moon777light

Why I stopped pursuing enlightenment

39 posts in this topic

Thoughts and opinions on this? Has it been shared in the group before?

I have no enlightenment experiences so i cant really judge but it sounds like he only scraped the tip of the iceberg of enlightenment 

??

He is referring to not continuing the movement towards psychological time:)

Edited by Faceless

This dude has a point. 

In my case IT hit me when i let IT go and i literally believed i am the greatest, the god almighty hahaha :) 

Edited by Quanty

@moon777light Great video. He affirms his growth and benefits from the consciousness work he did, meditations, nature walks, time alone to contemplate -  “healed emotionally, psychologically, & spiritually”, gained insights from psychedelics, did a retreat and gained more insight,  even mental equanimity. Awesome. Then gave up. 2 trips, 1 retreat, and quit. Enlightenment is about Truth. It is not escaping. Escaping, is escaping. He does not know what enlightenment is. He seems perfectly happy not to. I’m happy for him. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You find all by losing and letting be of all

B R E A T H E

10 hours ago, moon777light said:

it sounds like he only scraped the tip of the iceberg of enlightenment 

+1 I Agree.

23 hours ago, Faceless said:

??

He is referring to not continuing the movement towards psychological time:)

my goal in life one day is to understand your thoughts ;) Now i am too energy deprived haha

19 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nice post!

Thanks!!

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

@moon777light Great video. He affirms his growth and benefits from the consciousness work he did, meditations, nature walks, time alone to contemplate -  “healed emotionally, psychologically, & spiritually”, gained insights from psychedelics, did a retreat and gained more insight,  even mental equanimity. Awesome. Then gave up. 2 trips, 1 retreat, and quit. Enlightenment is about Truth. It is not escaping. Escaping, is escaping. He does not know what enlightenment is. He seems perfectly happy not to. I’m happy for him. 

A lesson alotta people on here should understand (including/especially me)

20 hours ago, Quanty said:

This dude has a point. 

In my case IT hit me when i let IT go and i literally believed i am the greatest, the god almighty hahaha :) 

letting go is the hardest thing one can do, but once done, it feel like the weight of whole globe is off of you

Where there is desire there can be no truth. 

The negation of desire and all it implies is not a movement of duality. This is a whole action that is not bound by the dualistic nature of thought. Only truth sees this. TRUTH NEED NOT DESIRE

:)

Only from the perspective of one who is bound by duality “choice” is that so. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless Truth 1, desire 2. This is what duality is. In actuality, there is one. (Collapse) To say there can not be one without the other, is duality. But, all is contingent to meanings. I assume, somehow, to you, 2 things which can not both be present are still somehow one thing. (I don’t mean that sarcastically ❤️ It just seems like that’s what you’re saying) 

In a nutshell, once you know there is only you, desires, thoughts, pigeons, wind, etc, all you. There is no more perspective like 

27 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Where there is desire there can be no truth. 

In nonduality, what you said is not actual. You are the truth, and there is nothing else. So when you say if X, there is no Truth, you reveal that you aren’t aware you are the Truth, (nondual) and you are also X. (Desire, in this case) (Desire is also Truth)

I do understand where you’re at. This is the “consciousness work”. For you, it’d require comfort with not knowing, which is very different than not knowing there is nothing to be known. One is self imposed ignorance, the other is a reference from out of mind / body / “physical universe” (Being)

Infinite, is not, Whole, and Whole is not Infinite. Whole, is the “ceiling” of Maya. Absolute is pretty darn accurate once you experience it, and then, it doesn’t matter what word is used, they all refer to you, said by you. You = Absolute. 

Also, while I’m at it, no secret you are not pro meditation, and mention you have not meditated, but I remember you mentioning you started meditation when you were 11. Only mentioning this because it might bring clarity on how words / meanings can be shifted semantically (for our own sake), as in, the meaning for practices, meditation, psychological time, order, experience, and even psychedelics (though you don’t know what they are yet) changes by the moment to accomadate what I think is a pretty deep wall of paradigm. I could be entirely wrong, and if it’s personal or offensive, just ignore me. I only say this in hopes of growth. 

I will say though, when you talk about what you don’t know, and “hammering” it into what you do know, you’re projecting a lot of assumption, and seem to be very convincing to some newbies. I feel you’re doing them a disservice in that sense. By this I mean your references to absolute, psychedelics, meditation, learning, etc. You’re free to keep doing it, just thought I’d politely point it out. 

After some enlightenment experiences I think I quit too.

Pursuing that every single day, trying to stay in a full conscious mood, trying to have no ego, no self most of the time, started to destroy my life.

having family and friends and any kind of social interaction simply doesn't work with this kind of life purpose.

So I am now building my self again, creating my ego again, feeding the devil that the self is. and living this life as it should be. with a self, without the thought that I AM the environment too, creating that barrier that defines me and building those walls again.

I realized that once I am in a 3 dimensional body, with limited time, I will live this and when I die, and my ego remains I will work with enlightenment again. for now, I just quit.

@Nahm

Are we aware of every movement of desire which is the root of deception???

Desire is the initiator and source of the constant movement the center/self 

Desire is fear

There is desire therefore “I” am. 

Where there is desire inevitably makes for deception 

Desire is fragmentation 

When desire is not there is emptiness. Which is frightening. So we are constantly move in the direction of desire maintain permanence. 

When desire is not, “I”am not. 

What happens when the whole of desire is seen? 

This is the problem. We employ the part “desire” being a limited and finite movement to end itself. But the desirer is the desired. Here is this full circle ⭕️ that you speak of. 

One is then attempting to use desire to end desire. Use time to end time. A fragmented movement trying to end that which demands a whole/infinite/unlimited movement to do so, such as truth. 

To end desire, the whole movement of desire must be “totally” understood. In that holistic understanding “non dualistic” ”not of choosing”  there is an immediate action of negation “intelligent action”...A sign of genuine embodiment. 

This is the ending of all that desire implies. Time at that moment ends. There is no more using desire to end desire. The negation of desire means no movement/content of the conditioned consciousness “the center”...Freedom from the center/desire, ends the inevitable self deception. 

This is the revolution of consciousness. 

To ending of desire “time” is the essence of intelligence. 

If you are still caught in these desires you are not expressing action of one who is truth. This is totally absurd my friend.

And ”All” is contained within truth. But your actions are the actions of one who is fragemted, contradicting, and which expresses itself as one being psychologically insecure. Your replies make this quite apparent.

Holistic embodiment is the expression of truth. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

I do understand where you’re at

This is absurd to. You cannot possibly know ”where I'm at”...especially since we share two totally different perspectives here. 

I’m sorry but your actions on this forum do not seem like one who lives as TRUTH. Quite the opposite I must say. You insist that desire “time” can lead to truth. Any man/woman that actually lives as truth would see this as absolutely absurd my friend. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

For you, it’d require comfort with not knowing, which is very different than not knowing there is nothing to be known. One is self imposed ignorance, the other is a reference from out of mind / body / “physical universe” (Being)

This is an obvious sign that you are still bound measure. You are still projecting images upon others to satisfy your own self constructed image. It’s very easy to see this. It’s ok I don’t mind I just thought you might want to know. Don’t mind my honesty.

And your reactions to my purposing that all these means of time to end time is not absolutely necessary seems to be you protecting your own insecurities. You depend on advocating these movements of time to validate and maintain your self image. It seems to me you feel I am attacking you by suggesting these “movements of time” are just another movement of choice and within the limited field of mind/thought. Does this make you feel your very essence of self is being attacked? 

Not everyone wants to play this absolutely false game of time can lead to the absolute. This is joke and a very destructive joke at that. Some people see through the game my friend. I’m just sharing with any who may want to avoid the BS and live free of the shackles of time ”Now” not tomorrow or next day. Only thought procrastinates as such. 

Anyway I got to go. I appreciate your honesty:)

I hope you appreciate mine as well??

Edited by Faceless

51 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@Nahm

Are we aware of every movement of desire which is the root of deception??? That’s your view, your duality. One can be fully in nonduality, Truth, and have desire, wants, etc, being fully aware things and or experiences are them (me / you) lol. 

Desire is the initiator and source of the constant movement the center/self  In your understanding. 

Desire is fear This is your perspective, duality. There is no such thing as fear, everything you could project fear onto, is you! :) When realized, no fear. 

There is desire therefore “I” am.  Same thing goin on here. 

Where there is desire inevitably makes for deception Not if you are the Truth. Then, there is no more duality, there is no deception to reference. 

Desire is fragmentation  For you (sorry) I understand where you’re at, but there is no such thing as fragmentation, not to be repetitive, but you’re projecting duality here. What you point to and label fragmentation, is you! 

When desire is not there is emptiness. Which is frightening. Again, to you. Fear is a mental projection. The emptiness, is YOU, nothing to fear. 

So we are constantly move in the direction of desire maintain permanence. No, “we” don’t. I’m you!

When desire is not, “I”am not. Double negative, no meaning. 

What happens when the whole of desire is seen?   Truth really can’t be communicated. YOu have to go much deeper to realize the Truth, then, you will see how when said, it immediately is not the Truth. Not trying to be the riddler here. Lol 

This is the problem. We There’s no we

employ the part There’s no “parts”

“desire” being a limited and finite movement to end itself. But the desirer is the desired. Here is this full circle ⭕️ that you speak of.  Yeah, but you have not went full circle. 

One is then attempting to use desire to end desire. No, you don’t understand, this is what consciousness work is for. 

Use time to end time. No. That is your projection from your consciousness, it is not actually what I, or others here, have been telling you. It’s a nail, because, consciousness. 

A fragmented movement trying to end that which demands a whole/infinite/unlimited movement to do so, such as truth. No. This is perspective. There is no Whole. 

To end desire, the whole movement of desire must be “totally” understood. I agree. THEN enlightenment, and THEN self actualization. (Of course, communication filters through our meanings, and our meanings are of course not the same)

In that holistic understanding “non dualistic” ”not of choosing”  there is an immediate action of negation “intelligent action”...A sign of genuine embodiment.  Negation reveals duality. There is no other entity, or thing, or thought, to negate. It’s all YOU!

This is the ending of all that desire implies. There is literally nothing. Nothing ends. Your perception changes. You already are Nothing. 

Time at that moment ends. Time is a man made & devicive.  Being “out of psychological time” is not enlightenment.

There is no more using desire to end desire. The negation of desire means no movement/content of the conditioned consciousness “the center”...Freedom from the center/desire, ends the inevitable self deception. You can’t condition consciousness. Again, we have different realizations for the word consciousness. There is no such thing as consciousness. It may sound paradoxical if you have duality, but there is consciousness work until the realization there is no consciousness work, as there is no self work until the realization of Self. 

This is the revolution of consciousness.    No such thing. To a seeker, from a teacher, sure, but this convo, no such thing. 

To ending of desire “time” is the essence of intelligence. OMG. No. World’s apart. 

If you are still caught in these desires you are not expressing action of one who is truth.  You perceive I am caught in desires, because if you had desires you would be caught in them. This reveals a ‘half circle’. Truth, can desire anything, because it’s all YOU. There’s nothing to be caught in. 

This is totally absurd my friend.      First, it’s easy to see when you are agitated, because you have an obvious pattern of emoji’s, buddy, friend, pal, and I think there was an ‘old boy’ in there too. (I liked Old Boy)   Lol.  Second, you haven’t went full circle in self actualization, so you perceive desire as other, as non Truth. Everyone who says otherwise, who have went full circle, you perceive as a nail. I did too. I understand. 

And ”All” is contained within truth. But your actions are the actions of one who is fragemted, contradicting, and which expresses itself as one being psychologically insecure. Your replies make this quite apparent.

Holistic embodiment is the expression of truth. “Holistic”. You have your private words with their private meanings, open mindedness is needed. 

This is absurd to. You cannot possibly know ”where I'm at”...especially since we share two totally different perspectives here.  Yes I can. I do. I was there, so it’s easy. 

I’m sorry but your actions on this forum do not seem like one who lives as TRUTH.       Yes, to you. 

Quite the opposite I must say. You insist that desire “time” can lead to truth.  No, you’re conflating, hammering. 

Any man/woman that actually lives as truth would see this as absolutely absurd my friend.    Again, yes, to you. These are big clues of nonduality for you, but you’d have to not know. 

This is an obvious sign that you are still bound measure. Again, you see it this way. I understand why and how.    Still, to you. 

You are still projecting images upon others to satisfy your own self constructed image. It’s very easy to see this. It’s ok I don’t mind I just thought you might want to know. Don’t mind my honesty.        I love talking to you!  Possibly the funnest conversations I’ve had on the forum. Thank you. And just for the record, I’m assuming, I’m pretty sure I know, neither of us take anything personally. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

And your reactions to my purposing that all these means of time to end time is not absolutely necessary seems to be you protecting your own insecurities.    No, I’m saying th end of psychological time is a thought. Time never existed even in Maya. It’s a man made idea. There is so much more. 

You depend on advocating these movements of time to validate and maintain your self image.  I’m anonymous on the forum. There is no self image here, or anywhere else. There are no “likes”, no hierarchy here, nothing. btw, nor did I ask to be a moderator. 

It seems to me you feel I am attacking you by suggesting these “movements of time” are just another movement of choice and within the limited field of mind/thought. Does this make you feel your very essence of self is being attacked? No. You are me. 

Not everyone wants to play this absolutely false game of time can lead to the absolute. That’s conflation. 

This is joke and a very destructive joke at that. Some people see through the game my friend. I’m just sharing with any who may want to avoid the BS and live free of the shackles of time ”Now” not tomorrow or next day. Only thought procrastinates as such.        You underestimate the ego. 

Anyway I got to go. I appreciate your honesty:)

I hope you appreciate mine as well??

I love it!  I love you man! 

Sorry for the crappy reply’s next to your comments but I had to hurry to leave for a musical.  6 years old’s kindergarten show at the Big High School. Exciting stuff!

Same old song and game huh ?

I applaud this game one is playing as well.  Bravo ?

Edited by Faceless

Desire is the desire to end desire by acquiring that which one desires. By acquiring that which one falsely believes to be lacking. In a way, it is the search for a missing piece of one's puzzle; a search for that which will make one whole, or fulfilled. You are already whole, lacking nothing, and so desire is a trickster which misleads you to believe you are less than all there is. Desire fuels the ego that fuels desire. This is the circle of suffering, and the opponent of truth.

Desire and ego are, however, not our enemies. Rather they are guides to wisdom - the path to the wise child. Fighting desire and ego is desire and ego in disguise. Like fighting fire with fire, which only brings more fire. Acceptance and letting go is the key to lasting peace and love for all there is.

@Faceless Psychadelics. ❤️❤️❤️ Transcend the brain model. 

Also, those are personal accusations. Please, I apologize if I came accross as personal. Nonduality is pretty personal. I appreciate you. Fascinating to me, seeing were you’re at. Incredibly rare. The maximum of thinking. I mean that in the nicest way.  The ceilingless ceiling...? Lol.  ❤️

@WindInTheLeaf Deep stuff.    What about, when you’ve realized you are alone, there is only you, and you are a magic, mystical nothing, Being, everything.

Then what is desire?