moon777light

What do you guys eat for Lunch...Quick & Healthy stuff

35 posts in this topic

Breakfast is easy for me, either a big smoothie with some eggs or oatmeal with fruit. Its Lunch thats always difficult. I feel like just a salad isnt enough. But i dont have too much time to make it since im a full time student. What do you guys eat for lunch/share your recipes? Especially on the go ones?

Adapt to one meal a day :) solves many problems and sip herbal teas, water and or coconut water the rest. I usually skip breakfast altogether, i eat a large lunch then either call it a day and continue with herbal teas/water or have a small nutrient rich evening meal.  A Food processor may help in your situation and possibly a pressure cooker to pack in nutrient dense foods.

B R E A T H E

Vegetable biryani (traditional indian food) made with rice and fresh vegetables.

Read details on YouTube description of this video. 

If you are non-vegetarian then you can cook 'Chicken Biryani'

Read details on YouTube description of this video. 

I also eat one meal a day too, except in the evening, of about 800-1000 calories of whatever fruit/soft vegetables are in season. I make sure to have spirulina and flaxseed powder too. I feel like I have too much energy sometimes. Experiment for yourself what food you like by eating whole pieces of fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, seeds and see what digests easiest if you want (although I haven't tried this that much, only with fruit). Since you are my age, your body can probably work well, and grounded eating light food too.

The benefits are a tenfold increase in learning, concentration, sensitivity to subtle energies. You will live a longer life, build higher quality muscles (meat builds weaker muscles), be able to meditate more effectively and receive more obvious guidance from your higher self, there will be more chi in your body so you will feel like your lighter (I feel like I'm floating sometimes), the pineal gland will de-calcify, and your body will completely de-toxifiy itself by removing all heavy metals, parasites, and inorganic matter. There are many more benefits too that I have personally experienced! Did I mention anti-aging?

A year ago I was eating a slightly above average diet of mainly bread with meat, junk food, and some vegetables and fruit here and there. I changed it all at the end of last year to only vegetables, fruit, grains and nuts. I still ate 3 meals a day of about 3000 calories. Then I saw omad, and decided to eat a whole 3000 calorie cooked vegan meal in the evening at the start of this year. This lead to 3 months ago where I ate one raw vegetable meal that was about 1800 calories, and then about 2 months ago I think I changed to just fruits with a dash of leafy green veges like kale, spinach, and watercress and never looked back. The spirulina is really important here because I skipped a day of having it and felt noticeably less energetic. And the difference between raw vegan and fruitarian isn't as big energetic wise as from cooked vegan to raw vegan so I'd recommend you try go to raw vegan at least over this next month as a challenge to slowly change your diet.

I'll leave you with this image of a 75 year old raw vegan called Annette Larkins who looks in her late 30's/early 40's. You can do even better than this if you start now. Diet is one of the most underrated spiritual practices Moonlight :)

Lifelicious_WP_blog_annettelarkins-1140x760.jpg

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

If you're a full-time student and have never done raw vegan before, you may be overwhelmed; same goes for OMAD. Best to stay flexible for your circumstances. Here are some other options:

• Sweet potatoes keep in the fridge for up to a week. You can batch cook a bunch on Sundays and snag a couple on the go. Along with the host of other nutrients, cold sweet potatoes have good resistant starch for the gut. The same thing can be done with squash. Be sure to sprinkle some ceylon cinnamon on them for the blood sugar hackz. 
  • Rice and beans. If you have an Instant Pot, you can also batch cook tons of rice/millet/amaranth/quinoa/potatoes/etc. in a matter of minutes. Combine it with a can or two of beans, or you can also pressure cook beans separately in the Instant Pot. Mix in some salsa, assorted steamed vegetables, spices, or any sauce that suits your fancy. And voila - the ultimate lazy person's lunch. 
  • Animal protein's a little trickier since it doesn't keep in the fridge as long - and quite frankly, you probably don't want to eat it more than once a day. Canned sardines (the Wild Planet kind) would be a decent occasional topping for salad if you're really craving the denser protein. 
  • If you like pasta, there are plenty of gluten-free varieties at your local health food store. On occasion I like the red lentil variety. Tons of protein. Add some nooch and tomato sauce and you'll be good to go. 
  • If you're digging the fat: Fire Ants on a Log. Celery ribs smothered in the nut butter of your choice, topped with goji berries. Or if you're not cool enough, you can go for normal ants on a log. 

Packing a lunch is easy if you do batch cooking. Otherwise, spending too much time deciding tomorrow's lunch can induce decision fatigue and affect your stress levels, especially if you're a full-time student. 

Best of luck on your whole foods journey!

Edited by jjer94

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

22 hours ago, moon777light said:

Breakfast is easy for me, either a big smoothie with some eggs or oatmeal with fruit. Its Lunch thats always difficult. I feel like just a salad isnt enough. But i dont have too much time to make it since im a full time student. What do you guys eat for lunch/share your recipes? Especially on the go ones?

Nearly always vegetable soup for me. It's so easy to make and I make a big batch of it which usually lasts me 4-5 days. Takes me about 30-45 minutes to cook, which I usually do late at night when i'm least productive and mentally sharp (#efficiency). Add in lots of vegetables (my favourites are leeks, broccoli, celery, carrots) and lots of beans, lentils etc. Season well and you're good to go. 

My basic recipe is:

Cook down onions, garlic (don't burn), chopped carrots and then any other veg you want.

Throw in a bunch of different spices like cumin, paprika, celery salt, garlic salt, (a little goes a long way, don't over do it), salt and pepper, veg stock, and a load of hot water.

Throw in 1 can of chopped tomatoes, stir around and let it cook for 10 minutes or until veg is all cooked.

Blend to your desired consistency.

Throw in a can or two cans (depending on the amount of other stuff in the soup) of any kind of bean or lentil.

Cook for another 5-10 mins.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Ether i was expecting you to say something else knowing your character

@Solace @pluto Thank you guyss yes i watched the interview with Annette Larkins :) its really inspiring but i have to avoid legumes and as jjer64 mentioned, i have too much on my hands to now change it completely to one a day but i might try it over the summer break :D

@jjer94 @Space thank you so much for your suggestions <3

Just now, moon777light said:

@Ether i was expecting you to say something else knowing your character

What were you expecting?

I have smoothie  (homemade almond milk with fresh fruit, spinach, and bunch of other goodies) for breakfast ( after 11 am usually, cause i do Intermediate fasting) Plus Green apple  and low suger almond and peanut butter

for lunches, I try and stay away from Gluten if possible. But otherwise, I buy :

- Avacado

-Lime

-hummus

- Bakery bread toasts (fresh rather than packaged)

- Chicken or Tune

-Parsley or coriander

And i make a bad ass sandwich with them! I obviously cant finish it all, so I half everything, wrap them good, and have it for two or three lunches in the week. We have fridges in our workplace so its easy to store stuff away.  

Just to consider one meal a day is amazing! There is no rush, you've got your whole life to transition if you want to, or not at all. Another idea for a lunch is a light tasty salad, just throw in whatever is in season with salt, and olive oil. I'd recommend staying generally away from wheat, dairy, meat, and anything with more than 5 ingredients on the back; and you'll get much of the benefits I listed without omad :)

May you be blessed with incredible health and well being.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@moon777light You do what feels best for you, if you want to feel full longer add more healthy fats :) Anette Larkins grows most of the food she eats so her food is far more mineral/vitamin rich than ones you buy from the stores, even organic food, the longer it sits are the store the less goodness/life-force it has left plus most of them aren't educated enough to create optimal mineral/nutrient rich soil structures needed today due to chemical warfare. Biodynamic farmers are more educated but it all depends on how you understand the whole mechanism of life the last 100+ years.

I know this from experience, i used to buy organic oranges then pick the ones from my tree and eat them directly, the energy and aliveness i felt from the ones on my tree compared to the ones i bought from the store felt like i was on a higher level planet eating their fruit.

I believe that is also the reason for Anette's vital health and youthfulness, plus she consumes a lot of raw sprouted foods which are very high in minerals and minerals are key to looking and staying young in my honest opinion.

Most fruitarians today don't look so well besides the ones who exercise daily, spend a lot of time in nature and can manage to consume about 5000+ calories of of quality homegrown or bio-dynamically grown fruit a day to get enough mineral/nutrient density. Fruit has abundance of vitamins, more than other foods but lacks minerals due to chemical warfare like stated above and depleted soil structures.

Fruit today is nowhere near as nutrient rich as it was 50-100 years ago, i also personally experienced this eating 3 apples from my grandfathers tree which is near 100 years old i felt full and full of energy from morning till evening and let alone the unbelievable nourishing taste and texture.

They say 1 apple 100+ years ago is as nutrient rich as 5 - 10 apples today deepening on source/care/education of the soil structure. The chemicals in the food, water, air supply and chemical pesticides and herbicides used in conventional farming has mass spread and lead to most nutrients depleted and adaption in poorer and poorer quality fruit overtime. then they create GMO to replace which is even worse for us to consume.

Its sorta like replacing a natural herb for a pharmaceutical drug, its man-made ignorance, it doesn't work its only temporary and causes more damage in the long run. Nature works but our society is so detached from nature it has lost its way.

Sorry for the long explanation, i get all this higher energy in the morning that needs to be expressed.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, pluto said:

I know this from experience, i used to buy organic oranges then pick the ones from my tree and eat them directly, the energy and aliveness i felt from the ones on my tree compared to the ones i bought from the store felt like i was on a higher level planet eating their fruit.

I experienced something similar a couple days ago! After helping out a local farmer, I picked and ate some of his spinach directly. I could almost taste the qi... :D

Also kind of random, but I also noticed recently the difference between satiation and fullness. Eating a high-nutrient-dense meal like a fresh salad is incredibly satiating, but not filling. Conversely, eating a ton of cooked food is nice and filling, but not as satiating. 

@moon777light Another idea for you is the salad-in-the-mason-jar trick. Basically, stack greens and chopped vegetables in layers in a mason jar, and top it off with a lemon or lime. Put dressing in a separate jar, and add it when you're ready to eat. They last for around three days in the fridge, so you'd only need to do two batches per week. You can do the same thing with oats - stick them in the fridge overnight with some water, raw apple cider vinegar, and toppings of choice, and you have yourself an instant breakfast in the morning. 

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

54 minutes ago, jjer94 said:

Also kind of random, but I also noticed recently the difference between satiation and fullness. Eating a high-nutrient-dense meal like a fresh salad is incredibly satiating, but not filling. Conversely, eating a ton of cooked food is nice and filling, but not as satiating.

Well said!

B R E A T H E

Why do I feel so good on 1000 calories of fruit (1500 at the most)? What's going on there @pluto?

I felt like I was on the wrong planet when you said 5000 caloriesO.o I do cultivate love every second of the day through continuous blessings, the urine probably has cleaned my intestines thoroughly plus that is also high in chi, you tell me.

I've always believed that I could be a breatherian if I desired it, and maybe this belief has created this reality overtime :)

Edited by Solace

@Solace Most people my friend. 3D living as we are in (Health, Fitness, Nutrition) section so i refrain from conversing higher dimensional living here. I will reply directly in PM to your questions.

One meal a day also makes the body far more efficient so that is also another thing to take note. If you supplement with stuff like spirulina and other nutrient/mineral rich powerhouses that also adds up and is not only fruit alone.

All the best <3

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

My husband usually has some salad with avocado, cucumbers and salad leaves with backed or grilled chicken. Or we have fruit times to times

If you have a pressure cooker, you could cook all kinds of healthy Indian foods. They are available in the US too in local Indian stores. Explore those. :)

I recently had this:

I try to eat it with matta rice or mottaikarappan (red) rice, instead of basmati rice. Those rice have less carbs. Or, I mix up all 3 types of rice in the rice cooker, add a tsp of salt and Desi ghee for a yummy flavour. 

Note: I miss using the gas stoves in India--the ones that connect to gas cylinders that are delivered to your home. One reason is, you could turn it off immediately and the food stops cooking. On an electric stove, this doesn't happen.

@moon777light I like rice with curry and chili and other anti-inflammatory spices. Then you can add a stew with tomato sauce, garlic, beans and whatever else you like.