Leo Gura

Cool Enlightenment Pic

156 posts in this topic

A pic I found on the web that reminded me of enlightenment.

Universum.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Haha that's Giordano Bruno from the cosmos' first episode. He realized in that scene that our planet is not the center of the universe. And that the god/universe is infinite. @Leo Gura you should watch cosmos if you haven't. Its the best documentary I ever watched.

Edited by Electron

Beautiful and famous pic. However, when I look at it, I get the impression that the artist just displays a otherworldly or heavenly realm - which is not the same as enlightenment. Would be interesting to know the story behind it and what the artist meant by it.

@Leo Gura Sticking ones head out of the gateless gate and smelling the roses of nature's existence, ha? Nice pic, dude.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

I have that hanging on my office wall. The artist is unknown. The color rendition is a recent edition to it's original engraving. My brother was an artist and did it free hand with a Sharpie. He literally spent days in his room doing the free hand. I think he must have entered into another realm when he was working on it. Haha. Here is an interesting fact about the artist Salvador Dali. It was said "He could enter into an altered state of consciousness by the obsessive contemplation of an object until it lost all association". 

On 3/9/2016 at 1:53 AM, Toby said:

Beautiful and famous pic. However, when I look at it, I get the impression that the artist just displays a otherworldly or heavenly realm - which is not the same as enlightenment. Would be interesting to know the story behind it and what the artist meant by it.

I doubt the artist had enlightenment in mind. It just struck me as a great allegory for enlightenment.

Artists often give leeway for the beholder to decide and see what she or he wishes. Hence Bruno may have been aware that perhaps there will be a guy named after a constellation making his own explanations to his art.

Bruno+Movie+Australian+Press+Conference+

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle

Loving the expression of the Sun there.... LOL 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Leo Gura

Just thought of something while looking at this pic. Can someone who is legally blind who is having an enlightenment experience see his or her own body and everything else around? From what I know, the answer is yes. (Also, depends on where the person is during enlightenment.) :)

A really nice piece of art showing direct experience of enlightenment is the Ecstasy of Saint Teresa by Gian Lorenzo Bernini. However, the author hardly knew anything about enlightenment so his execution is rather metaphorical.

56f072e9a1b6d_VidnsvatTeresie.thumb.jpg.

I suggest you search something about St. Teresa and her experience. I am pretty sure that she was enlightened, according to her writings. It is actually really interesting how she would describe something as ungraspable as enlightenment in that allegorical language of her era.

This gave me chills. I very much love the detail of thought that went in to creating the piece. I noted the size of the person in comparison to the houses, the many layers that flow through the darkness, and what seems like a heartbeat in the first layer. Thank you for sharing, Leo! 

Doing research on myself.... "What am I??"

djtjrjsrt.jpg

Found this yesterday. Makes me think of the "Brain in Vat" concept.

dn7t6z2n5ozw.jpg

Edited by ArabiaNytes

@ArabiaNytes That Pink Floyd one is great :D