Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abundance

The Spiritual Path and Entrepreneurship

5 posts in this topic

Where does entrepreneurship play into the spiritual path? I ultimately want to obtain financial freedom and seem to constantly struggling to come up with new ideas. I recently read a book entitled, Unscripted by MJ  Demarco and it totally shifted my view of entrepreneurship. I realize that my views and past business ventures were all based on selfishness and not providing real value for people. I am grateful to have come to this realization but I struggle to come up with new ideas for my next business venture and hence it produces great suffering within me and I often grow frustrated. Part of me feels that this suffering is ultimately based on a discontentment and having attachments. My meditation practice has caused me to be acutely aware of my feelings. Of course the ultimate goal is become detached but wouldn't this inhibit my desire of being an entrepreneur? Or will sticking on the spiritual path allow me to become a better entrepreneur?

Any insight is much appreciated.

3 hours ago, abundance said:

Where does entrepreneurship play into the spiritual path?

It has two roles.

One is that it can get you out of the system. That's mostly what MJ talks about in Unscripted as you know.

The second is that entrepreneurship can be a vehicle for your life purpose. Maybe you're going to start something similar to Actualized.org or maybe you'll open meditation studio. Who knows.

Even if your life purpose is to be something like a musician, you're still in many ways an entrepreneur. Because you're building the brand of your music.

3 hours ago, abundance said:

Of course the ultimate goal is become detached but wouldn't this inhibit my desire of being an entrepreneur? Or will sticking on the spiritual path allow me to become a better entrepreneur?

The spiritual path will make you a better entrepreneur IF it's authentic to you and that's your intention. If you choose to go live in a cave for 30 years, you may be very spiritually evolved but you'll probably be a shit entrepreneur.

Assuming it is authentic, here's why it can help.

Let's look at some of the characteristics of a good entrepreneur:

1) Highly driven and on purpose

2) High levels of energy

3) Charismatic and influential. High degree of people skills

4) Decisive

5) Willing to take risks and disrupt social norms

6) Accepts 100% responsibility for the companies success

7) Not attached to wins or loses

ALL of these things can come from being on some sort of spiritual path. You don't have to apply it in that way, but the point is you could.

6 hours ago, aurum said:

It has two roles.

One is that it can get you out of the system. That's mostly what MJ talks about in Unscripted as you know.

The second is that entrepreneurship can be a vehicle for your life purpose. Maybe you're going to start something similar to Actualized.org or maybe you'll open meditation studio. Who knows.

Even if your life purpose is to be something like a musician, you're still in many ways an entrepreneur. Because you're building the brand of your music.

The spiritual path will make you a better entrepreneur IF it's authentic to you and that's your intention. If you choose to go live in a cave for 30 years, you may be very spiritually evolved but you'll probably be a shit entrepreneur.

Assuming it is authentic, here's why it can help.

Let's look at some of the characteristics of a good entrepreneur:

1) Highly driven and on purpose

2) High levels of energy

3) Charismatic and influential. High degree of people skills

4) Decisive

5) Willing to take risks and disrupt social norms

6) Accepts 100% responsibility for the companies success

7) Not attached to wins or loses

ALL of these things can come from being on some sort of spiritual path. You don't have to apply it in that way, but the point is you could.

Thank you for taking time to reply to this. Do you feel that these 7 good qualities of entrepreneurship will be enhanced with spirituality?

Also, MJ often denounces following your passion as it does not often reciprocate to what is needed in the market. What is your take on this? 

@abundance Detachment leaves you with all the energy, no more resistant thoughts. Enlightenment leaves you with the amazing comfort that this is your illusion, and there is no ‘other’, so without fear, doubts, second guessing, etc - circles back to - no resistance.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@abundance I have a few awesome business ideas, inspirations that could improve my community, and myself....but they are not my life purpose.... so I often debate the validity of pursuing them.... and find my weird relationship with $ too much of a hindrance... Questions:

1. What were the top three lessons you learned from this book?

2. What do you think humanity/ nature is most in need of.... where you have related skills and vision... to step in with an offering?

3. What brings you bliss, and gives back to the universe?