Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Violina

My doubts about spiritual life

10 posts in this topic

I'm quite new in this forum however I've been interesting in spiritualism for many years. I started from meditation (I still struggle with my concentration), then read a lot of books, trying to practice mindfulness. 

A year ago I came across Huna. I liked idea involves our subconscious, conscious and superconscious mind and harmony between them. I liked the 7 principles like 

The world is what you think it is; There are no limits; Energy flows where attention goes; Now is the moment of power; To love is to be happy with (someone or something); The power comes from within; Effectiveness is the measure of truth.

Huna says that with your Higher Self (superconscious mind) your can bring into your life whatever you desire. You just have to pray, using your visualisation, etc and of course breathing deeply in order to gather ''mana'' (energy). 

Then I encountered this forum and brushed up on everything what I new before I found Huna. 

And now I have a lot of doubts. If I should be aware of my body, thoughts, everything, can I visualise, dream about something? How about goals? If I want to be for example musician, can I imagine myself as a musician? 

(PS) English it's not my native language, so I'm sorry for mistakes. 

Edited by Violina

I think the law of attraction takes you to the point where you no longer need the things that you need. for example, if you want to be a musician, then you can start feeling and thinking that you are already a musician that you no longer need or want to be a musician because you already are! and by getting rid of the need, you will feel happy even if you are not a musician because you no longer need to be a musician because you are happy without being a musician! Maybe you will attract something even better (by feeling happy). And I think what they mean by attraction, is changing the way you feel, therefore changing the way you act, therefore getting good results based on good actions based on good feelings.

Hello.

Of course visualization is a powerful tool. It can help you a lot.

But in order to be a good musician you have to practice a lot. Thousands of hours. There's no growth without practice.

It's technically impossible to become a good musician only by using visualization.

Practice.

Good luck.

Me on the road less traveled.

@Violina Lot of thought attached to meditation there btw. 

Don’t meditate to concentrate. Just be the breathe, let everything go. Let ‘you’ go. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 18/05/2018 at 8:54 AM, Violina said:

I'm quite new in this forum however I've been interesting in spiritualism for many years. I started from meditation (I still struggle with my concentration), then read a lot of books, trying to practice mindfulness. 

A year ago I came across Huna. I liked idea involves our subconscious, conscious and superconscious mind and harmony between them. I liked the 7 principles like 

The world is what you think it is; There are no limits; Energy flows where attention goes; Now is the moment of power; To love is to be happy with (someone or something); The power comes from within; Effectiveness is the measure of truth.

Huna says that with your Higher Self (superconscious mind) your can bring into your life whatever you desire. You just have to pray, using your visualisation, etc and of course breathing deeply in order to gather ''mana'' (energy). 

Then I encountered this forum and brushed up on everything what I new before I found Huna. 

And now I have a lot of doubts. If I should be aware of my body, thoughts, everything, can I visualise, dream about something? How about goals? If I want to be for example musician, can I imagine myself as a musician? 

(PS) English it's not my native language, so I'm sorry for mistakes. 

This is the first I've heard of Huna in this forum, which is nice because it was my first exposure to spirituality and I remember it left a very strong impression especially the principles, but I'm not so sure about them now especially the one about "effectiveness is the measure of truth"

@Pernani ''Effectiveness is the measure of truth'' there is not only one way to achieve your goals. There are many solutions. Hence if something does not work for you, you can always change it. 

For example I changed my way of breathing. Deep breathing or counting was very unnatural. 

BE AWARE that the world is what you think it is. Decide you have the power to succeed.

BE FREE because there are no limits. Give yourself the right to succeed.

BE FOCUSED because energy flows where attention goes. Increase your desire to succeed.

BE HERE because now is the moment of power. Start right now with a will to succeed.

BE HAPPY because love is the source of power. Enjoy and acknowledge the good that is.

BE CONFIDENT because all power comes from within. Always trust yourself.

BE POSITIVE because effectiveness is the measure of success. Always expect the best.

Hi Guys, I'm just reading again ''Mindfulness in plain English'' and more and more doubts become to my mind.

Author of this book Henelopa Gunaratana advises you to observe everything, what I've always tried to do that. However when you are angry or in a bad mood, you should still do nothing but observe. I can't even try to change negative thoughts to positive? Everyone knows that we can have impact on our  mood. We can teach our subconscious to behave in the different way. 

I'm afraid that if I start to observe everything, my life will become empty and sad, I will turn into a strange person - I would feel sorry for my partner. 

Do you have any experience with that?

(PS: Sorry for mistakes, English is not my native language).