Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael569

Chakras - please share your experience or knowledge

14 posts in this topic

Would anyone be able to share some knowledge / good books on understanding the topic of chakras and exploring their potential for healing? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I heard that the kundalini book on leos book list has some good chakra info. Sadly most chakra books on the market are usually the washed down new age stuff that offer cutesy tips like "wear red to heal your root chakra!" Which might help a liiiiittttle bit but doesnt go to the root issue of why our chakras are closed. The kriya book on leos list doesnt tell you about them but the excerises do open/activate them.

The only good source i can find on them is teal swans chakra videos. There is discussed the reason why they are closed and what emotional issues need to be uncovered in order to heal them, along with the more fun tips as mentioned above. She doesnt have them all covered yet.

https://youtu.be/uAFO8xsA7Hk

Edited by moon777light

One of my favorite videos all time that will be drilled into my future children's minds from birth:

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Okay so feel free to confirm these things on your own.

The 7 main chakras also have front and back points to them apart from crown. Overall there are smaller energy points all over your body. The way I see it our emotional attachments are stored in our body as energy that needs to be processed with attention. Things like trauma and parts that are pushed away remain there as an energetic blockage. Attention is all that's needed to cure them really, but energy work and learning to notice your energy can allow you to undermine things faster. I encourage learning at least a bit about chakras how to take care of them, even if the general way to take care of them is acting in a way that makes them feel good.

Passive empowerment and activation of a specific chakra - Just consciously breathe while focusing on the given chakra, then continue along while having confidence that you'll passively breath in that place unconsciously. This'll extenuate that chakras traits in your personality. For example, if you think you lack confidence and self-expression day to day, simply focus on your solar.

thanks guys ! a lot of cool information here. I'll start digging in !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

"Easter Body, Western Mind" is a top notch book explaining chakras in terms of western psychology. I am reading it now and cannot stop my awe at what a great piece of work it is. All you need to know about chakras is in there.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

1 hour ago, okulele said:

"Easter Body, Western Mind" is a top notch book explaining chakras in terms of western psychology. I am reading it now and cannot stop my awe at what a great piece of work it is. All you need to know about chakras is in there.

Yes. I've read it too and it's really good!

@Michael569

On 5/16/2018 at 2:04 AM, okulele said:

I second this! The book's by Anodea Judith. It's an excellent intro to the chakras. It even relates the chakras to Reichian bioenergetic character structures, i.e. the way you hold your musculature. 

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

Awakening is directly linked to a harmonic chakra system function. 

@InfinitePotential Aang learnt to open his chakras so quickly and easily lol.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Michael569 Chakras don’t exist in your reality. A book won’t make them appear real and tangible, only self-discovery will. That’s the fun part, I wouldn’t let a book take that away from me :) 

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Let's start :) 

Air, Thymus is the Brain (green)

Ether, Thyroid is the Brain (blue)

Water, Eggs are the Brain ;) (orange)

Earth, linked to Fire, Adrenals are the Brain (red)

Fire, linked to Earth, Pancreas is the Brain (yellow)

Light, The Pine Cone is the Brain ;) (indigo)

Knowledge, holy shit! you escaped duality, hahaha. (violet)

done?

Actively listen to Green until you find out. Do it as if your life depends on it, only then you can hear without words the unspeakable.