moon777light

What do you guys eat for Lunch...Quick & Healthy stuff

35 posts in this topic

@pluto @Solace I like so much the idea of one meal per day, but i was always afraid if i would gain weight and shift slow my metabolism. It is like an urban legend that if you eat one meal per day you are going to get fat.

Edited by George Fil

I  like to eat Chopped Quinoa Salad with Cranberries, Chicken, Cheese, Carrots, Hummus, and Crackers in my lunch.

Edited by EldonFrami

On 5/19/2018 at 9:49 PM, pluto said:

Adapt to one meal a day :) solves many problems and sip herbal teas, water and or coconut water the rest. I usually skip breakfast altogether, i eat a large lunch then either call it a day and continue with herbal teas/water or have a small nutrient rich evening meal.  A Food processor may help in your situation and possibly a pressure cooker to pack in nutrient dense foods.

This isn't advisable for women. Intermittent fasting has shown positive results for men. But for women, it can actually cause Amenorrhea, hormonal imbalance, and infertility. The sources that I've read recommend that if a woman wants to do intermittent fasting that they skip a day or two in between each intermittent fasting day.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald

I have heard about this before as well and understand to some degree that it isn't "as" advisable but i don't go of sources much, i understand and follow nature and observe people directly with the natural flow of life because i also I know quite a handful of women that thrive this way. The key to health is to follow your body, if you can learn to listen to its needs you will thrive in any diet/lifestyle choice. Its ability to adapt is quite superior to most other species on the planet man or woman.

If they are driven this way but unsure exactly how they feel about it they could always have a fruit smoothie with maybe some yogurt and or chia seeds or fruit salad with some spirulina for lunch which is lightest thing for the body and aids in detoxification and stimulation of lymph.

Anything heavier would interfere with optimal human function, from how i understand it at least. The lighter we feel, the better we function and easier it becomes to thrive not just survive.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto I feel exactly the Same way my friend!!

Just be prepared everyone to adjusting to feeling light, and not full all of the time :) After a few days it will feel very natural.

May it come from a place of love, and not from a place of deficiency, for you are unlimited, and so can only be abundant!

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Indeed.

All is love @Solace There is only love <3

If all that you do in life is not with love, you are not living and allowing life to be its full potential :)

B R E A T H E

For me lunch is the most useless meal of the day. If I would eat a lunch I would be tired after it. So why eat it? I rather just eat at night and sometimes I eat an omelette for breakfast.

4 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

For me lunch is the most useless meal of the day. If I would eat a lunch I would be tired after it. So why eat it? I rather just eat at night and sometimes I eat an omelette for breakfast.

See this is why the body gets used to what its used to. I would suffer much greatly from the morning omelette and feel heavier than eating it later in the day or for lunch for example. I can only do liquids and light fruit in the morning if i do have breakfast or i feel heavy. Our bodies adapt to lifestyles.

B R E A T H E

On 7/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, Emerald said:

This isn't advisable for women. Intermittent fasting has shown positive results for men. But for women, it can actually cause Amenorrhea, hormonal imbalance, and infertility. The sources that I've read recommend that if a woman wants to do intermittent fasting that they skip a day or two in between each intermittent fasting day.

care to share those resources? :) Im super interesting in intermittent fasting due to its trigger of autophagy in cells and its great healing ability for people with diseases, especially autoimmune diseases, but im also scared of any negative effects it can have. I remember back when i did super intense exercising (specifically crossfit 4-5 times a week) my periods became significantly less ( from 7 day heavy flow to a 3 day very light flow) and very irregular. I notices hormonal changes as well, so i quit. SO now im always super weary of doing big changes :/ 

24 minutes ago, moon777light said:

care to share those resources? :) Im super interesting in intermittent fasting due to its trigger of autophagy in cells and its great healing ability for people with diseases, especially autoimmune diseases, but im also scared of any negative effects it can have. I remember back when i did super intense exercising (specifically crossfit 4-5 times a week) my periods became significantly less ( from 7 day heavy flow to a 3 day very light flow) and very irregular. I notices hormonal changes as well, so i quit. SO now im always super weary of doing big changes :/ 

This article gives basic run-down of what the risks are for women with regard to intermittent fasting. It also gives some alternatives to intermittent fasting, so that you can pick a fasting schedule that doesn't mess with your hormones.

https://blog.kettleandfire.com/intermittent-fasting-for-women/

But basically, the idea is that if a woman's body registers that food is scarce, the reproductive functions will start to shut down. Basically, it registers that you're starving and wouldn't be able to have enough nourishment to feed both yourself and a baby. So, the body makes it to where you can't get pregnant by stopping menstrual cycles, releasing less Estrogen, shrinking ovaries, etc. 

I also read in another article that it can increase Testosterone production, because your body wants to gear you up for hunting in a food scarce wilderness. Basically, allowing you to fulfill the male role of provider in the earliest days of humanity. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Just now, moon777light said:

@Emerald Thank you so much

You're welcome! :)

Emotionalmastery.org

I recommend you the most healthy fast food in the universe: Fruits, but if you are tired of this suggestion, then I have another one for you.

I live up in Sweden, and in southern Sweden, a food company named Findus grows perfect sweet green peas, super sweet, super tasty, rich in all the minerals and vitamins, really tasty by themselves, I usually add spices to potatoes, rice or such, but spice ruins the taste of this.

If you get a hold of peas, make sure that the majority of the carbohydrates from the peas are from sugars, and not from starch.

Of course, they are frozen, so do like this:

• Boil up water that is 3 times the weight of your portion of peas.
  • Drop the frozen peas into the water and wait. The more you wait, the hotter the peas will become... If you wait too long, the peas will cook, become wrinkly, not that crispy... (destroyed)
  • When you have waited enough, pour the whole thing through a pasta filter, so that you only have the peas left.
  • Enjoy

This takes like 5 minutes. If you are lazy, then pour the frozen peas into the pasta filter, and pour a lot of warm water from the tap to unfreeze the peas.

This is a GREAT option for a protein-based lunch, it digests well, has a lot of fibers and nutrients, and is crispy and overall delicious! The peas are like the bubbles in bubble tea, that just explodes with flavor. 25% of the calories from protein.

The taste of this varies of what peas you have bought. The more sugar (instead of starch) in the peas, the better! 1kg of frozen (Findus) peas costs about 2.5dollars in the cheapest shop here in Sweden.

Edited by Igor82
This lunch requires good stomach volume (800kcalories/kg)