Taylor04

Sorry, I Think Leo's Mostly Ego Decorating

27 posts in this topic

Sorry to sound negative, and I don't mean to be rude or anything. Being new, I apologize if I'm not hitting proper decorum, or post this in the wrong category or something like that. But I just had this on my mind since first seeing a actualized.org video years ago. I do like Leo and his work a lot. I think this site and the videos are an impressive achievement in terms of collecting and conveying information. But all of this talk about blending with the cosmos is really just ego decoration. If you meditate long and hard enough, your mind will be able to do these party tricks. This has nothing to do with enlightenment.

How do you think it should be?

At least Leo is honestly saying that he is a seeker and that's good enough!

48 minutes ago, Taylor04 said:

If you meditate long and hard enough, your mind will be able to do these party tricks. This has nothing to do with enlightenment.

wait, what do you mean by "party tricks" and "enlightenment"? do you believe enlightenment is real or do you believe enlightenment is a party trick? i dont get what youre trying to say.

Thanks for the responses. I will reply as well as I can.

1 hour ago, cirkussmile said:

How do you think it should be?

At least Leo is honestly saying that he is a seeker and that's good enough!

I think one should not be trying to achieve things for the self. Honestly admitting to being a seeker has merit. But it is just like to being a money seeker on wall street. It is an ego desire. An achievement to decorate the self with, like a boat. Wanting a boat is good enough. It's not spirituality.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

wait, what do you mean by "party tricks" and "enlightenment"? do you believe enlightenment is real or do you believe enlightenment is a party trick? i dont get what youre trying to say.

Sure, I will try to define both terms. By "party tricks" I mean funky little experiences of altered consciousness that make you feel like you're on LSD, and make your ego think you're progressing towards some holier state. By "enlightenment" I would understand experiencing the natural state that humans had before the agricultural revolution (probably, or when humans fell from the natural state). I.e. a state without concern for the self or making this self anything. In that sense I believe enlightenment is real, but it is nothing "you" can achieve, because by seeking you're already moving in the other direction of strengthening the ego.

Everyone and everything in your reality is there to teach you something either by helping you or distracting you. How you react and apply is all that matters to how well you evolve.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

If someone else's path doesn't make sense to you, that's ok because we are meant to go on our own path. If we decide to go deeper, sometimes along the journey, that's when the profound stuff happens to us when we least expect it. Don't forget to go for your foundation. Otherwise, your Maslow could turn upside down, and you didn't realize it, and so much time and effort was spent going on a tangent. 

Are you human or aware that you are human? 

You're not human, you're the universe

But all of this talk about blending with the cosmos is really just ego decoration. 

I mean funky little experiences of altered consciousness that make you feel like you're on LSD, and make your ego think you're progressing towards some holier state.

In my experience, it's an inevitable part of the awakening process, so Leo is not exempt or immune from it and neither is virtually anyone else.

As long as there is an I-thought (i.e. the little "I"), it will attach itself to thoughts, feelings, desires, etc. and identify with them.

Seeking is by nature an egocentric process.  The mind usually dissolves in stages, so you are clinging to something all the way to sahaja.

Even between 1000 and sahaja there's a deconditioning and integration process taking place which still feels like you're not fully done.

Edited by Haumea

9 hours ago, Taylor04 said:

But all of this talk about blending with the cosmos is really just ego decoration.

Yes, it is ego decoration but we need some spiritual ego to carry on a spiritual journey.

Each Perspective has a unique thought-story or conceptual system about what Enlightenment is.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

A System For Becoming A Sage:

Aim for the Enlightened Stage Yellow Growth Level: The Enlightened Systems-Thinker.

700s stage.

I spent 5 days in it.

It's better than the previous stage, but you don't get to experience the glory of Don't Know Mind that you eventually get at 1000.

If you get to 700s, you are accelerating quickly, so there's no reason not to say "hi" and be on your way promptly.

"Don't Know Mind" is the bees knees; compared to it all previous stages pale by comparison.

Edited by Haumea

@Taylor04 I think yours is a valuable observation. Always good to spot ego where there's ego. As you suggested though, this doesn't invalidate actualized.org - a useful resource nonetheless!

Edited by Stretch

Ego is THE companion for enlightenment because the ego's deepest and most hidden desire is enlightenment. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

On 5/19/2018 at 0:35 PM, Haumea said:

700s stage.

I spent 5 days in it.

It's better than the previous stage, but you don't get to experience the glory of Don't Know Mind that you eventually get at 1000.

If you get to 700s, you are accelerating quickly, so there's no reason not to say "hi" and be on your way promptly.

"Don't Know Mind" is the bees knees; compared to it all previous stages pale by comparison.

@Haumea Is this according to the whole David Hawkins scale thing? Find it difficult to believe in the validity of assigning numerical values to levels of consciousness. Interested in hearing your take on this and why you put your trust in it.

@Taylor04 There is actually a post on this in Leo's blog. He mentioned that he was wrong in many of his old videos. 

This video, for example, and many other ones related to success. 

and many other ones. 

But I think if you go telling people that you are nothing, give up your ego, there is nothing to be achieved...., they will likely kill you :D

On 5/19/2018 at 2:33 AM, pluto said:

Everyone and everything in your reality is there to teach you something either by helping you or distracting you. How you react and apply is all that matters to how well you evolve.

Good point. Thank you.

(Out of curiosity: how does distracting me teach me something?)

1 hour ago, Taylor04 said:

Good point. Thank you.

(Out of curiosity: how does distracting me teach me something?)

Even the distractions can teach you and make you wiser yes, many ways distractions can teach you but ultimately to finally be aware and discard more and more of them that no longer serve you. The U niverse always gives you what you want, at the same time a distraction to see if you pass or fail the test. If you pass you evolve, if you fail you recirculate :)

That is one way out of the infinite ways it works, U work so it all works :)

Play well and Enjoy!

B R E A T H E

do you think you are human or do you think you are the universe?

these "party tricks" are natural consequences of linking up with every atom that constitutes reality

what do you expect to happen really?

really it depends what you mean by enlightenment, we might have different practices here

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!