Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator

293 posts in this topic

Main function is INTP and sub function is INFP

Slight elements of INFJ-T. 

This makes no sense.

You can't be multiple types.

@Preety_India

Edited by Yali

CS Joseph has no clue what he's talking about. His typing method is wack; don't watch his videos. @omar30 @flyingguitarist

Edited by Yali

On 9/21/2021 at 7:53 AM, Khr said:

A highly conscious person would have their inferior functions so developed you wouldn’t be able to tell they are inferior. 

no no no

this is not how MBTI works.

@Khr

Edited by Yali

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

MBTI is  INFJ-T.

i doubt this

Edited by Yali

MBTI is  INFJ-T 

Enneagram main - type 2 

2w1 

My trifixes are 8 and 7.

827(body center(gut) /heart center /head center)  sp/sx

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

MBTI is  INFJ-T

Judging by your writing style, quite unlikely. You seem more like an IxxP.

Good textbook examples of Ni dom writing (thinking) style around here would be Emerald or Forestluv.

@Yog you can't decide MBTI by writing or speaking styles. That's why you have standardized tests which are very comprehensive. What you accumulate about me from my writing is simply 1 dimension of my personality. 

People should stop acting like they are experts. 

@Preety_India taking those standardized tests are just waste of time ,(ive  wasted a lot of time on that )you can manipulate the results at your own will , and reading those 16 type personality descriptions won't help you much  ,  it's just good for ballparking that's it .

For better understanding learn its theory ,models, dive into Jungian cognitive functions , temperments etc...THen you can type yourself

Taking tests @DenKserw from 16personalities (if you are new then okay) won't help you much ,it's very intuitive biased ,still  uses the  old MBTI Dicotomies

@flyingguitarist I found the MBTI test useful. If you are honest with the test, you will no problem, no need to manipulate results. 

2 hours ago, Yali said:

CS Joseph has no clue what he's talking about. His typing method is wack; don't watch his videos. @omar30 @flyingguitarist

He has some good videos but in case of Leo he is wrong. Because 

On 21/09/2021 at 1:53 PM, Khr said:

It’s hard to type a highly conscious person to begin with. The goal of ones life is to develop their inferior functions. A highly conscious person would have their inferior functions so developed you wouldn’t be able to tell they are inferior. 

2 hours ago, Yali said:

no no no

this is not how MBTI works.

@Khr

Yes and no. More conscious person is less biased toward proffered cognitive functions. This is why typing someone by what (content) he/she said might not work. However you can type them visually easily. Especially by eye movement patterns. Sadguru and Martin Ball are ISTPs, Leo is an INTP, Peter Ralston is an ENFP (he have same facial expressions as Jim Carrey). Even the way someone smile reveals instantly if someone prefers Fe or Fi.

@Preety_India yes I can understand that from your part is honest one but I'm also talking about the system , when you answer the questions which specifically asks for J vs P ( judging vs perceiving one) dicotomy , here let's say you answer most of the questions (say you answered you are an organised person , you take descisions , self controlled , blah blah blah which leans towards Judging than perceiving one ) the test will give out you are a XxxJ type , if you are extroverted then that might not effect ,but if that's an introverted type then it effects a lot !  if we use the cognitive functions  and type 

For example an IxxP type 

IxxP types are actually the judging ones

Why?

Coz there cognitive function stack is

Judging = Thinking or Feeling functions

Perceiving = Sensory or Intuitive functions

1.Ji (introverted judging ,Ti or Fi)

2.Pe(Extraverted perceiving,Ne or Se)

3.Pi(introverted perceiving ,Si or Ni)

4.Je(Extraverted Judging, Fe or Te)

Whereas for an IxxJ type (the actual P types)

Its

1.Pi 

2. Je

3. Ji

4. Pe

And for Exxp , ExxJ they are correct

So the actual perceivers are IXxj and Exxp types ( coz their first function is a perceiving one) 

And the actual  judging ones are IxxP and ExxJ types 

An Intp,infp  is a J type one whereas an INfj is a P type 

Those tests use the old  MBTI Dicotomies which were used around 1940's . 

Moreover these tests are intuition biased 

For example my mom is an ISFJ 

I told her to take these tests and she always scores Infp ,etc...

Why ?

Because whenever questions like "I am always with new ideas ,to fix etc..." , Etc  arises she clicks highly agreed , which is in fact  true. But which ideas ? My mom is mostly focused on concrete stuff like , decorating the home , new ideas to organise ,place items , in this way or that way ,gardening  , etc.. you get that.. which is very different than abstract stuff like conceptual ideas , metaphysics, philosophy , spirituality,etc..

So even though she is answering correctly and honestly from her part , the results are getting wrong coz the questions framing are biased .

So most of the people would score an xNxx type if we take those tests ,which is useless and inaccurate and the poor person will get attached to those descriptions and make itself a new identity .

That's why people like Jordan Peterson complain about MBTi 

'Personality types' by Carl Jung is the book where there are original descriptions of these functions

Also there have been advancements by Dario Nardi (Neuroscience of personality, etc.. )and others 

Edited by flyingguitarist

@flyingguitarist I don't believe in any of your explanations. To each his own. Anyway I am not here to argue the veracity of the test. I took it on 16 personalities dot Com and I'm satisfied with the results as they match me pretty well. 

@Preety_India Fine don't believe me , I was just like you 2 years back circling around these tests scoring INTP , INFP ,INFJ  for 30 times . My intention is just to help you ,not to argue , give you a better understanding and warn you as you are beginning this journey

btw 16personalities.com is not the original formal standardized Myers Briggs test 

A quick YouTubing, googling would solve this

Also get to know about 'Barnum effect' it might be handy to know

4 hours ago, Username said:

Sadguru and Martin Ball are ISTPs, Leo is an INTP, Peter Ralston is an ENFP (he have same facial expressions as Jim Carrey).

This tells me you know nothing about MBTI @Username

Edited by Yali

@Yali

This @Username guy is using vultology I guess, which is another system with same labels

@YaliSo Which system do you use to type ?

Edited by flyingguitarist

24 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

@Preety_India I thought you were leaving

I commented on this single thread because I wanted to correct the false typing that happened before. People tagged me so I replied to them. Technically I'm not in any other threads or discussions. You can be happy that I left. I won't be replying anymore.