Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ether

Would you recommend me to take AD's to stimulate dopamine?

31 posts in this topic

I cant feel anything but calmness. I have no happiness, inner peace or joy, pleasure. Nothing. Would you recommend me to take Anti-Depressants to stimulate dopamine (pleasure)?

If they give me tons of side effects, I will leave it though.

Try herbal/natural remedies first, you can severely damage your body and brain with pharmaceuticals. My mum used to be a happy, joyful, loving, passionate person and after 2 years of anti-deprresent drugs they completely robbed her of her personality, she was having mood swings, always angry, careless, little to no connection to her spirit/self it was like they made her a zombie.

Took me 5 years of healthy eating and lifestyle advice and natural regenerative/adaptogenic herbs and other vitamins/minerals to help her recover a bit but still she is not completely the same which saddens me deeply :/

B R E A T H E

@pluto Yeah, I dropped off my last AD's. But the only reason I want to try new ones is because I cant feel anything. I want it to stimulate my dopamine. If it get to tricky, I leave.

Any examples or herbal\natural remidies?

Edited by Ether
a

@pluto YEah, i think dopamine blocks are from suppressing emotions and numbing them with medication.

Im going to talk with my doctor about using a non-suppressing medication

Just now, Nahm said:

@Ether Start taking good care of yourself. 

Already do that.

Exercise and baths help me relax but I dont really feel pleasure.

Well, after doing exercise I felt pleasure for 4 seconds haha

@Ether  What time do you fall asleep, and what time do you wake up? How much do you drink or use drugs? How much thinking do you have? How much of it is resistent? Do you exercise in the morning? Daily morning meditation? Once, twice? For how many days in a row, and for how many minutes? What % of your diet is raw food? Are you eating meat, sugar, stuff with preservatives etc? Burgers, pizza, tacos or fruits, nuts, veggies, stuff? Are you taking time to self inquire, self discover? Are you cooped up indoors 24/7 - or getting some time in nature? Have you been on retreats? Have you spent days alone? What are you listening to, thinking about, believing in - as to where are you getting your inspiration & motivation? What do you really want to do in this life? Have you written it on a wall and worked backwards to make the steps small, easy, simple, and enjoyable? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm What time do you fall asleep, and what time do you wake up?

22:30, 5 or 6 am

How much do you drink or use drugs?

None to both

How much thinking do you have?

30%

How much of it is resistent?

No resistance in my body but not relaxed all the time.

Do you exercise in the morning?

Only 2 times a week, for PE.

Daily morning meditation?

I dont meditate, like, sit and close eyes but Im present all the time, so, I guess I do meditate.

For how many days in a row, and for how many minutes? 

All the time

What % of your diet is raw food? Are you eating meat, sugar, stuff with preservatives etc? 

Sometimes I eat fruits but mostly unhealthy food

9 minutes ago, Ether said:

Sometimes I eat fruits but mostly unhealthy food

Change that. Take better care of yourself. Do this for the life you really want. 

9 minutes ago, Ether said:

Only 2 times a week, for PE.

Everyday. 

“ dont meditate, like, sit and close eyes but Im present all the time, so, I guess I do meditate.

For how many days in a row, and for how many minutes? 

All the time”

This is the core, or deepest part of your ‘problem’. You’ve fooled yourself. (We’ve all done it, not trying to be a dick.) Sometimes the ego thinks it has mastered things and is done, but you are infinite & eternal, and relativity is everychanging. There is no such thing as done. You are expanding whether you’re aware of it or not. Keep up with that expansion. The way you want to feel, 24/7 - it’s right on the other side of that. Don’t be too good for the practices man. 

Take better care of yourself by taking your definition of “taking better care of yourself” and throwing it in the garbage. Let a new, a bigger, a better meaning arise for “take better care of yourself”.

A good diet, sunlight, socializing with friends, not sitting so much, a strong meditation practice are some of the fundamentals of being human. You're missing some :)

edit: also nature

Edited by thehero

@Nahm Yes, what I meant is, I didnt mean im present all the time, just that im aware all the time.

Well, I cant really control what my dad puts in the table to eat

@thehero Yes but what can I do to reactivate my emotions?

@Ether Thought about making money & eating whatever you want? Food & meditation are foundational. No wonder you’re not surfing the edge like your heart desires. Why you holdin out on yourself man? 

@Nahm I feel calm all the time. Its unconditional. Its just that i dont feel pleasure, high energy, joy, happiness, etc.

Im ready to put 100% but im taking a break from meditation.

@Ether I do this daily to boost my levels of dopamine.

-  sunlight or artificial light box exposure.

- drink coffee

- take tyrosine

- Listen to my favorite music (even better, dance)

If you are anything like me this will allow you to reliably reach levels of happiness that you likely have not experienced in years if ever. 

Some possible side effects

- sunlight/ lightbox can trigger a bipolar reaction if your circadian rhythm is out of wack

- Coffee can interfere with sleep and cause anxiety. Take countermeasures to these, or cease caffeine intake

- Tyrosine will work great at first at 500mg, then the effect will wear off. Then you need to double it. Then you will need to increase the dose again still. It also needs to be taken at least twice a day. If you suddenly stop taking tyrosine you will experience the symptoms you are describing your first post. Anhedonia. Things that used to give you pleasure will stop giving you pleasure, motivation will stop etc.

- Music, try to avoid excessively sad, angry, or pessimistic music. Even music that will trigger you to think about things that make you uncomfortable.

Also, combine with some positive affirmations and you have a recipe for some pretty positive emotions.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

More Dopamine?

Connecting orange with red ;) ...and so on.

6 hours ago, Quanty said:

More Dopamine?

Connecting orange with red ;) ...and so on.

Im on pills but my dad said I had to wait a week to see the effects, so lets wait