Zweistein

Spiral Dynamics - green, yellow and turquoise

27 posts in this topic

I love the concept of Spiral Dynamics. Can we discuss how we can all become more green, yellow and turquoise? (I know the world doesn't need anything :P and we don't need to do anything either :D).... BUT, I'm currently reading a book by Bea Johnson "Zero waste home" - and it is very inspiring! It's about minimalism, how we can produce less waste and live a happier life. I'm also learning about social entrepreneurship and would encourage everyone to do so. There are more and more start-ups in Europe using this kind of "business" concept putting people and environment first -instead of maximizing profits.

@Zweistein Keep spiral dynamics to a model of understanding humans socially and economically, but it’s not so much a tool to develop consciousness. Look to the practices for that. Other than that, the changes in realization / consciousness you’re looking for are rooted in letting go of the beliefs of physicality, and a physical you and universe. Psychadelics can be useful to get a glimpse of what ‘higher colors’ are like as default consciousness states. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

So, you say spiral dynamics is not a tool to develop consciousness? Hmm, is that true? 9_9 
I wonder if Leo gets paid for featuring certain psychadelics :ph34r:  No, I didn't say that. Of course, he doesn't. He is a genius! 
I'm living in the now, in some sort of meditative state - glimpsing the Absolute several hundred times a day (without any drugs), observing my thoughts and actions constantly. I'm completely aware that I'm all and nothing at the same time. And I'm not looking for anything. I don't need anything anymore either. 

So, thanks to Leo, I guess we all understand (more or less) that we humans are stuck as prisoners in our heads (in our thoughts and believes that we think we know something =matrix) and the way out of this prison, which was given to us by Leo in form of a cake (his thoughts/believes) with a hidden file (insight), is the following thought/believe (cake) that will get us through the security checkpoint: that all this knowlegde, all these thoughts/believes and insights don't actually help us escaping the matrix as they keep us stuck inside our heads with even more thoughts. It's like we are addicted to thoughts to gain more and more knowledge, but all this knowledge doesn't help us anything. They only way out is to stop thinking (kill your knowledge graph) and start feeling instead. Feel you are alive by breathing, tasting, smelling, hearing, seeing the world around you ... and with that I suggest that we are almost back to beige in the Spiral Dynamics concept. Strange Loop.

Edited by Zweistein
making it more clear I hope ?

Leo, you know about the butterfly effect and utilitarism, right? Can you question your point system? ?

So, killing our knowledge graph is a short cut to enlightenment, but should we therefore skip levels green, yellow, turquoise in the spiral dynamics concept?

Edited by Zweistein

@Zweistein spiral-dynamic-image.jpg

7 hours ago, Zweistein said:

but should we therefore skip levels green, yellow, turquoise in the spiral dynamics concept?

15 hours ago, Zweistein said:

Feel you are alive by breathing, tasting, smelling, hearing, seeing the world around you ... and with that I suggest that we are almost back to beige in the Spiral Dynamics concept. Strange Loop.

Just to note: I am a noob, I've never tripped and I'm far from comprehension or enlightenment. I also speak from a Materialist view. (Materialism is all I know from exp)

Beige is basic and automatic but in a lizard/primal sense. Not in an empathetic/loving Human/Buddha/Turquoise sense. We don't want to skip stages, one can't anyhow, we can only travel up through the stages, learning and developing as we go. Each stage being vital to gaining the knowledge acquired to transcend itself and go up. 

I don't think it is a full circle / strange loop back to Beige. Back Down to Beige. Ultimately one is Awake the whole time as they learn and move upwards, but only by the latter stages do we become conscious of this. I see it as one becomes more conscious as they go up through the stages (gaining knowledge is becoming more conscious/aware of the workings of everything) 

Leo spoke of killing the knowledge graph to see/find the truth of reality. But one doesn't want to destroy/lose all their knowledge . . . Like @Nahm said Spiral Dynamics is just a model to understand the patterns of human consciousness growth allowing one to guide themselves through their journey. Monkey language is extremely limited and one can't comprehend reality with such limited knowledge, which is what science and philosophy attempt. Most insights are a Feeling/Knowing. Feeling is knowing. Labels don't and can't do reality justice. One cannot count to God because God isn't a number.

I think one can learn to Be and be at peace by not understanding, by lacking knowledge. But one needs knowledge to get to the stages of true comprehension. We are conceptual creatures and to transcend that we have to use concepts . .  right? I think it is probably rare for one to go into Being without first reading or hearing about it somewhere. I haven't done any psychedelics so I unno :P 

From my materialist view point I see it as important not to simply Be Enlightened and stuck at a stage. Otherwise one isn't going to be able to grow and help other sentient beings with their suffering. Yellow and eventually Turquoise is the goal for Intelligent Life on Earth. I'm pretty sure Turquoise would be labelled as Full on Buddha Bro :P  

Anyone wants to school me . . please do :) 

@CharlotteYeeeeeaah Girl :P 

Edited by SoothedByRain

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@SoothedByRain I wrote: "I suggest" and "that we are ALMOST back to beige...." implying that it's not exactly the same of course.
And yes, I like to question concepts, haha. ;-) Think about it, beige is pure instinct. Not much thinking at all. The focus is on the senses - like in meditation, you are "back" to just be present and you are not caught up in thoughts.

I like the Spiral Dynamics concept a lot actually, because if you know about it, you have a chance to raise your consciousness quicker - if you want to, I guess. And yes, as you move up the spiral, you wouldn't dare to go back down once you have moved up. I'm just wondering whether anyone around here feels like he/she has arrived or glimpsed at green and/or yellow? If so, let's talk more about narcissism, collective ego, ethics, utilitarism, systemic and holistic thinking, integration and flow, preservation, .... If not, that's fine, too. As I said, I don't need anything. I'm as happy as I can be - after all I'm breathing and I'm alive. B| 

Haha, I'm still quite evil and manipulative B|, but that's so tough to minimize.... lol. I still need some stimulation sometimes... :D but I don't need approval, fame or success anymore. I'm just being a bit proactive here  (maybe not very strategic), but intuitively working towards my vision: a better world with less suffering. 

So, Leo - I tried to send you this as message, but it didn't go through. Since youtube is demonetizing videos nowadays, I'm assuming that you need to re-adjust your business model a bit. But before you decide to go and live in the woods after your 30-day meditation challenge, I would consider a re-adjusted life purpose with focus in philantrophy and/or effective altruism. So, I'm appealing to your minimized ego and big picture thinking. We love you as a good role model, Leo! You can leave the orange state behind, right? And you can skip the negative issues of green also and jump right to yellow. Look at what yellow people do and you know what to do.

Namaste, bro!

So last week, our company started this workplace psychology thing called Management Drive. They asked anyone who likes to do the a long test and see what category they are at. You can download their app and after you do the test they will send you all these information about your drives, your states of mind, your weakness, strength, what colours you work well, what colours you might have tensions with ,.... .

I did the test. And right after i got the results, I realised this is Spiral Dynamics, just re framed for a corporate company.

And my colour is a big yellow.

So this cannot be correct. there is no way i have reached the stage yellow. I haven't even reached stage green yet . They also said i have a bit of Green and a bit of Red in me. 

I think I kind of hacked the system and the answers. 

Have yo guys have done any legitimate test and got weird results? 

Nice - I'm not surprised. Just googled it: http://www.managementdrives-uk.com/Yellow/Default.aspx
I guess Leo's lectures have tought you a lot ;-)

There are many consulting businesses out there that are making money with spiral dynamics. It helps tremendously with marketing if you know how your customers think.

@Zweistein Yes, I have changed a lot since two years ago, when i started following Leo, reading good books and implementing certain habits and practises in my life. But i'm still not a yellow. Im most likely at stage Orange. I probably knew how to hack the test. Also, who knows how accurate it is. I am going to have a one to one with the head psychologist , and im planning to bring this up, and the whole Spiral Dynamics and see how he responds. And yeah,  they are making a lot of money. But they are actually teaching people how to deal with themselves and with each other , so I think they are doing some good for the company and the individuals in it. Most people have never touched a psychology book before in their life, so this is at least something. 

@Samra: Yeah - that will be interesting to see how the head psychologist responds. Please tell us :-)

Actually, it sounds like an interesting topic to explore - the companies that earn a lot of money with spiral dynamics, which tier and meme would they fall into?

Green — Create a noble life purpose, learn about holism, sustainability, cosmopolitanism, pluralism, and altruism.

Yellow — become enlightened and learn how to create systems to change systems sustainably — this will enable you to become a Sage with an individualist bent — the teacher, right.  Yoda.

Turquoise — become a benevolent Sun of influence within a synergistic network of Perspectives, where influence is going in all directions in the network — Turquoise is the manta ray.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 hours ago, Ether said:

Oof, another ego game.

Of course, Ether! It's so much fun to watch these - it's addictive isn't it? 

And I mean look at all these needy posts I made, desperately searching for like-minded people.  Lol. 

Edited by Zweistein

@Zweistein it was quite interesting. He obviously knew a lot about spiral dynamics, but he tried to stir me away from it. For good reasons ( they don't want to say one colour is better than other). He said their Drives are based on Spiral Dynamics , but it's not the same. It's a circular shape rather than spiral. Meaning that no drive is better than another. It's just dependent on circumstances that one drive does better than others in different societies. For instance, UK is mainly green and blue. Us is Orange and blue. China is purple and yellow. Etc. He said although you can go through personality development in your lifetime (spiral dynamics), your drive won't change that much. So my main drive yellow ( dreamer , future oriented) and second green ( caring) third red ( decisive) .for example It means my main drive is not money or success, rather it's freedom and fun , then people, then action and speed. And every company and every team needs all drives for different reasons. For example , our company has a lot of greens ( people care about each others needs and feelings, very British) , and very few reds ( aggressive decision makers ) and while that seems awesome at first, it can become a problem. Because at crunch times, we are at lost cause we don't have a lot of aggressive decision makers. Yellows are too much of a day dreamers sometimes, but they are also super future oriented and creative. Blues are past oriented and discipline. The combo will have hard time getting along, but they also compliment each other. Also a yellow can learn discipline even if  she doesn't like it or it's not natural to her. Same with blue. All of this reminded me of something Alan Watts used to say. Too many saints or enlighten people , or too many scientists is not a good thing. It becomes like a cancer. You want a mix. And you need to accept everyone, and bring the best out of them. This doesn't mean you can't develop through different stages of personality and become turquoise or what not. That's a whole other thing I guess. Thanks for checking!

Edited by Samra