting I become more ENFP

My intuition and thinking are extraverted, while feeling and sensing are introverted

I'm introvert, only when life is really good I can feel natural to be extrovert (case for INFP)

I find my thinking to be much stronger than sensing (case for ENFP)

But I struggle to differentiate between being lead by feelings with help of intuition (INFP) or by intuition with help of feelings (ENFP). Any ideas how are these different?

Edited by Monkey-man

Infp-t

Authenticity front seat, experience co-pilot, memory back seat, initiative back seat

Youtube: personality hacker

Has a lot of good info on the wiring of the mind for each personality type.  Click on your type.

Infp

Infj

Intp

Intj

Enfp

Enfj

Entp

Entj

(Only for intuitives I guess... sorry! ?)

Edited by Annetta

@Annetta personality twin yay!  

We are top wishful and dreamful folks out there, let's embrace it ?

Edited by Monkey-man

INTP-T

It both surprise me and not at the same time.

Why it surprises me

I don't consider myself as highly intelligent, I didn't have awesome grades at school even if I were not bad most of the time. It was more like a rollercoaster for me, and I was not really good at math.

Why it doesn't surprise me

I like to be alone, I philosophy and think a lot. I get lost in thoughts and on the internet at a supersonic speed. I always feel misunderstood, I see people doing complete nonsense in their life, complaining a lot, and not taking actions. I prefer to be direct in my approach, I have difficulties to communicate with people that most of the time misunderstood my behavior and my thinking. I hate small talk, I prefer not to speak rather than saying irrelevant things. I consider myself as being open-minded, at least enough open-minded to admit that I can be close-minded without noticing it. I don't try to impose things on people, they do what they want even if I consider that it's bullshit. I try to analyze critics against me, rather than reacting against them, if there some true inside it's better for me to explore that.

There are probably more things to say, but I don't have everything in my mind right now. However, I can see that there are a lot of things to improve in myself

Edited by Raphael

@Monkey-man @phoenix666

It says the best thing for infp is exploration, what do you think?  Do you feel more at home exploring new ideas and places?

@phoenix666 @Annetta pretty much. I like to explore new, but I do it rather holistically and see big picture instead of knowing every small technical detail of one thing.

6 hours ago, Monkey-man said:

pretty much. I like to explore new, but I do it rather holistically and see big picture instead of knowing every small technical detail of one thing.

@Annetta

absolutely. we wouldn't be here trying to explore our inner world and higher consciousnessxD I have so many things in life that I am passionate about and I love the way the deeper you go, the more you see how everything is connected - the big picture. I also like the holistic approach. 

whatever arises, love that

@Lynnel Me too, lol. What a coincidence. Although in my case the one with the varying ratio is the I and the E, which makes me an ambivert (other tests also confirmed this). So I can either be an INFJ or and ENFJ, but I incline more towards INFJ.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Dan Arnautu  I am a Tj :P But I've done the big five and I also seem to be a ambivert but I tend to be ENTJ nonetheless. I just can't understand the whole drama arround introvert/extravert and just get the best of both worlds :P