Spinoza

Explanation of Non Duality

18 posts in this topic

Hi, lately i read a lot about non duality, i don't fully understand it, where i can find content to understand it clearly

I understand (little bit) its meaning, but i can't realize it

Thanks

Explanations of nonduality have no meaning :)

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, Spinoza said:

Hi, lately i read a lot about non duality, i don't fully understand it, where i can find content to understand it clearly

Thanks

I tried to explain it in about 5 minutes:

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

Thanks @eputkonen I just saw the video, great insights, if we hurt beings, we are hurting ourselves indirectly, i believe everything that is happening in the universe, influence us indirectly, we are all connected

I think our mind see the world as dual to be more organized to protect the body but unfortunately we are deep into these illusions we take them as truth. this protection mechanism become itself a source of suffering

@Faceless this is why i'm asking (i'm aware that my question may not make sense) but i guess you understand my question, i just want to learn more.

I remember someone in the forum said you can't explain it, you have to experience it, of course words can't fully describe it but we can't also minimise communication and this is what we are doing in the forum 

e.g: I could understand the illusion of free will just by reading about it, then i realized that by observation, it helped me to see why free will doesn't exist

it's hard to write a post without being dualistic :D

6 hours ago, Spinoza said:

Thanks

Practices including very deep self inquiry until you literally realize you are all there is, Alone, and Infinite, beyond all dualities. There is no other entity, being, or thing. 

The path to realizing is letting go of everything. You created it all, including the path ‘back’.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Mikael89 To you, every person is maya, don’t depend on a word anyone says. Every word ever said or written is not true.  The earth could be round, could be flat, also doesn’t exist, and appears to exist - it doesn’t matter. Doubt is a word for thinking. The realization will not come from thinking. Inquire to see what is delusion, and what is True.  Truth is silent, and incommunicable. It is mind bending, until your mind lessens, and begins to subside, then is gone. Like overthinking subsides in proper meditation, and is gone, and awareness is, you are.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

In my opinion even when we realise nonduality (if i understand it well), it can help you to not take life issue seriously and not overthink, but you will still live in the dual illusionary world, you will still have to follow society rule and pay internet bill. 

If you really look at the experience of life as non dual, you won't talk no more, won't eat, won't look for happiness, and won't do anything since you are aware that no words can describe anything, all effort are done to achieve an illusion and everything is mind creation.

first you will look so crazy, after some days you will die

it seems impossible to exist/live out of the illusion

This may not be for everyone but...

All practices are movements of concentration and imply duality which inevitably leads to illusion/deception. 

Everything “you” the self does implies division/duality. Practices will only perpetuate duality therefore are acts of ego/self. 

Any movement to understand/realize nonduality is this direction will always be a movement of duality therefore not non duality. 

To end duality actually in ones self implies nonduality.

If the doer “a movement of duality” is attempting realize “nonduality” then that is a movement of contradiction. Because the doer is the doing...There is no division between the doer and the doing. It’s one and the same process. If one moves in that grove then that is an escape of what is and implies fear, pleasure, and contradiction. And to escape chasing the illusion of psychological security always leads to psychological insecurity. This is a means of escape. This is disorder. 

If one really wants to live a timeless life, then there must be a negation of all dualistic/divisive movements of self/thought. Thought must be understood completely. 

Investigate how the the self/thought always moves in a dualistic, fragmented, and mechanical way. Understand the nature of fear and the compulsion to escape that fear “what is.” See the subtle ways in which fear will influence every movement one makes. See how subtle the self/thought moves. Learn about yourself. And in the understanding of yourself you are free from what is “duality” 

Or one can get caught up in the game of fear and contradiction for the rest of there lives. 

Your choice:)

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, Spinoza said:

In my opinion even when we realise nonduality (if i understand it well), it can help you to not take life issue seriously and not overthink, but you will still live in the dual illusionary world, you will still have to follow society rule and pay internet bill. 

If you really look at the experience of life as non dual, you won't talk no more, won't eat, won't look for happiness, and won't do anything since you are aware that no words can describe anything, all effort are done to achieve an illusion and everything is mind creation.

first you will look so crazy, after some days you will die

it seems impossible to exist/live out of the illusion

The assumptions you are making apply at a certain level of consciousness, but not at a higher or deeper level. Suggest you read "A Brief History of Everything" by Ken Wilber.

Edited by dorg

@dorg I will take a look at it, thanks for the sharing

The description is never the described. 

The more you accumulate various ideas, concepts, theory’s, and move in a dualistic direction, the less chance one has at ending duality. 

You need no explanation. You need to read and understand the manual of yourself. 

With diligent awareness of that understanding is freedom from duality. 

Edited by Faceless

17 minutes ago, Faceless said:

The description is never the described. 

The more you accumulate various ideas, concepts, theory’s, and move in a dualistic direction, the less chance one has at ending duality. 

You need no explanation. You need to read and understand the manual of yourself. 

With diligent awareness of that understanding is freedom from duality. 

Just ending duality is not the whole story.

Ok 

But you might want to explore that a little more in depth:)

I have. And that is the whole story. Very well put in Ken's book.

Edited by dorg

@dorg

48 minutes ago, dorg said:

Just ending duality is not the whole story.

JUST ?? 

Be carful not to go beyond where one has not yet began. Watch that duality. It will get ya. 

Its very sneaky:ph34r:

Edited by Faceless

That was just paraphrasing your post.

"All is One", "I AM", "This IS" is are dualities, as I'm using words. Non-duality to me when you become immovable in response to whatever duality arises in each moment. To remain in a state of love towards any thought, any feeling, or any circumstance. Experiencing oneness then becomes inevitable. No matter what your experience of life is, love is always here. Whether you are happy, sad, frustrated, or are experiencing absolute infinity, love is always here.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Practicality 

Simple explanation: Probably you are using your right side of the body if you are right handed and viceversa if you are left handed. Basically this is duality.

To escape duality you have to start pumping energy from your breath and open up the body/mind until one is able to use both sides of the body in sync. Using only one side of the body is about 4% of brain capacity, the other 96% are a consequence of using the whole synchronized body/mind.