7thLetter

What are some of the things that you do to take action on Self Actualization?

31 posts in this topic

@Sevi Challenge accepted. You gave me the inspiration to set a day sometime soon to try the Do Nothing technique. Maybe I'll even meditate for over an hour in that day for the first time.

Maybe not the last part of what you said in that post. But also, maybe I shouldn't say anything about that because you might insert say something about my ego or how I'm closed-minded to doing so. Literally? Lol like come on, I won't pour butter in my nostrils until I see a video of you or someone else doing it for the sake of nothing or for growth purposes.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I try to be as empty as possible. And detached.

Edited by Highest

3 hours ago, Highest said:

I try to be as empty as possible. And detached.

no detachment is needed, just observation. it gives the sense when you try to be empty that theres someone thats capable of that.

@SFRL thank you?

I'm sorry @7thLetter , nice to hear that you'll give it a try. I still recomend the butter. Yes I do it in a regular basis.

On 5/15/2018 at 2:34 AM, 7thLetter said:

Meditation (Still trying to build the consistency)

- Deep contemplation (On the theory, on my life, on the world around us, on human nature, etc.)

- Eating healthy (For the most part)

- Fitness

- Appreciating life, nature, what I have

- Trying to understand all of life, truth, meaning, human psychology, and trying to understand my own psychology and life. Especially exploring different areas of life like business, fitness, etc. It all seems to be a part of understanding different perspectives.

- Then reading and listening to theory. I know this isn't part of action taking but just wanted to include it.

And as a result of it all, it has brought me a sense of inner peace, more appreciation for life, more in love with my solitude rather than hanging out with a ton of people. More understanding of life, and people. Deeper and more complex thoughts. And more to come.

On 5/15/2018 at 4:52 PM, 7thLetter said:

That what you resist, persists

On 5/15/2018 at 3:28 PM, 7thLetter said:

I think balance is the answer we are looking for

On 5/15/2018 at 4:52 PM, 7thLetter said:

A lot of things in personal development are counterintuitive really

You’re doing fantastic. Your open mindedness is stellar. Your ‘big picture view’ is really impressive for any age. Future mod prediction!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Sevi That's great to know. But why put butter up your nostrils and what purpose does it serve? Is there a specific butter that you use or just any from the grocery store? I would try it, but I don't know enough about what the purpose of it is. Plus I'd prefer not to get any acne on my face :)

@Nahm Thanks for seeing that in me I appreciate it! And never thought of that but it would be an interesting experience and pretty amazing if that happened

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@7thLetter Calls em like I sees em. Lol. I’m 4 for 4 on bans and mods. Who knows.  (Not up to me at all, btw, there’s no recommendations or voting or anything - just Leo’s decisions)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

what purpose does it serve?

To get into thoughtless awareness. But without applying this method, you cannot understand the difference of this one from the one you acquire from deep meditation. This is a slightly altered state, nothing to be scared of, you don't loose your control/consciousness or anything, but your perception shifts a bit.

In Indian supermarkets there is this butter called gee, it's butter. You can use that. If you won't do it i will not write details.

Opening of Sahasrara Chakra is equal to self realisation; for that the last step is related to previous chakra: Hamsa Chakra: the deities of this chakra is Jesus and Mother Mary and the quality is forgiveness. Long story short, ego and super ego meets at this chakra and implies pressure here. Thinking so much or even having the thought forms disturbs this intersection. To cure it, there are several ways. It's not like oh I'm gonna meditate and stop this thinking process. So you do some several work to cure the chakra. The more you think the more your liver gets heated, since it is part of the production of the energy (related sugar form in the body) that brain uses to support the thinking process... Well this stuff is pretty comlicated and interrelated.. That I need to write almost every day to make sense but.. 

Basically it.

@7thLetter

Edited by Sevi

@Nahm I guess we'll have to wait and see. Lol sorry for breaking your streak if it never happens :P

@Sevi I'll probably try it one day honestly. I'll let you know. Was a bit skeptical at first but I guess it's an actual thing