Rilles

Dreams?

10 posts in this topic

I moved to a new place 6 years ago and cut ties with my old friends and Ive met alot of different friends since then. However I always have dreams that I meet two specific friends I used to hang out with and its really bugging me, I have NOTHING invested in them, I really dont care what they are up to but i still dream that I meet them all the time, is there something I need to reconcile with them, is my unconscious trying to tell me something?, we didnt cut ties on bad terms or anything. Thanks

Dont look at me! Look inside!

All of existence is a dream/hallucination/false construct, including your ideas, your thoughts, your beliefs, and the very idea of who you are and what the world is. You do not exist. So your dreams are just part of the whole, part of the dream that is this 'reality'. Your dreams are part of everything, which is nothingness. It has no meaning. 

20 minutes ago, Rilles said:

i still dream that I meet them all the time

There are so many desires unfulfilled. In dream you try to fulfill them, in dream you create a false feeling of fulfillment. 

How can I let go of this unconscious desire? 

@Rilles very interesting.. this happens to me too, 2 friends from middle school, they appear in my dreams every once in a while. I also have no contact to them too anymore

17 minutes ago, Rilles said:

How can I let go of this unconscious desire? 

Why let go of this desire? It seems very easy to fulfill. Go and hang out with them, no?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@Rilles unfortunately dreams can be so abstract and non - literal, it's pretty hard to answer this question. It's possible you could be fulfilling an unconscious desire, and it's possible that it means something completely abstract and has nothing to do with them at all. Then again it's possible it means absolutely nothing at all. 

Best way to find out is to learn to lucid dream. You have to ask the dream itself, because no one on here can answer this question. Create a conscious intention that next time they enter your dream, you confront them and ask what they represent. You can do this as a mantra before sleep, (which will also increase your chances of them appearing in the dream). technically you can do this without lucid dreaming, but the practice of learning to lucid dream will make it easier. 

@okuleleIts been 5 years, I doubt we have similar interests anymore, and besides i dont want to regress into my past, i have all of lot bad memories from my time with them, not induced by them though. Maybe i can get in touch over Facebook or something.

@starsofclay Wow, that seems like a cool idea, ill see if i can try that, ive lucid dreamed many times before.

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

@okuleleIts been 5 years, I doubt we have similar interests anymore, and besides i dont want to regress into my past, i have all of lot bad memories from my time with them, not induced by them though. Maybe i can get in touch over Facebook or something.

By struggling against your past you are struggling against yourself. Perhaps they keep appearing in your dreams/subconscious because you are consciously repressing a part of your life that you still consider to be negative. Have a look again, try writing down whatever comes to your mind when opening up for that part of your past or find some other way to properly work your way through it. Our dreams are a form of regressing, going back over things we havnt been paying proper attention to. We need to go back over our past to rid ourselves of false interpretations and find our way back to the now.

@Rilles i had the exact same thing happening. I went out of my way to find her phone number through my other friends and contacted her and after that the dreams stopped. Just like that and we just talked about how we were doing , nothing special but just that short chat made me peaceful again . we went back to no contacts again so don't worry you won't regress into your past that much.