Highest

Difficulty understanding you are God

13 posts in this topic

Leo said it, Meher Baba claimed to be God in human form, the Vedanta says You are Brahman (God), the Sufis say God and the soul are One and the same. I know you have to experience it to fully understand it. But let us have a try. What does it actually mean that you are the God? Does it mean that God made himself a finite being with the possibility to know itself, or did we become finite to experience ourselves when we actually are God? How is it even possible, what does it really mean and entail? I have a difficulty getting my mind around it, it's a profound thing. Would appreciate any help to try and understand it. 

It's easier to explain using a metaphor.

What do you call a wave on the ocean?

The ocean.

The wave is separate only conceptually.

God = ocean; "you" = wave.

Edited by Haumea

@Highest Yep. You’re God alright. Nonduality. There is not two. If there is, in appearance, that’s illusionary. The actual Truth, really is, there is only God, no illusion. The creator of all. And you are that. To realize this, you have to Be without belief, and without a concept of self. Prior to this realization, it is not believable, or understandable. Nonduality can’t be communicated, inherently. Only direct experience, until complete collapse of duality of the Self & God, will do. 

Just for clarity sake, let me state again, this is not believable. So, I am acknowledging, it is not possible, to believe this. It is not possible, to understand this either. Only to realize. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Leo misunderstands awakening experiences of oneness for God, he thinks absolute oneness is God, however oneness is not God.

From monotheistic (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) perspective any awakening experience of oneness do not imply that you are God or that God is everything. In monotheism, oneness of being is oneness of being, but it is not God, because being is not God, everything is not God, oneness is not God, nothing is God, only God is God. Human and being are one(ness), while God transcends being, oneness and everything else. In monotheism, being is created by God for himself, and controlled by God, but God is not being.

Here's proof: if God is being, and you are God, then why the hell you need things like: faith, prayer, God's laws, religious rituals, obedience to God, fearing  God, being slave to God, religion, revelations, prophets, holy scriptures, Bible, church, heaven, hell, beliefs, and even idea of God? Awakening to oneness of being and realising that you are oneness does not need any of these things. Buddha didn't need anything for that other than meditating. Hence they all are total illusion and nonsense and falsehood if you are God and if being is God because there is no reason to believe in God if it is right in front of you and if it is you. No reason to obey God as the highest authority, if this authority is you. There is no single reason to have faith in something which you can experience and which obviously exists and can be seen. Just like there is no reason to believe in your table because table is right there, why do you need to believe in something which is right there? This is a good place to start research.

Edited by Monkey-man

16 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

From monotheistic (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) perspective any awakening experience of oneness do not imply that you are God or that God is everything.

Jesus said, "I and my father are one". 

He didn't mean that you and the father and the Divine are separate. When he said `I', every `I' is represented. Whenever `I' exists, that `I' and the Divine is one. But it can be misunderstood, and both Jews and Christians misunderstood. Even Christians misunderstood, because they say he was the only begotten son of God, the only begotten son, so that no one else can claim that he also is a son of God.

When Al-Hillaj Mansoor became enlightened and declared: “Ana’l haq — I am the truth.” And Mohammedans cannot forgive anybody saying this. Only god is truth. Calling yourself truth, you are indirectly calling yourself God. His Master, al-Junaid, tried to persuade him in many ways -- 'Don't say these things! Keep them inside you, because the people won't understand it and you will be getting into trouble unnecessarily!' 

Abrahamic religions can't tolerate a person who is enlightened. 

@Prabhaker coz abrahamic religions are not about enlightenment per se. Enlightenment can happen to you through them but it’s not the ultimate goal and main idea of these religions. And again you don’t need to believe in God for enlightenment, you don’t need religion and scriptures and faith and prayers for that. If you are God then you are praying to yourself, what the hell! How can you even pray to yourself? Can’t you see so many contradictions. Moreover, if reality is impersonal then how can you pray to something which is impersonal? How can impersonal respond to your prayers. And why you even need to pray for enlightenment? Enlightenment doesn’t require prayer. Jesus didn’t mean that he is one with reality/being, he didn’t mean reality/being by God, no one would care about him if he was one with reality because there were tones of mystics in that times who were enlightened and were one with reality. I’m only telling this because I also had same view in past so I understand your misunderstanding. It requires research.

Why do you want to believe that? 

Edited by Faceless

coz abrahamic religions are not about enlightenment per se. Enlightenment can happen to you through them but it’s not the ultimate goal and main idea of these religions.

They are not about enlightenment per se, because enlightenment is a statistically rare occurence, so why confuse the matter for those who aren't ready for it anyway? 

Edited by Haumea

5 hours ago, Monkey-man said:

@Prabhaker coz abrahamic religions are not about enlightenment per se. Enlightenment can happen to you through them but it’s not the ultimate goal and main idea of these religions. 

What do you think the main idea or goal is then? (Of these religions)

And again you don’t need to believe in God for enlightenment, you don’t need religion and scriptures and faith and prayers for that. If you are God then you are praying to yourself, what the hell! How can you even pray to yourself? Can’t you see so many contradictions. 

Retrace your beliefs. The truth will set you free. Like, who told you about God, what did they say, did you believe them, how did they know, how do you know. I’m not against praying, but what ever led you to believe that when you are praying, there is a God being prayed to? 

Moreover, if reality is impersonal then how can you pray to something which is impersonal?

Sit, or kneel, and say stuff while believing another entity exists and is listening to what you’re saying. You’re free to call that personal or impersonal. Who could tell you you’re wrong? 

How can impersonal respond to your prayers.

That’s a really great question to contemplate. 

And why you even need to pray for enlightenment?

Another good one to contemplate. 

Enlightenment doesn’t require prayer. Jesus didn’t mean that he is one with reality/being, he didn’t mean reality/being by God, no one would care about him if he was one with reality because there were tones of mystics in that times who were enlightened and were one with reality.

Inquiry is a powerful tool. I’d inquire all of that...did Jesus tell you any of this, have you read the Bible, are you aware Jesus meditated and preached meditation to his disciples? Why would you think you know what Jesus meant, when you’ve never seen him or heard a word from him?  What led you to believe there were tons of enlightened mystics back then? Did you experience that, or did you experience reading and hearing about it? Is there a difference to you?

I’m only telling this because I also had same view in past so I understand your misunderstanding. It requires research.

You might have done more than ample research, to a fault even. Self inquiry is worthwhile. “The kingdom of heaven is within” is a solid one liner. I don’t know who said it. Solid though. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Awaken and you will experience being everything and having the ability to influence everything in a supernatural way. 

@Monkey-man

Faith, obeying, and being a slave to God are prerequisites if you want to surrender to God.

In prayer, you talk to your true nature which is God. In prayer, the Darkness wants to return home into the Light and with this surrender happens and Light awakens the Darkness - so it's possible to pray to oneself.

Revelations, prophets, holy scriptures, and the Bible show the way to surrender.

Heaven is the state of no-self, hell is right here. Every day is judgment day.

Religion and church are not needed, they turn things inside out.

Edited by Torkys

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.