youngshinzen

Supplements for anxiety that WORK

21 posts in this topic

Hey,

as I‘m almost at zero medication to treat my anxiety, I‘d like to supplement. I‘m already meditating for a year now, eating healthy (I‘d say it’s 80% healthy), doing yoga and doing intense cycling every other day. Sleep could be a bit more regular, but I‘m workung on it. No alcohol, not smoking.

I already use Omega 3 and Vitamin D regularly (for several months now). I tried curcumin pills for the last month, maybe it helped, but still had anxiety.

My anxiety (if strong, it leads to temporary depression - heart/emotions fully closed) manifests as tingling in my chest and the fear to look at people and have eye contact. I‘ve had eye contact problem for years, now I know that this is an indicator for how anxious/depressed I am. Also relaxing into it and letting my eyes open instead of pinching together won‘t help, as it‘s not the root problem.

If you can, attach studies to the supplements you recommend.

Thanks ya‘ll😊

(saved the two previous comments, thank you)

Try

magnesium (not magnesium oxide) (essential for muscle relaxation)

Raw cacao (has magnesium, potent mood enhancer, supports healthy serotonin levels)

Ashwagandha (one of the most recommended herbs for anxiety)

L theanine (supports GABA levels and alpha brain waves)

Trace mineral supplement like "Concentrace"

Iodine

There's more but don't wanna overwhelm you.

Additionally, perfect your breathing (look up Buteyko breathing or "The oxygen advantage"), sleep, movement, and diet.

Also don't resist the anxiety. Let it come and go naturally of its own accord.

Good luck

"The moment contains love."

Hello youngshinzen, long time no see.

When I drink coffee I almost always get a little twinge of anxiety crop up.

Using transdermal magnesium instantly, near one hundred percent quells this.

There are many forms one can take magnesium, but transdermal is instant, and I notice the effects more than pills.

One spray on each shoulder, one of the back of my neck, and one on my chest. That is about half a dose.

One can take more. and use it multiple times a day.

https://bebrainfit.com/magnesium-anxiety-stress/

The kingdom of heaven is within.

"Trying to protect you from the ways that evil says "I love you" " - Of montreal

@InfinitePotential I‘ll start with ashwagandha. Is it enough to test supplements for a month when it comes to anxiety/depression?

Watched some vids about the breathing technique. I always sensed while having yoga class that breathing slowly through the nose was the right thing to do. Even though I „disliked“ the feeling of lacking oxygen, but now I think it’s kind of cool😄 Lacking oxygen is like feeding my cat a sausage and pulling it away to tease him. Also, breathing slowly and feeding my cat like this have more saliva production in common😄 I‘ll implement that throughout the day, thanks.

@Colin I have a blood test from november 2017 and my magnesium level is at 0.87 (should be in molecular mass). It‘s not marked as deficient, will taking magnesium benefit me?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, youngshinzen said:

@InfinitePotential I‘ll start with ashwagandha. Is it enough to test supplements for a month when it comes to anxiety/depression?

Watched some vids about the breathing technique. I always sensed while having yoga class that breathing slowly through the nose was the right thing to do. Even though I „disliked“ the feeling of lacking oxygen, but now I think it’s kind of cool😄 Lacking oxygen is like feeding my cat a sausage and pulling it away to tease him. Also, breathing slowly and feeding my cat like this have more saliva production in common😄 I‘ll implement that throughout the day, thanks.

Nice! But actually breathing less means more oxygen, at least for your body's organs and tissues. 

The feeling of "lacking oxygen" you get when breathing less is actually you feeling like you need to get rid of carbon dioxide. You want to increase your tolerance for carbon dioxide, as it is necessary to transport oxygen from your blood to your body.

Here's another great video on it made by Leo from the future:

Edit: oh and yes a month should be plenty to determine if it's working for you. Pick a good brand, I've liked organic India's ashwagandha. And feel free to take plenty, it can be very effective (but definitely address the root cause too)

Edited by InfinitePotential

"The moment contains love."

Cannabis CBD oil or Kratom if nothing else works but Sunshine is always excellent for most imbalances(More body exposure = better result). Vitamin D supplementation is not even close to the effect you get from direct sun exposure and its rays. This is nature. Also Grounding should help significantly.

Kava Kava is also up there with Ashwagandha and Essential oils like Lavender and Chamomile can be applied and rubbed onto skin paired with Magnesium Spray for Anxiety. Essential oils hold the highest vibration of any known food/plant/substance.

ALL IS WELL

@youngshinzen The first-hand knowledge of how you feel will serve you better than the numbers on any test :)

The kingdom of heaven is within.

"Trying to protect you from the ways that evil says "I love you" " - Of montreal

Definitely give L-theamine a try, works very well for anxiety.

Posted (edited)

Magnesium Chelate combined with health eating and 1 hour of exercise helped my anxiety immensely!

http://www.jle.com/download/mrh-308430-the_effects_of_magnesium_supplementation_on_subjective_anxiety--Wvz0D38AAQEAACHohlUAAAAE-a.pdf

Magnesium has been demonstrated to alleviate subjective symptoms of anxiety in the mildly anxious and those reporting PMS symptomology. Combining Mg with additional ingredients, such as vitamin B6, may increase treatment efficacy

Edited by Phill

1 hour ago, Phill said:

Magnesium Chelate combined with health eating and 1 hour of exercise helped my anxiety immensely!

http://www.jle.com/download/mrh-308430-the_effects_of_magnesium_supplementation_on_subjective_anxiety--Wvz0D38AAQEAACHohlUAAAAE-a.pdf

Magnesium has been demonstrated to alleviate subjective symptoms of anxiety in the mildly anxious and those reporting PMS symptomology. Combining Mg with additional ingredients, such as vitamin B6, may increase treatment efficacy

What type of exercise?

@youngshinzen have you tried Hypericum perforatum / St. John's wort? it's effect has actually been proved in clinical studies. but be careful with that, research and inform yourself beforehand if you decide to try that, as it has a couple of interactions with other meds/substances because of the liver enzyme enhancement. nothing too severe, but some other meds may loose their effect.  it's just good to know that before eventually  taking it :) 

whatever arises, love that

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, thehero said:

What type of exercise?

Swimming for 1 hour, intense pace, make sure your heart is beating harder, then you are in the right track, that's the pace I go

Edited by Phill

@InfinitePotential Thanks!

@pluto On that topic, I live in Germany. Do you think it is hypothetically a good idea to move somewhere, where it‘s always sunny or is a winter depression (pretty strong for me) good for growth and to have a contrast in life?

I‘m aware of CBD and will try it in the future, when I have done enough research on which products are the best to get from where I live. 

Grounding is definitely something that makes sense as my awareness is mostly in front of my face, so the eye contact is a symptom there. Thanks!

@Mathew Pav Thanks, I will.

@Phill As my magnesium levels seem to be sufficient, I‘ve started with ashwagandha. But it was mentioned multiple times and it I will try it when this month is over. Thanks!

@phoenix666 I haven‘t but I will also save it for later. Thank you!

I heard 5-Meo-DMT was a mild sedative used to treat anxiety.

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." - Steve Jobs

@youngshinzen Yo. Great work man. Amazing what you’ve done for yourself. 

@AdamDiC 😂

Truth is essential, not accidental - create a life worth waking up to, and you will. 

Try 5-HTP, it increases serotonin and melatonin, should be taken only with green tea extract (EGCG) to prevent some side effects (serotonin release in heart instead of in brain).

For me, the effects were almost immediate. I use it along with L-Tyrosine.

@darktropeek I googled it and found a study showing that it‘s as effective as a placebo, but I‘ll give it a try. Thanks

Posted (edited)

Better try L-Tryptophan instead of 5-HTP also if you have access try these https://www.buddhateas.com/buy/cbd-teas.html

They are awesome and if they help you can maybe in the future try medical grade oils for higher strength ect..

And in reply to your question i think that's entirely up-to you my friend, depending on how severe the situation is but i am sure you can make it work somehow.

Edited by pluto

ALL IS WELL